Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Morning at the Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad

screen_b39e8d95-bb58-4bdf-83dd-5a27b05572c8_hi.thumb.png.8f7707d6f67cfc9ada0c17986c6c9a72.png

It's nice coming down the stairs early in the morning and seeing and feeling the warmth radiate from the fireplace and stove

screen_d2a48c4c-d91a-4b4e-b4a1-b95a5c373794_hi.thumb.png.75693dc7c0c74ff687e64e3e1ef88272.png

The glow from the stove emits a warm reddish hue on the worn floor boards

screen_53cf5da0-de8d-49a1-8726-9df12bc9258d_hi.thumb.png.5c92560b55dcff2a480d8662fe391232.png

The smell of fresh hot tea and hot peaches permeates the lodge and along with the freshly cooked thick slabs of venison adorning the plates on my busy breakfast table.

screen_8fa13958-06a6-48fe-ad34-66667ab0cdf0_hi.thumb.png.ac2ac602c9d65e0d90c95880fb63ea28.png

I step back as I pull a torch from the fire,  realizing full on that I'll be spending another day snuggled before the fire. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, dahemac said:

I have never encountered Mukluks. 😢

They are exceedingly rare for sure. My first time I ever found them was one of my first runs 4 years ago when the game was still in early access on Steam and I have never found them again until just recently.

Here's a few places that the mukluks have a good chance of spawning:

1. Safe in Carter Hydro Dam.

2. Safe in Trappers Homestead

3. Safe under the crawlspace at the Old Spence Homestead in Forlorn Muskeg

4. Safe in Hibernia Processing Plant in Desolation Point.

5. Safe in the credit union in Mountain Town.

I either have had absurd luck in finding them because I have found them in a couple of playthroughs in a row. Or they gave the mukluks a higher spawn chance than before

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, PrincessAutumn said:

They are exceedingly rare for sure. My first time I ever found them was one of my first runs 4 years ago when the game was still in early access on Steam and I have never found them again until just recently.

Here's a few places that the mukluks have a good chance of spawning:

1. Safe in Carter Hydro Dam.

2. Safe in Trappers Homestead

3. Safe under the crawlspace at the Old Spence Homestead in Forlorn Muskeg

4. Safe in Hibernia Processing Plant in Desolation Point.

5. Safe in the credit union in Mountain Town.

I either have had absurd luck in finding them because I have found them in a couple of playthroughs in a row. Or they gave the mukluks a higher spawn chance than before

I am fairly sure I have have checked all those locations. I don’t think any spawns are guaranteed. I was just not lucky I guess.

34 minutes ago, PrincessAutumn said:

Oh I'm not saying they are guaranteed to be found there, they just have a higher spawn chance than any other container IMO :)

I’ve found them on top of twm in a cargo container too, and once on a random corpse in a cave, forgot where.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Morning in the ole mansion up in Mountain Town

screen_4ee63a0f-ad15-49d9-b135-18b342db3534_hi.thumb.png.802699de38099eb4204695f2816426a1.png

I slowly stoke the fire back to life and soon am rewarded with a nice cracklin blaze
bring the warmth back into my hands and fingers.  I re-heat a cup coffee as I prepare my 
to break my fast with some freshly cooked venison steaks.   

screen_af95d5eb-4dc1-4170-8083-fe763329ae0e_hi.thumb.png.aa7b7b176fcfd8167b01db4d12a351dd.png

As I listening to the increasing frenzy of the blowing wind whistling thru the old house,
I'm thankful the old owner never threw away all those old Encyclopedia Britanica's...

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

screen_af95d5eb-4dc1-4170-8083-fe763329ae0e_hi.thumb.png.aa7b7b176fcfd8167b01db4d12a351dd.png

As I listening to the increasing frenzy of the blowing wind whistling thru the old house,
I'm thankful the old owner never threw away all those old Encyclopedia Britanica's...

Looks nice.  I wonder if anyone has done a library challenge.  No crazy aurora computer files.  Just gathering every book on the island in one place.  And of course, plenty of coffee and tea.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

Looks nice.  I wonder if anyone has done a library challenge.  No crazy aurora computer files.  Just gathering every book on the island in one place.  And of course, plenty of coffee and tea.

That actually sounds like it could be an entertaining quest.  Just curious, but where would you suggest the Library be located?  I'm think we need some some space?  
I suppose the quonset hut on CH would be ideal.  Lots of counter space  to accommodate all those texts in addition to have a special section just for skill books.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

That actually sounds like it could be an entertaining quest.  Just curious, but where would you suggest the Library be located? 

Hmmmm.   Well, since books can't be stacked in the usual way on shelves, flat space is the key.   Quonset yeah, Milton House has lots, PV Farmhouse (has the basement),  PV Town Hall maybe.   It's probably going to be a ton of books, so I'd be surprised if they all fit in one room.  

Edited by Screenshot Pilgrim
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1