What is the 1 thing you enjoy most about The Long Dark?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the charisma, and no zombies

Atmosphere.

The Old Bear!

Posted Images

I can't do it in five words so here we go lol. .. I love the solitude that you get and how everything is randomized for the most part in every playthrough. Plus the atmosphere is truly breathtaking at times, especially with the aurora, they really hit it out of the park with that. ^_^ 

• Upvote 4
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The atmosphere -  everything from the breathtaking visuals to the little details like the notes left behind in Survival Mode. It manages to be beautiful, terrifying, sad, and exciting all at once.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 2:11 AM, Old_Bill said:

" Most of my deaths were due to mistakes and most of them laughable."
That's true. Once I almost died. But I managed to make a campfire and wanted to spread my sleeping bag. Then I ran into my own fire and burned, too weak to continue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m surprised by the comedy. As in: a nearby moose groans and charges me. I spin just in time to spot him and scramble to draw my pistol, hoping to scare it off. I’m all thumbs (playing on Switch, brand new to the game) but I manage to draw my pistol, aim right between his charging antlers and...click...click...click-click-click!

well s#/+ 😳

Edited by mattp1540
  • Upvote 1

Matt, the pistol, it does nothing to the moose. I unloaded six rounds into it my current game, 3 of em while it was charging, into its face, and it trampled me into tiffburgers 3 times in a row. Yes, I kept getting up and rage shooting it, and getting trampled again, until my revolver was empty. Somehow I lived....that’s another thing I truly love bout this game...that you can recover from 3 sets of broken ribs if fortune favors you and you play smart.

• 3 weeks later...