Hey Buddy

Renn

1 minute ago, stay puft said:

well great screen shot :)

but I feared they would add the timber wolf meter into survival and I'm not sure I like it...

They already revealed it in their November Dev Diary. It's only in the new region for now :) 

47 minutes ago, stay puft said:

I know they mentioned timber wolves being added it's just the wolf meter that pops up at the bottom that I don't like and was hoping it would not show up in survival mode...Oh well

Same here... I think it gives it an arcade game feel that's out of place in this otherwise amazing environment.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Personally I see it as similar to the button mashing meter when fighting off regular wolves. Only real difference is the attack is more drawn out, and there is a range, mobility and the clicks have more meaning. That being said, I too think it would be cool to turn it off and have to wonder, "Am close to surviving this? Are they going away?"

• Like 1

One thing that makes them difficult is not being able to utilize fire. 

Obviously having a revolver helps, but in interloper....

I thought maybe the display graphic had something to do with it given regular wolves have no graphic (besides the slo mo struggle as Hilayla pointed out).  I wonder if they could remove the graphic and implement some other indicator by their behavior to show how close you are to breaking the morale.  Probably.  But for now, who knows, I'll give it time and see how I feel.  Maybe it just needs a little time and patience.  We'll see.

You can always choose to go HUDless, and use [Tab] to pull up the HUD when needed. or [F] to check your status screen. 

Though, I am not 100% sure HUDless turns off the morale meter on the HUD or not, haven't tested it yet. 3 spawns into the new region. 1 Pilgrim, 2 Stalker. All dead, very quickly. That cold will kill a Pilgrim, pretty quickly too, if RNJesus hates you like it hates me, and spawns you in with the cruddiest of clothing, and very little clothing to be found near the cannery.  And Yeah, the Timbers do a number on a fresh Stalker with no tools, weapons or means to fight back. Just one Marine Flare and fists, lol.

Heckuva place to spawn in at on Loper, I am sure.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dbmurph22 said:

I can't confirm, but my guess is that you can still only spawn in Hushed/FM/TW/PV/DP as usual.  They can't be that diabolical.

You underestimate them, lol. 

Though, from the region choice menu f(or everyone besides Lopers), the new region does not have the beginner/intermediate/advance rating (yet). So, you may be right. 
But I still would not put it past them, after so many threads from Lopers asking for more challenge in the game. BI would be the place to start a Loper who wanted that, I think. 

1 hour ago, stay puft said:

@ThePancakeLady good tip for PC players to try.

But on PS4 if you play HUDless to get rid of the timber wolf meter you won't be able to see your other stats when you press the contextual HUD button sure you can go to your status screen but it's more "clunky" that way if you know what I mean.

Yeah, true. I was not thinking about how it works with controllers, PS4 or XBox One (or any other), on console or PC. I have honestly only tried HUDless once, on PC. And didn't enjoy it. I like a Contextual HUD.

• Like 1

@ThePancakeLady, @stay puft, @dbmurph22, @MrWolf. @everyonebinthethread.

The devs took your feedback from Crossroads Elegy and added an option to disable them in the menu.

Go to Options/display/Timberwolf Morale Meter/Off

(The devs didnt include it in the patch notes but we can forgive them for that 😋 )

Ill be keeping mine on because it reminds me of a certain dark souls boss's health bar. 

1509151108_1514895085_GreatgreywolfSif.gif.b8f2e9055f40c9a52049a19316dee566.gif

Edited by MarrowStone
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, stay puft said:

Really??? Are you pulling my leg??

If true that's kinda funny..😄 all that worry over a meter that I can simply turn off with the click of a button :)

In hindsight my post does look a bit disingenuous. I assure you it's there, like an inconspicuous little gift at the back of the Christmas tree. Lol. 

• Like 1

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.f11ca0adc131d61e7aba17a0f8e868e2.png

Chuckling a bit that Timber morale is set by default to "High" on all templates, even Pilgrim. You can set the morale down too, if you still want them hostile, but want to be able to break morale more easily on Voyageur/Stalker/Interloper. They flee, like any other animal in Pilgrim, so the Morale setting is a bit silly here, IMHO. Unless it ties into their hunting behavior as well, which is possible. Haven't seen them hunting yet in the b new region. I would love to see a full (Stalker sized) pack go at a bear. Just to see what happens, Just saying...

• Like 1