Human bodies

kometax

24 minutes ago, kometax said:

I would really appreciate If devs add option to take care of human corpses. By "take care" I mean drag them out of building, stripping their clothes and chop them into pieces to make baits.

Arh you sick or a crazy coward killer?

I don't understand your point. I don't want you eat it but make use of it instead of just lying around. Give them proper burial would cost too much effort (dig in frozen soil or chop down trees to make fire hot and big enough to burn human corpse).

1 hour ago, kometax said:

"take care"

I would suggest "take care" just means to get rid of it. I don't mind a dead body here and there outside but if i make the camp office my permanent base i want to clean it up. That is kind of the same suggestion as the "cleaning up" suggestion. I want to make the places look nice and to be able to clean it up.

Not a first time this was suggested.

But yea, especially now with what just happened in Vegas, that sounds incredibly distasteful. Also, because of this 'use them for baits" when talking about human bodies would instantly shot up the game´s ESRB ratings to 21+, instead of the current 12-16 years of age.

Next time before you suggest something so stupid think twice about what the real consequences would be.

The idea to remove corpses out of houses was suggested many times before. But it's a tiny change in comparison to some other stuff so I doubt it will make it into the game, at least not anytime soon. Its purpose is purely cosmetical.

3 hours ago, kometax said:

I would really appreciate If devs add option to take care of human corpses. By "take care" I mean drag them out of building, stripping their clothes and chop them into pieces to make baits.

Hey @kometax - I don't know of any plans for dealing with corpses in this manner. Certainly I can't see us ever implementing a mechanic to desecrate bodies in the way you are suggesting. 

And as a reminder to others in this thread - instead of commenting on something as "crazy" or "stupid", just stay away from the thread. As always if something is objectionable, please just report it so we can look into it. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Carlson said:

@kometax

And as a reminder to others in this thread - instead of commenting on something as "crazy" or "stupid", just stay away from the thread. As always if something is objectionable, please just report it so we can look into it. Thank you. 

Yeah, this is a wish list where you are allowed to make wishes you would like to see in the game. Not very respectful to come and comment something like "this is sick and stupid and also already asked." If sonebomebody has just signed  in to these forums, how could they know if their question has been asked before. Like c'moon let everybody have their wishes. No offence.

And  I dunno how to remove that red name tag up there, so don't get confused with that.

While I'm not of the same mind as the OP as far a 'Using" human bodies, I would like the option to remove corpses from inside buildings and perhaps from areas near buildings.  Perhaps the player could have the option to cover the body with a cairn of stones or at least a pile of snow and ice.

I ask because poor "Bernard" expired on the Camp Office stairs landing and I pass by his earthly remains on my way to sleep each night...

Not quite haunting my dreams like Skyrim's spiders but I would like to get his body out of my living quarters

https://youtu.be/aZNbUITN-mA?t=4m42s
That is an huge example of the loss of humanity in a survival situation. The idea to properly dispose of corpses by burying them in the snow, even if there is nothing to gain doing that... That would help giving the atmosphere, with moral choices (just like snapping the rabbit's neck).
Going back to a previous suggestion to add mental sanity management to the game...

4 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Not a first time this was suggested.

But yea, especially now with what just happened in Vegas, that sounds incredibly distasteful. Also, because of this 'use them for baits" when talking about human bodies would instantly shot up the game´s ESRB ratings to 21+, instead of the current 12-16 years of age.

Next time before you suggest something so stupid think twice about what the real consequences would be.

Although i like the idea itself for it`s realness and wouldn`t call it stupid or distasteful I kind of have to agree with Mroz4k.

Todays people are wimps and would simply hate the game for this one reason: Being able to "dismember" and "mutilate" dead human bodies.

It`s considered reprehensible (undoubtedly for good reasons of course) to use human bodies as a natural source of flesh and guts although it would fit the concept of mercyless survival pretty well in my humble opinion.

Thus developers will make the best choice to leave dead human bodies untouchable in order to avoid a shitstorm and increase the chance of survival for their game and developement studio...

At least you can use dead bodies as a 10kg capacity meat store ^^

The thing is, the bodies have been exposed to the elements for a while, it seems - so you would not be able to tear down their clothes anyways, and if you did warm them up and tried to pull it down, you would likely destroy them.

As far as cutting into a human body, it wouldn't be advisable, due to the fact that as a human, digging through a human, you would be exposed to any sort of sickness that person had. Because most sicknesses are not transmissible in between the species, or are but at a very low chance. But as the same species, you would be exposed to everything. There is a reason why most species are not cannibalistic.

Obviously it would be despicable to cut humans apart, but furthermore, not wise at all. Best to just cremate the bodies to be safe.

I am not sorry for calling this distasteful and stupid. If I came across as being personally offensive to OP, I am sorry for that - my aim was to provide constructive criticism. Also, I don't see a reason to report it because it was meant as a fair suggestion, not some sick joke. But as a bad suggestion, I am inclined to say so in my opinion. Everyone who thinks for a bit more about this can see how this would not be appropriate for most players, thus would require changes in ESRB ratings. Then, there is the game balance issue of it, being relatively easy to find source of certain items. And finally, if someone does a bit of research around, it's not that difficult to find evidence that Devs said they will never add cannibalism into the game, its not that difficult to imagine desecrating of bodies would be on the same level.

I'm okay with them dissapearing after you've looted them. But having the ability to store things on them should be removed if that were to be added. Since your stuff would be dissapearing with it. 

But stripping their clothes and chopping them up as bait is just ridiculous for this game.

Mroz4k you write about pathogens but forgot about what should happen to corpse when it is in building we choose as our base. Low temperatures slow down decay process but as soon as we rise temp in building the body should start to rot. Keeping body in like this is not good for health both mental and physical. 

I admit; my idea is bit extreme, but it would be nice to have option to dispose of corpse after looting. It could be done offscreen like any other action in game.

I like idea of mental health system.

And I'm not feeling offended ;)

51 minutes ago, kometax said:

And I'm not feeling offended ;)

Glad to hear it, didn't mean it that way :D

And I actually agree with you, I would like to see that option in the game eventually. But we have to look at it from the realistic perspective - what should the devs commit time to? Something that will change the game around, make it more entertaining, or a change that is purely cosmetical?

I actually had a similar suggestion somewhere, but mine was not limited to the bodies specifically. My idea included "cleaning up" certain locations, to turn all that smashed and turned over furniture into a clean, orderly home. This had several advantages in the game - for starters, all the "opened cupboards" would be put back together, and would become usable. It would look more orderly, and if you missed something during your looting, it would be found this way (as you performed thoroughful clean-up) - Additionally, all the human corpses in the inside areas would be switched over for 10 kg backpacks in the same spot. 

This would please people, I think, as well as give players something new to do, and additionally, it could be used to find some rare stuff otherwise missed - like bullets, firestarters, matches, etc.

On 03/10/2017 at 5:24 AM, Mixxut said:

And  I dunno how to remove that red name tag up there, so don't get confused with that.

Position the cursor at a relevant spot inside the quote, then make use of text highlighting, delete and backspace keys as necessary.. just like I did to remove the unrelated part of your post. Or, instead of using the "Quote" button, just highligh the part you want to respond to. A little tag labelled "Quote this" will pop up. Click on it, and you're good to go.

Archived