Steam Awards 2019...

ThePancakeLady

17 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Done deal.  And it occurred to me I haven't played any recently released games at all this year, so this is actually the only category I can vote for.

I have, and am voting for another game for "Outstanding Story Rich Game", since they require the game to have been released in 2019 for all categories except the "Labor Of Love" Award. I would really rather vote for TLD- Wintermute: Crossroads Elegy, but it isn't an option.  😢

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Done deal.  And it occurred to me I haven't played any recently released games at all this year, so this is actually the only category I can vote for.

Me either. I have some I'm eligible to vote for. Bought two new games this week but I keep playing TLD instead of the new ones. :D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hilayla said:
25 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Me either. I have some I'm eligible to vote for. Bought two new games this week but I keep playing TLD instead of the new ones. :D

You can vote for any game released in 2019 for any of the other categories, whether you own them or not, whether you have played them or not. 
I just don't feel right about voting for games I own and have never played, or don't own at all, based only on media and fan hype, Let's Plays, and reviews.

I think in the past there was just so much voting for random games that had huge hype going on at the time of the nomination voting, and then in December, when the final voting took place, mainly because Steam gave Level-up XP or Trading Cards for the sale badge(s)... TLD got screwed by big AAA titles that had huge PR going for the Awards. 

I really want to see Hinterland get this, I really feel they have worked hard to earn it, and that they do deserve it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 6:15 AM, ThePancakeLady said:

If you love this game, even half as much as I do, and love this studio even a quarter as much as I do...

And you use Steam (whether you own the game on Steam or not...):

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.7ed0d918a15591a067a595134230ab06.png

Just a not-so-casual suggestion. 🥰

You beat me to it, I came here for this purpose! Got my vote.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Noble Rotter said:

You all do realize that voting for The Long Dark is a wasted vote because the game is uneligible for this years awards.  It was released in 2017.

Definitely not a waste of time! The category 'Labor of love' is explicitly for games that may have been released in earlier years, but which the Devs have continued to update and support. It says this on the award blurb, and also Steam has a filter in place when you vote, so that any ineligible games actually can't be voted for. Great category in my opinion.

• Like 1