Dev Diary - June 2019

Admin

On 7/20/2019 at 8:35 PM, Alone said:

Can´t wait for the next region (._.

Edit: oh and candles.

I think it will be soon.I remember them talking. That through one update there will be an update with the new region.I hope there will be a mining town. If Yes then I think it's full of mines. And that means coal. And I hope those mines aren't buried.

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2019 at 1:37 AM, FrozenCorpse said:

Jeremiah characterizes it as "a sh*t-nothing town, a few hours North", so I won't expect much more than Milton, but who's to say what the actuality will be?...  There's some images out there with a lot of cars, so that seems to indicate a larger population than we've been seeing ..perhaps...

Jeremiah also states that Will diverting to Signal Hill from Carter Dam won't put him much out of his way for getting to Perseverence / Perseverance (sp?) Mills as he just has to follow the road north from the signal station ... problem is, the "actual" north road goes past Three Strikes and not through The Long Curve, though the Three Strikes road (currently) is blocked by the map edge mountains and turns into a forked trail that turns both ways along the inside of the mountains.  So I'm guessing that The Long Curve road is the one he actually means - perhaps it's a way of getting McKenzie to pass quickly through PV without exploring it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 1:38 PM, IlyaZ said:

Извините за мой вопрос, но выйдет ли в этом году Добыча часть 3? Если выйдет то когда? 

Мы не объявили никаких дат для Эпизода 3. В настоящее время он находится в разработке.

• Upvote 1

On 9/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, Hotzn said:

Is it just my impression, or has it become somewhat quiet on the forums? May we expect another dev update anytime soon? Any rumours? Anything?

Yeah here it follows:

Dev Diary - September

We are developing episode 3, it goes amazing, but we still can't give a deadline. It's still far from being released.

The end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Le Petit Prince said:

Yeah here it follows:

Dev Diary - September

We are developing episode 3, it goes amazing, but we still can't give a deadline. It's still far from being released.

The end.

Actually, the longer it stays quiet the more hyped I get, because I figure it means a big announcement is coming soon that they are "saving up" for, so to speak. I mean ... it's almost a certainty at this point ^^

Edited by Sceh

I like all of the concepts introduced in steadfast ranger but one item definitely needs some tuning. The revolver and ammo are both to power full. Between making wolves no threat until you run out of ammo combined with the fact that the ammunition is every where, plus having them both be incredibly light there is no room for competition on what is the best weapon. Just fix it pleas i used to really like stalker difficulty because I liked to chill and go to triple digits while also doing interloper when i felt like do a constant struggle, But now stalker is to easy even without using the revolver and just letting it sit there the ammo is littered every where it just looks awful.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:12 PM, Sceh said:

Actually, the longer it stays quiet the more hyped I get, because I figure it means a big announcement is coming soon that they are "saving up" for, so to speak. I mean ... it's almost a certainty at this point ^^

For me it's been 2 years since i've finished story mode. Since then, i am waiting for a single next episode. And i believe i got hyped enough.

• Upvote 1

@Le Petit Prince

...I know I've mentioned this before in several other threads but it feels like it needs to be said again:

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:51 AM, ManicManiac said:

We already know the team is focusing their efforts on the next episode... [text removed for brevity] ...I would again urge patience.  I'm sure the team will be eager to share news when they have something more to share with us.  Let's give them room to work and show them a little faith.  We know they are working on it... and we know they do great work.  That's why we are all here.

Hang in there survivors, it's going to be okay... :) 

15 hours ago, Dum_Gen said:

I totally disagree.

The devs faced a lot of critisism for missed deadlines (I was one of the critics). But instead of doing what they should have done - giving realistic deadlines and sticking to them, they somehow decided to not giving deadlines at all.

Faith should be earned, especially if a good part of it was lost. But I don't see that something is done in this direction.

Right now my Patreon lewd-games authors are better investment than Hinterland, they deliver more content. And those Patreon authors are oftenly blamed for milking their patrons by postponing releases

Then go hang out with your patreon investment... no one is forcing you to be here.  :D 

I should take this apart point by point... but you're so off base I'm not even going to.  Just because you lost faith or don't like their choices doesn't mean your qualified to try and speak for the rest of us... so please don't.

The team explains their position and descriptions very frequently.  You seem to be one of those folks who thinks they work for you... and need to meet your expectations.  They don't.  Frankly your opinion on this is meaningless to me. 

You and I are done with this conversation here. 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1