Animal behavior strange since new update

Timmytwothumbs

Anyone else notice strange animal behavior since the last update? For starters I was attacked by a bear in a fishing hut on mystery lake. Didn't think much of it but then I noticed whenever I'm in a car the bear glitches through the car and growls. It doesn't attack me but I didn't experience this before the update. Also wolves seem to not be phased by fire or baits and I was even killed by Timberwolves while inside of a structure. It was my first run in with Timberwolves so I'm not sure if that's normal. In addition the bears and wolves don't seem to run walk away it's as if some barrier is keeping them within a certain distance of me. I often sit there waiting for them to leave just to see them pacing back and forth in my general area. I don't know if this is all part of the new update but the animal behavior is really strange now in my opinion. This is all while playing stalker I should add 

Edited by Timmytwothumbs
  • Upvote 2

Animals are glitching through structures.  I had a bear walk throuch the fishing hut nearest the cannery workers residences in Bleak Inlet when I was not even in the fishing hut at the time.  In Pilgrim, I had a bear growl at me and charge the fence (causing the fence to rattle loudly) around the radio tower in PV as I appeared from exiting the building itself.  When I approached the fence, the bear should have ran (since I was in PIlgrim mode), but it didn't, so I decided not to press the issue and went back into the building for a bit.

I think Timberwolf behavior varies a lot depending on the pack morale bar.  I'm not really able to predict yet what is "normal" and what are glitches.

Edited by UpUpAway95

Just had another experience on coastal highway. I exited the garage and a wolf started barking at me I couldn't see it at first so I looked around and found it stuck in the side of a hill and couldnt move I walked up to it and it acted like it was gonna charge me but it was stuck then I pointed a gun at it and it got scared off and darted away. A lot of glitches like this with the other wolves and bears too. 

The odd behaviour is very noticeable at the hydro dam, Ill be tending a fire inside the fence and wolves will ignore the fire and try to charge me though the fence, only to run away less than half the distance they used to and come back. Wolves you scare don't go far enough away and keep resetting their aggro. 

• 1 month later...

I can confirm something like this. In one hour of play at Timberwolf Mountain I had a wolf follow me through the door at mountaneers hut, and attack me on the bed by the fire. Later, a bear started running for me and caugth up at the very far end inside forest cave.

It doesn't seem "glitchy" though, as their movement is fluid. It's almost like the invisible barriers that previously prevented animals from entering interiors are gone after last patch.

I once had a glitch with wolf struggle, when I killed the attacking wolf with a bow just before it would tackle me. He dropped dead, but I still got the struggle scene playing out, only there was no wolf. But I got to choose weapon, had to click and the character was yelping and stuff. I got no damage though, not even to clothes. It was kinda funny. 

• 1 month later...

I love the new behavior of all the animals - so immersive interacting with them ❤️ In a few niche cases they can act pretty strange though :D Early  game this can be frustrating as you daren't go near an animal switching between behavior modes rapidly, and this can deny you access to a warm place or a place where you left lots of resources. I've reported such a case when a wolf got stuck on a rock, and bears sliding at 80mph when hit with an arrow in FM. But I just play on, and most of them behave as intended, and if you don't need to hunt them you can just watch, or interact and see how they react. The game is alive! The rabbit licks its paws.

I was doing a challenge recently were I had to stay in Bleak inlet in the exact copy of interloper. I spawned on the lower section so, after 10 days I had gathered and consumed all other food on the island I went to the bear cave on the far side to get the deer carcass. I was planning on doing some parkour on the rocks in the back to get past him then run but, when he got to the mouth of the cave he started turning around rapidly like he wanted to Rome back to his cave but the game wouldn't let him. This was about 2 hours to sundown so he wasn't supposed to arrive quit yet if he was going to hibernate but, I don't think that is caves work. Also since this seems to be where we are reporting bugs of this kind I was replaying the hunted part one to see how much easier crashed plan made things (a lot). Well I got to mystery lake and had to dive inside passenger train car in stead of just running up and fleeing the bear stuck his face through the wall side of the cart. After he eventually left after about an hour the wolf came and did the same thing.