What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

Ryan CM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna have to agree with a lot of peeps here.  The atmosphere.  The ambiance.  Non-traditional graphics. The intricacies of having to plan your journey.  The sheer exhilaration of putting hundreds and hundreds of hours into something and finding out something new (ie. Today I Learned).  

• 3 weeks later...

I really appreciate how the game "borrows" from reality. I get a kick out of doing things in this game that I have done in my life. 

I truely hope that this game inspires people to get off the couch and see nature. To live it, even if just a brief moment. Go camping or hiking. Something, just get out there.

That, and the importance of having some food stocked up in your house.... 🙂

• Like 2

I really like the unpredictably of the game.

I also really enjoy that theirs like a domino effect to the game, Didn’t pick up that Coal in that Cave in a Hushed River Valley Cave, and now a Deadly Blizzard is Forming? Well Your Dead (Maybe). Or another example of this. You were to lazy to find that arrow the Deer had in its Ass and ran off with, and now a Wolf is Charging you? Dead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

On 1/28/2015 at 11:18 PM, elloco999 said:

the charisma, and no zombies :)

Yeah a Zombie game can be really good actually if done right, Many Games biggest Problem is that Zombies dont feel like a real threat it is moıstly either other players or some human villian I am not saying dont add these but wouldnt it be interesting if a zombie game actually had zombies be you know a real threat?

• Upvote 1

It would be pretty neat to compete for food or shelter. Should you use a rifle for an easy kill and risk attracting a horde or go for sam fisher stealth with bow and arrow?

Entering that dark hydro dam for warm shelter, but could there be a zombie infested room upstairs after you heard shelves creaking?

If done right, this could be great!

• Upvote 1