Please enable feats progression in Custom Survival mode!

ArcherAC3

On 4/24/2020 at 7:24 PM, ManicManiac said:

@Dum_Gen

...In short I'll say again: "No thank you, to Feat Progression on Custom."

I'm with the side that wants feats to progress on custom sandbox as I don't have any fun in the preset difficulties as they aren't my playstyle.

Due to this I play exclusively custom this unfortunately removes a major feature of the game for me. I do however agree that hinterland shouldn't simply enable feat progression on custom. Instead, I think it should be an option within custom just like you can turn intestinal Parasites on or off there should be an enable feat progression option. This would give the ones like me, who doesn't find enjoyment in the 4 preset modes, an opportunity to progress our feats in custom runs but people like you could still have feat progression exclusive to the preset modes.

Edited by LoneWolf5841
Spelling and punctuation fixes.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:01 AM, peteloud said:

I would prefer to see Feat Progression in straight Voyager and Stalker modes only.  Completing those feats in Pilgrim or simplified custom games is too east and doesn't deserve the Feat award.

I'm sorry, but lighting 1,000 fires has nothing to do with the difficulty of the game mode in which it is done; that is, it does not require a greater amount of skill to light a fire be it in Pilgrim or in Interloper.  If one dies due to the a wolf attack, one merely has to start a new game save.  They don't lose the progression they made on the feat, so the ability to "stay alive" is totally irrelevant.  It's merely a gauge of total hours spent in the game and is equally "easy" in any mode... just more time consuming on some modes than others overall.  Spending time in blizzards is actually more quickly accomplished in Interloper than in Pilgrim since blizzard frequency is higher in interloper... one just needs to keep a good fire going in a "outdoor" location and coal, which accomplishes that, is more common in Interloper than in Pilgrim.  It makes 0 sense to exclude Custom from feat progression.

I prefer the trend they are now setting with the Darkwalker Feat... earned during challenges only.  Either one completes the chlallenge or they don't... and there is only one difficulty level to the challenge.  So, very likely this change would only affect the feats already in place which you already haven acquired.  So, why really are you objecting?

ETA:  To get eh firestarting feat in Interloper mode, I could accomplish it conceivably, by starting 83 to, say 100 new Interloper files, sprinting to the nearest "guaranteed" match loot site while picking up 12 sticks and 12 cattail heads or other form of tinder... drop a knee in a cave and burn up that box of matches... collapse the file and start another.  Is it hard? No.  Is it fun? NO!  Much better for feats to be earned within file saves that the individual player actually wants to play.

ETA2:  The more I think about... I really think Hinterland should just give each new player the full slate of feats when they first open the game and give each difficulty level the same number of slots.  This would allow everyone a way to merely "customize" their starting character on par with RPG's (e.g. the Fallout franchise where the player can allocation SPECIAL points to various skill areas at the start).

In a very real sense, on ANY difficulty level, the current feat system disadvantages new players simply because they are new players.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LoneWolf5841 said:

I'm with the side that wants feats to progress on custom sandbox as I don't have any fun in the preset difficulties as they aren't my playstyle.

Due to this I play exclusively custom this unfortunately removes a major feature of the game for me. I do however agree that hinterland shouldn't simply enable feat progression on custom. Instead, I think it should be an option within custom just like you can turn intestinal Parasites on or off there should be an enable feat progression option. This would give the ones like me, who doesn't find enjoyment in the 4 preset modes, an opportunity to progress our feats in custom runs but people like you could still have feat progression exclusive to the preset modes.

Oh no, then you might enjoy the game more. That is simply unacceptable. Infact I think feats should only be enabled for those who are playing interloper past 200 days and they're restricted to living in hushed river valley the entire time. All feat progress for everyone should be wiped for the new and much better feat system.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 4:15 PM, ManicManiac said:

@Azdrawee
...I'd prefer folks should play the game in the standard modes in order to earn feats...

I came back to this after another thread being made and just noticed this part and just have to ask why do you care how people plays the game? this sounds as if you wish to control peoples playthroughs. If it's added as an option within custom mode then it doesn't affect you in anyway.

Edited by LoneWolf5841

@LoneWolf5841

Your short quote of one of my earlier posts seems to me, to be a little bit of "cherry-picking."
I've not expressed any desire to control how other's play... it seems you have just taken that phrase out of context.

I've said my piece on this topic already... However, if folks read my posts in their entirely, I think it's fairly clear that my opinion on this is rooted in what seemed to me to be Hinterlands' apparent intentions, and that I prefer it.

And to restate some of what I discussed before...

I do tend to think that the Feats were intended to be a reward earned by playing the modes of the game that were intended by Hinterland, and not ones designed/tailored by players (via custom game settings).  I think this is more than a fair trade off.

I say this because, it seems to me that the "standard" modes being designed and curated by Hinterland, thereby represent "normal" play. 
Where as "Custom" is not directly curated by Hinterland, because it permits the player to modify and/or overhaul the experience to better suit their personal tastes.

I do think that Feats ought to be a reward for "standard" play... rather than for our own custom version of the game.
This seems to be what was intended by Hinterland, and I agree with them.

:coffee::fire:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@LoneWolf5841

Your short quote of one of my earlier posts seems to me, to be a little bit of "cherry-picking."
I've not expressed any desire to control how other's play... it seems you have just taken that phrase out of context.

I've said my piece on this topic already... However, if folks read my posts in their entirely, I think it's fairly clear that my opinion on this is rooted in what seemed to me to be Hinterlands' apparent intentions, and that I prefer it.

And to restate some of what I discussed before...

I do tend to think that the Feats were intended to be a reward earned by playing the modes of the game that were intended by Hinterland, and not ones designed/tailored by players (via custom game settings).  I think this is more than a fair trade off.

I say this because, it seems to me that the "standard" modes being designed and curated by Hinterland, thereby represent "normal" play. 
Where as "Custom" is not directly curated by Hinterland, because it permits the player to modify and/or overhaul the experience to better suit their personal tastes.

I do think that Feats ought to be a reward for "standard" play... rather than for our own custom version of the game.
This seems to be what was intended by Hinterland, and I agree with them.

However, they don't reward "standard play" - They encourage repetitive grinding type play even within standardized difficulty levels that ultimately defeats the normal play of the game... however, well intended Hinterland might have been when they set them up.  They also arbitrarily force new players to play with characters that are weaker and less customizable (in an RPG sense) than those of players who have put more hours into the game (again, regardless of whether or not those hours spent have been engaged in thoughtful "normal"play or "exploitive grinding" type play within a "standardized difficulty.  That's bass ackwards, IMO.  Other RPG's allocate a set standard of skill points that players can allocate to enhance their choice of skills to start with regardless of difficulty level.  TLD forces new players to "earn" these basic skill points first... and forces them, to some degree, to earn them in game modes that they might find less engaging and enjoyable than game modes they can legitimately customize using menus provided by Hinterland (not mods).  Conversely, the player can earn "achievements" in those custom game modes... why?

Edited by UpUpAway95

@UpUpAway95

I can understand why you might see it that way... but I still offer another point of view.

The survivor we start with isn't "weaker," just not experienced.
The Feats simply provide a reward to long-term players, giving extra benefit to carry over from run to run.

The character we all start with, is the base line.  I'd posit that the character is not "disadvantaged" by lack of feats... but rather, the Feats only grant advantage (to the players who've earned them).  That is to say, the "extra experience" was earned by the player, and is a boon to a new character (giving them extra advantage that a "normal" character starting out wouldn't have).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This part of the post is not directed at anyone in particular... just more a general restating of my opinion on the subject.  :)

I think Feats (themselves) are simply extra buffs that essentially just serve to make the game a little bit easier.  To gain those extra advantages, the player has to earn them in whatever way Hinterland prescribes (and as of now that means earning them though the "standard" modes of play).

I think it's reasonable that if I decided I wanted to change the game by tweaking a series of custom settings to better suit my personal tastes... that it's fair to give up feat progress in exchange for that freedom.

As I've stated many times already, I agree with Hinterland that these rewards should be earned in the way they intended (which again appears to be through the standard modes of play).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I know many folks don't agree... and that's okay.  :)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@UpUpAway95

I can understand why you might see it that way... but I still offer another point of view.

The Feats simply provide a reward to long-term players, giving extra benefit to carry over from run to run.

The character we all start with, is the base line.  I'd posit that the character is not "disadvantaged" by lack of feats... but rather, the Feats only grant advantage (to the players who've earned them).  That is to say, the "extra experience" was earned by the player, and is a boon to a new character (giving them extra advantage that a "normal" character starting out wouldn't have).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This part of the post is not directed at anyone in particular... just more a general restating of my opinion on the subject.  :)

I think Feats (themselves) are simply extra buffs that essentially just serve to make the game a little bit easier.  To gain those extra advantages, the player has to earn them in whatever way Hinterland prescribes (and as of now that means earning them though the "standard" modes of play).

I think it's reasonable that if I decided I wanted to change the game by tweaking a series of custom settings to better suit my personal tastes... that it's fair to give up feat progress in exchange for that freedom.

As I've stated many times already, I agree with Hinterland that these rewards should be earned in the way they intended (which again appears to be through the standard modes of play).

I know many folks don't agree... and that's okay.  :)

You agree then that comparatively, the character started without feats is weaker than the character started with feats... or else there would be no "reward" to those players who have "earned" them while grinding away (not necessarily playing) in standard difficulty modes.  What Hinterland intended is not the reality of what is happening given the largely flawed system they developed to "deliver" their vision regarding feats.  Again, I asked any long-term player why they actually object to new players just being given these "character customization" skill points as they are habitually given similar points to allocate in most RPG's out there... and providing such points to allow the player some room to pick and choose how to strengthen individual characters in their own ways does not detract from whatever you're doing in your own single-player runthrough of those games.  Nothing now can change how you "earned" your feats.  What changes HL might make and what new players might do with those changes (like enjoy their playthroughs instead of grinding them) has no bearing on whatever you did back then.

Furthermore, Hinterland appear to be moving away from the system you're uploading (correction - upholding) as their intention.  The Darkwalker Feat is the first feat they've issued that cannot be earned in a regular Survival Mode playthorugh, but requires that the Darkwalker Challenge be completed.

Edited by UpUpAway95

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

You agree then that comparatively, the character started without feats is weaker than the character started with feats...

No... that isn't what I said.  There in lies a fundamental difference between our two perspectives. :)
Again it's about the baseline.  I'd say it becomes a personal viewpoint to perceive lack of advantage as "weakness" with relation to a baseline character.
A baseline (or new) character has earned no experience or advantage at all... and is no weaker than any other new character.

I'll try to say it another way:
...absence of advantage is not weakness... as weakness then implies that one is below the standard in some way.  A new character being buffed is not standard... it's an earned reward. 

2 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

What Hinterland intended is not the reality of what is happening

But that's for Hinterland to determine... if they felt the system was flawed or not working as they intended then I'm sure they would change it.
Just like they did with sprains, gaining experience from harvesting meat, and the use of decoys.  Those are things that have changed because Hinterland determined they didn't work as they intended.  I think Feat progression runs along those same lines, and I'd say if it wasn't what Hinterland intended then they would change it.  The current method for gaining Feats seems to be what Hinterland intended... so I support that decision and I think it was a good call on their part.

I think that trading feat progress for the ability to customize our run is a fair trade.  To me it's as simple as that. :)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

@LoneWolf5841

I've not expressed any desire to control how other's play... it seems you have just taken that phrase out of context...

it wasn't cherry picking I was referring to that one phrase only the rest was, in that instance, irrelevant to clarify I did read the whole post and yes I may have taken it out of context it's impossible to tell how you meant it but I also can't help how it sounds to me it doesn't matter what you prefer I do in my playthrough it's my playthrough and I will play it how I prefer not how you prefer. If you didn't mean to appear as if you wanted to control how people play then perhaps you should of said something other than "I'd prefer folks..." the prefer part is where it appears you want players to play a specific way which comes off as if you wish to control peoples playthroughs, I cannot help how I read it, the phrasing is at fault here.

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

@LoneWolf5841

...And to restate some of what I discussed before...

Where as "Custom" is not directly curated by Hinterland, because it permits the player to modify and/or overhaul the experience to better suit their personal tastes...

If the preset difficulties was intended by hinterland then why did they ever add custom what you say seems to suggest players are rewarded for playing one way and punished for playing their way I don't think that was hinterlands point of the restriction. I think it's more about them being worried that someone would make an easier than pilgrim run to get the feats quickly (which in their eyes) ruin the point of feats which is challenge. in reality though I still disagree even though I understand the reason hinterland added this restriction. I don't like being punished for playing custom and no before you say just play the preset difficulties I will say no I am not going to play a mode that I find no enjoyment from.

Edited by LoneWolf5841
Spelling and punctuation fixes.

I contemplated your reply some more... I suppose I have one more thing to add.

19 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I asked any long-term player why they actually object to new players just being given these "character customization" skill points as they are habitually given similar points to allocate in most RPG's

...I think this is kind of like comparing apples to oranges.  I say that because this game (at least in every description or review I have seen) isn't described as an RGP.  It's always described as: First-person, open world, survival game.  (occasionally the tag crafting shows up - but that's pretty common for many survival games).
Strictly speaking I don't think it's an RPG by the standard gaming definition... so I think judging it by RPG standards would seem a bit unfair.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@UpUpAway95

The character we all start with, is the base line.  I'd posit that the character is not "disadvantaged" by lack of feats... but rather, the Feats only grant advantage (to the players who've earned them).  That is to say, the "extra experience" was earned by the player, and is a boon to a new character (giving them extra advantage that a "normal" character starting out wouldn't have)...

This is what I don't understand Why can't long term custom player earn those same rewards why are we punished for not playing the modes we don't enjoy?

41 minutes ago, LoneWolf5841 said:

If the preset difficulties was intended by hinterland then why did they ever add custom

37 minutes ago, LoneWolf5841 said:

This is what I don't understand Why can't long term custom player earn those same rewards why are we punished for not playing the modes we don't enjoy?

These posts seem like they kind of go hand in hand, so I would like to try to answer them together (considering them both as a whole).

I think this is also about perspective.

Custom wasn't always around.  That was something Hinterland gave to us later on.  I see that as a gift.
They didn't owe anyone the ability to customize their game... they choose to give us that freedom.

They give the player the freedom to customize their experience, in exchange for feat progression.
And again, I think that's a fair trade off.

I think, not being able to earn Feats on Custom runs isn't a punishment, simply it wasn't intended to work that way.
To paraphrase what I mentioned with the other poster, the absence of that advantage was not punishment... It was a trade off.

Ultimately, as I said before, it all simply comes down to what Hinterland decides for their game.
I just happen to support and agree with what Hinterland decided.

When the urge strikes me, I'll play custom runs too... but I'm thankful that I can customize my run (because I remember when we couldn't).  I don't mind that I don't earn progress towards feats, because I'm happy that I have the option of making very specific tweaks and changes to my experience when I want to.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

@LoneWolf5841 and/or @UpUpAway95

(also as a matter of perspective)
Please also know that I'm not trying to go "against" your points of view...
I'm really just trying to discuss and explain, my points of view. :)

Granted our points of view differ... but I think that's what makes it a good conversation :)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I think this is also about perspective.

Custom wasn't always around.  That was something Hinterland gave to us later on.  I see that as a gift.
They didn't owe anyone the ability to customize their game... they choose to give us that freedom.

Yes I remember I rarely played back then it was either too easy (Stalker) or lose some features (Interloper with no gun spawns) a friend I knew stoped playing completely only to return after custom sandbox was added, I nearly shelved the game then too I only kept going hoping it would improve, one day. Yes they don't owe anyone anything but clearly hinterland is for the player if the community dislikes this feat restriction then I'm sure hinterland will eventually add an option to toggle feat progression on or off in custom or remove the restrictions all together.

13 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

They give the player the freedom to customize their experience, in exchange for feat progression.

And again, I think that's a fair trade off.

I disagree I'm glad they give us the freedom to customize our runs but unfortunately they didn't give us the freedom to earn the same feats as the preset modes.

18 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Not being able to earn Feats on Custom runs isn't a punishment, simply it wasn't intended to work that way...

...to paraphrase what I mentioned with the other poster, absence of advantage is not punishment.

In my opinion it is punishment as I'm forced to play a way I don't enjoy in order to unlock something that should be accessible no matter what mode you play in. I will never unlock feats as I cannot sit in the preset modes to unlock them as in my opinion the preset modes are boring I only find enjoyment in custom. I'm punished as I can't use a feature of the game due to a restriction of the only mode I enjoy.

23 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

When the urge strikes me, I'll play custom runs too... but I'm thankful that I can customize my run (because I remember when we couldn't).  I don't mind that I don't earn progress towards feats, because I'm happy that I have the option of making very specific tweaks and changes to my experience when I want to.

I'm thankful we have custom as well I wouldn't be playing this game if we didn't but I am, and many others, aren't happy with not earning progress in custom this is why a simple option to enable feat progression in custom would solve both of our view points I can have feat progression in custom by enabling it and you can leave it off.

15 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@LoneWolf5841 and/or @UpUpAway95

(also as a matter of perspective)
Please also know that I'm not trying to go "against" your points of view...
I'm really just trying to discuss and explain, my points of view. :)

Granted our points of view differ... but I think that's what makes it a good conversation :)

None of our view points are wrong as they are nothing more than a matter of opinion but this is why I'm for an option even if I was against feat progression on custom I would still be for the option as it satisfies both the ones who wants it as well as the ones who doesn't.

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@LoneWolf5841
(note: I did do a little editing of my post to try and tidy up/clarify some of what I meant... but I guess that's while you were already typing a response)

I do understand your point of view, and I do respect your opinion.
We just don't see it the same way.  :)

Thanks for letting me know I'm going to leave my reply as is though as the changes you made are roughly the same as what you originally said so my points still stand. 

Edited by LoneWolf5841

10 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

No... that isn't what I said.  There in lies a fundamental difference between our two perspectives. :)
Again it's about the baseline.  I'd say it becomes a personal viewpoint to perceive lack of advantage as "weakness" with relation to a baseline character.
A baseline (or new) character has earned no experience or advantage at all... and is no weaker than any other new character.

I'll try to say it another way:
...absence of advantage is not weakness... as weakness then implies that one is below the standard in some way.  A new character being buffed is not standard... it's an earned reward. 

But that's for Hinterland to determine... if they felt the system was flawed or not working as they intended then I'm sure they would change it.
Just like they did with sprains, gaining experience from harvesting meat, and the use of decoys.  Those are things that have changed because Hinterland determined they didn't work as they intended.  I think Feat progression runs along those same lines, and I'd say if it wasn't what Hinterland intended then they would change it.  The current method for gaining Feats seems to be what Hinterland intended... so I support that decision and I think it was a good call on their part.

I think that trading feat progress for the ability to customize our run is a fair trade.  To me it's as simple as that. :)

It doesn't matter which one you call the "baseline" - When one is comparatively stronger than the other, one is always comparatively stronger than the other and the other is always comparatively weaker than the one.  If a glass is half full, it is still undeniably half empty.  Your spin on it, doesn't change the fact.

They are changing it - As pointed out the Darkwalker Feat cannot be earned within a Standard Survival Mode playthrough.  Therefore, it is unlike the other feats and does not promote "grinding" for it within a Survival Mode playthrough.  Either you complete the challenge or you don't.  They could have set it up like, say, the Blizzard Walker Feat "Spend 20 nights outdoors" and the reward could have been a "20% fatigue reduction at night" - BUT, they didn't... Instead, they require one completes the challenge and they even added a negative to the feat at the same time as the "reward" - You are less fatigued at night, but more fatigued during the day."  It is also the first Challenge Badge that alters Survival Mode gameplay.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

@UpUpAway95

On 12/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

It doesn't matter which one you call the "baseline"

It most emphatically does... one is the standard starting point, and the other is not.  To use your words: "Your spin on it, doesn't change the fact."  :D

They are changing it - As pointed out the Darkwalker Feat

I think that's an odd assumption for your to make. :D

I don't think this was indicative of a new direction for Hinterland...  The Darkwalker event being incorporated as a challenge was clearly a special circumstance.  They even stated it outright (here's what Raph posted) :

"I’m sad to announce that after nearly two weeks of working with Nintendo on the release of our ESCAPE THE DARKWALKER event on Switch, I have decided to pull the plug on releasing it... [text removed for brevity] ...I’m very sorry to all our Switch players -- I’m sure this feels really unfair.... [text removed for brevity] ...To try to make it up to you, we’re going to prepare Darkwalker as a new standalone Challenge in the game, to be released along with the rest of our December update content... [text removed for brevity] ...This way, anyone who missed the event, on any of our platforms and for any reason will still get the chance to play ESCAPE THE DARKWALKER, and unlock all the same content that was available during the live event."

So it seems clear to me that this was a special case (away to make it up to Switch players for missing the event), and not an indication that all events were going to be new challenges.  ...Nor do I think this is evidence of what you seem to be claiming.

and they even added a negative to the feat at the same time as the "reward"

:D Is that how you read it?   I don't think this really qualifies as a "negative feat" though (at least not as other folks have describe the idea of "negative feats").  As it's been described a "negative feat" would only have de-buff effects and no advantageous effects at all... The Darkwalker feat does have a buffing effect, balanced with a de-buff as a trade off (so certainly not a "negative feat" in my opinion).

I think it's a perk that simply has a trade off.  The perk is one that is so very specific, that it seems to me more obviously intended to be most advantageous when paired with the "endless night" custom setting.   Considering that, the trade off I think was more than reasonable.  For folks playing an endless night run... there would never be a daytime to be more fatigued during. :D

Look I get that you seem to want your feats to be easier... but I don't.  I like how Hinterland has them setup to be earned.  And as you already know, I think that giving up feat progression in order to customize our run is a fair trade off. 

We don't agree... and that's okay :)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@UpUpAway95

It most emphatically does... one is the standard starting point, and the other is not.  To use your words: "Your spin on it, doesn't change the fact."  :D

I think that's an odd assumption for your to make. :D

I don't think this was indicative of a new direction for Hinterland...  The Darkwalker event being incorporated as a challenge was clearly a special circumstance.  They even stated it outright (here's what Raph posted) :

"I’m sad to announce that after nearly two weeks of working with Nintendo on the release of our ESCAPE THE DARKWALKER event on Switch, I have decided to pull the plug on releasing it... [text removed for brevity] ...I’m very sorry to all our Switch players -- I’m sure this feels really unfair.... [text removed for brevity] ...To try to make it up to you, we’re going to prepare Darkwalker as a new standalone Challenge in the game, to be released along with the rest of our December update content... [text removed for brevity] ...This way, anyone who missed the event, on any of our platforms and for any reason will still get the chance to play ESCAPE THE DARKWALKER, and unlock all the same content that was available during the live event."

So it seems clear to me that this was a special case (away to make it up to Switch players for missing the event), and not an indication that all events were going to be new challenges.  ...Nor do I think this is evidence of what you seem to be claiming.

Look I get that you seem to want your feats to be easier... but I don't.  I like how Hinterland has them setup to be earned.  And as you already know, I think that giving up feat progression in order to customize our run is a fair trade off.

We don't agree... and that's okay :)

I'ts an odd assumption for you to make that I want the "feats to be easier."  They are not hard... they are grindy.  It's your ego that seems to think they are harder to obtain just because you're playing in a standard difficulty mode.  There are people who play this game who don't play the standard difficulty modes because they don't want to for a VARIETY of different reasons.  Some make the game harder by utilizing custom game modes.  Some just make it different.  They are not "cheating" themselves out of any of the game experiences.  Hinterland is cheating them out of being able to get some of the game's features while enjoying the custom settings ability that Hinterland themselves have added to the game; that is, they aren't resorting to mods to alter the game in ways that Hinterland doesn't intend.  I want equal access to all features of the game regardless of a player's preferred play style.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Its an odd assumption for you to make that I want the "feats to be easier." 

Fair enough... I didn't mean to assume. 

17 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

It's your ego that seems to think they are harder to obtain just because you're playing in a standard difficulty mode. 

I don't think it's necessary for you to try to personally insult me :D

I think it's clear there isn't much good we can have if this conversation (between you and I) continues.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

There are people who play this game who don't play the standard difficulty modes because they don't want to for a VARIETY of different reasons.  

There's definitely a variety of reasons why, one of my friend who plays this game unfortunately has to play custom he has a condition and can't react to wolves very well so he plays custom with passive wildlife but he doesn't want the game to be easy so he cranks up the weather and lowers the loot to making it as hard as possible without predators. He wants the feats but they are definitely a grind for him as he always died if attacked by a wolf and he doesn't enjoy the easy gameplay of pilgrim and voyager so even though wolf attacks are relatively rare on pilgrim and voyager he doesn't like how easy those modes are.

• Upvote 1