What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

Ryan CM

• 2 weeks later...

It never gets old

Ive been playing/watching this game since it released on early access and its pretty much grown up alongside me! The game never gets old, the locations feel like a second home now...

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

the pury loneliness,can feel the will to live ,by the way can the fatigue become a ability to practice? i know we can use the coffee or other food but its still reduces so quickly which  i almost just eat the coffee and Rose hip pie while i moving

3 hours ago, gispyer said:

the pury loneliness,can feel the will to live ,by the way can the fatigue become a ability to practice? i know we can use the coffee or other food but its still reduces so quickly which  i almost just eat the coffee and Rose hip pie while i moving

if you do a custom run ,you can change the fatigue settings.  I do but to be honest it doesn't make a massive difference.

• 2 weeks later...

The immersion.

I focused on this game between mid-March and end of May, except for a few Red Dead Online events, and I think I even crossed the tiny border between immersion and (not on purpose) obsession. After finishing the Platinum one week ago, I still catch myself thinking about the 500 days run, how many cloth I need for the mending skill, the challenges to complete, while it's all done.

I also still can hear the blizzard when I'm sleeping - although I live in Tahiti where a snow wind is not really frequent, to say the least.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's the hunting.  For years I didn't know what my grandfather got out of it, now I see it.  It feels like the trip I never got to take with him.  Also I love the outdoors, this is the perfect escape for me.

Edited by rush247
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

That particular sense of dread when it's blizzarding or foggy out, and you can't see 10m ahead and you hear 'that sound':

Spoiler

"ARWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuu..."

And then you see 6 timberwoofs barreling towards you. :wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf::wolf:Sublime!

• Upvote 1

Giving myself small missions to complete once I have established couple of outposts.

Or, just going on a hike in game because I have enough of everything and soak in the atmosphere.

I mostly play Voyageur/pilgrim like difficulty custom games with interloper weather.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...