Make Broken Railroad less empty

Pyroxene

Hello,

Just finished playing Pilgrim Survival in Broken Railroad. I think Broken Railroad is very empty. There's not a single fishing hut there. Also, not many buildings. I add this to my Wishlist: make Broken Railroad less empty.

• Upvote 1

Not every location is meant to have every feature.  Places with forges (for example) have other things "missing" (in my opinion) in order to maintain a balance... so no one location is objectively better than all the others.  ...what I mean to say, is that every place has its drawbacks.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, purplebluegreen said:

I'd like a cave to be added to the region near the entrance or something.The right part of the map quite empty.

I agree, I asked for one several years ago I think...   I got caught in a sudden blizzard and the wind kept moving. .. 

• Upvote 3

I think BR is such a small region that it would be very difficult too squeeze anything else in there without it feeling cramped. I don't really like it because it feels too cluttered for my tastes as it is...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

BR has a decent amount of structures for it's size. It's such a small region that you could consider it a transition between lower Great Bear and The Far Territory. 

A fishing hut wouldn't make a whole lot of sense in that area, but I do wish you could fish in that pond outside the maintenance shed. Seems to be about the same size as Unnamed Pond in ML. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pencil said:

A fishing hut wouldn't make a whole lot of sense in that area, but I do wish you could fish in that pond outside the maintenance shed. Seems to be about the same size as Unnamed Pond in ML. 

You can make manual fishing holes in the large pond below the Maintenance Shed, but it seems a bit finicky at times, and the bear and wolves that roam that pond can make it risky in any mode other than Pilgrim. The pond at the Hunting Lodge is just too small and too shallow for fishing. It seems like it is just a scenic thing, for hunters relaxing at the picnic table  in front of the lodge, after a day of canned hunts. Or a shallow watering hole meant to draw wildlife in to make shooting at them easier for the hunters who were there for easy trophies.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

You can make manual fishing holes in the large pond below the Maintenance Shed, but it seems a bit finicky at times, and the bear and wolves that roam that pond can make it risky in any mode other than Pilgrim. The pond at the Hunting Lodge is just too small and too shallow for fishing. It seems like it is just a scenic thing, for hunters relaxing at the picnic table  in front of the lodge, after a day of canned hunts. Or a shallow watering hole meant to draw wildlife in to make shooting at them easier for the hunters who were there for easy trophies.

Huh, I tried and I couldn't find the spot. Must be a small area that is suitable. I'll have to try again. If you can fish there then I think BR is perfect lol

53 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Huh, I tried and I couldn't find the spot. Must be a small area that is suitable. I'll have to try again. If you can fish there then I think BR is perfect lol

Don't try on white ice or near snow-covered ice- try on blue ice, the deeper blue, the better. And, like I said- it can be very finicky, so it's never something I count on. And on Stalker- I am not risking the bear and the wolves there to sit out on the ice to fish- tip-up only if I can get it to take. *If*.

7 hours ago, ThePancakeLady said:

Don't try on white ice or near snow-covered ice- try on blue ice, the deeper blue, the better. And, like I said- it can be very finicky, so it's never something I count on. And on Stalker- I am not risking the bear and the wolves there to sit out on the ice to fish- tip-up only if I can get it to take. *If*.

Just went in and tested this again (though not in BR)- and my apologies- light blue ice seems to be better, thicker ice (whitish) seems good too. I could not get a green fishing hole in darker blue ice at all. So forget what I said there, and apologies again. Look for thicker ice, not thinner ice.

12 minutes ago, Cr41g said:

not gonna lie....I may be the only one that loves Broken Railroad...

I do too,so you're not alone lol... Just a cave at the fm  end would be nice too....  Admittedly when I asked for one last time it wasn't received very well then either😁

Edited by Leeanda

2 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

One of my favorite regions.

It has some of everything a forge,  all animals except Timberwolves, several firearm locations, and some really visually pleasing places.

ALSO ITS NOT GARGANTUAN LIKE PLEASENT VALLEY.

14 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I do too,so you're not alone lol... Just a cave at the fm  end would be nice too....  Admittedly when I asked for one last time it wasn't received very well then either😁

It's not too far to go to the cave up on Marsh Ridge assuming you've tossed down the rope. You can also goat up to the right from the rail tunnel in FM and make it to the open cave near the broken transmitter too. But yeah, when I'm shuttling stuff from BR I usually make a snow cave at the FM end. The weather almost never holds long enough on interloper. Using the shortcut across the landslide in BR does make it a little faster. Now if only there was a shortcut to TFT from BR instead of the Ironmanesque trek....

7 hours ago, Laxgoalie said:

. Now if only there was a shortcut to TFT from BR instead of the Ironmanesque trek....

I originally thought it was a huge trek as well but it is called THE FAR territory and not the NEAR territory...

I love BR for the wealth of carcasses and resources... and both structures have plenty to break down.

• Upvote 3

On 6/11/2024 at 2:26 PM, purplebluegreen said:

I'd like a cave to be added to the region near the entrance or something.The right part of the map quite empty.

You can make a snowshelter - i tried that in my last run but i still died but i was very close to live :D