Starting to feel that itch...

It does seem a bit quiet of late,a dev diary would be nice...  I'm sure they'll give us something when they can though..

Looking forward to the customisation though😊 

Don't you lose track of what you were doing ? The longest I've gone without playing a run is two days lol..

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Don't you lose track of what you were doing ?

Not really.  I've done pretty much everything on my longest run.  I only have a couple others and I can quickly catch up by peeking at my maps and inventory.

5 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Not really.  I've done pretty much everything on my longest run.  I only have a couple others and I can quickly catch up by peeking at my maps and inventory.

You've got a better memory than me,even with the maps. I can forget what I'm doing overnight😁

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Not since you've started playing in the first place, or...?

I agree that it's felt pretty quiet around here lately...

Since I first started playing ever ,yes...  I've only missed days when I've been too ill to play....  Probably why I've racked up so many hours😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 9:15 AM, hozz1235 said:

Feeling/hoping we will get something soon!  A dev diary, or better yet, the next update!!!  I haven't been playing TLD for the past month or so and I'm ready to get back into it!

Same here. I’ve tried to play a couple times but I’m at a standstill and don’t have anything left to do at the moment. 
So the game is sitting for now…

• Upvote 3

I've lost interest in TLD. Surprising, since i played almost every day for years and racked up over 4000 hours. FA was an interesting new region but the mine was not and I couldn't bother with continuing the tales. I hope the next region is better and that they add Perseverance Mills from EP5 whenever it is done. Meantime i do jigsaw puzzles.

• Upvote 2

I always enjoy reading about updates. I follow updates here, with xenonauts, and with project zomboid. I haven't spent much time with any of the games since I am waiting for them to be finished first.

On 3/20/2024 at 5:01 PM, Leeanda said:

Since I first started playing ever ,yes...  I've only missed days when I've been too ill to play....  Probably why I've racked up so many hours😁

giphy-3364361601.gif.8482e98e740b54b43e2cb203efda84c4.gif

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 9:15 AM, hozz1235 said:

Feeling/hoping we will get something soon!  A dev diary, or better yet, the next update!!!  I haven't been playing TLD for the past month or so and I'm ready to get back into it!

image.gif.502a8be6f906b5661d6b098b47b8e0e5.gif

image.gif.8a9432d2cf4b7352be79f1f2818157e3.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda hoping for safehouse customization

It feels like this feature will be the one with the biggest timesink, sincy you could make every base location in the game cozy with whatever they end up adding.
And honestly I've always wanted my bases to look nicer. Right now i dump things on the ground in piles, because it's easy effective and convenient, but ugly

I also hope there is some practical application to safehouse customization as well, not just decorations.

Maybe a drying rack to guts or hides to cure faster, maybe crafting rugs to warm things up, maybe some containers for the mountaineer's hut, stuff like that.

56 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Yeah it's also an addition I'm very much looking forward to. 

I'm... curious... about the photography thing, mostly because I personally don't find it that interesting, but wonder if there's an angle I'm missing (no pun intended) which could still make it fun to explore.

I really like the concept of a photo mode for this game.

Yeah, you can always just disable the HUD and take a screenshot, but having the process be in-game would be awesome.
It gives you a reason to stop for a bit once a while and.. look around. Remember how beautiful everything is.

And of course, you'd have a growing physical collection of beautiful/interesting/terrifying places or moments that accumulate as you survive longer and longer. 
Which is just an incredibly awesome and immersive way to document your journey through survival mode. I really want to get my hands on it.

I also hope the camera is not too hard to find, so we can use it early, and often.

. . . 

This reminds me heavily of Firewatch.

It's also a game about a guy in the woods, and you get a camera you can use to snap pictures of the world around you as you progress through the game. But it always bothered me that you only get 18 uses throughout the 4 hour game.

The Long Dark is immense in size, so i really hope we get lots of supplies for the camera scattered throughout the island. 
Or at least the trader is willing to give us some.

Let's say that each region has 5 interesting spots. There are currently 15 regions, 16 with Mountain Pass

That's at least 75-80 photos, and that's a super conservative estimate just for the maps.
There's also transition zones, mines, cool events (auroras, sunsets, hunts, climbs, tales...)

4 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Yeah it's also an addition I'm very much looking forward to. 

I'm... curious... about the photography thing, mostly because I personally don't find it that interesting, but wonder if there's an angle I'm missing (no pun intended) which could still make it fun to explore.

My guess with the photomode, me can hang pictures on the wall maybe with picture frame, it's come also with the base customization, but we will see....

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

My guess with the photomode, me can hang pictures on the wall maybe with picture frame, it's come also with the base customization, but we will see....

That's what I'm hoping for to.. it'd be cool to hang our own pictures up in our bases.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2