What would you like to see in the merchandise store?

Leeanda

29 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

The barn would be a nice one to have..the red would really give it that Christmas feel.. but yes there's so many places that people love to stay at.. I agree about the Quonset though,maybe a fishing hut or  one of the islands?

For a picturesque scene in Coast Highway, they could perhaps use the lookout tower since Mystery Lake already sports both the Camp Office and Trapper's Cabin.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

For a picturesque scene in Coast Highway, they could perhaps use the lookout tower since Mystery Lake already sports both the Camp Office and Trapper's Cabin.

That'd be neat too..  I'm just throwing out whatever came to mind.. but there's so many beautiful places in great bear it could take a while😊

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, practical items that are not branded. I love my Jackrabbit Transport zippered sweatshirt, and matching coffee mug. Don't get me wrong. But those don't have any special value to anyone that doesn't already love the game.

I'd like to see some real gear in the store. Serious equipment. Firestarters, snowshoes, pocket chainsaw, portable wood stove, dehydrated trail rations, etc. Real stuff for real adventures.

I admit that would kind of conflict with the "wolves don't eat people don't do this game in real life or you gonna die" disclaimer, but still. I loved the idea of that hatchet in particular. (If I didn't already have an heirloom hand axe I was attached to I'd have bought that myself.)

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Honestly, practical items that are not branded. I love my Jackrabbit Transport zippered sweatshirt, and matching coffee mug. Don't get me wrong. But those don't have any special value to anyone that doesn't already love the game.

I'd like to see some real gear in the store. Serious equipment. Firestarters, snowshoes, pocket chainsaw, portable wood stove, dehydrated trail rations, etc. Real stuff for real adventures.

I admit that would kind of conflict with the "wolves don't eat people don't do this game in real life or you gonna die" disclaimer, but still. I loved the idea of that hatchet in particular. (If I didn't already have an heirloom hand axe I was attached to I'd have bought that myself.)

I think items do need to be branded in some way.  There are already a lot of great camping and survival equipment stores in Canada for those sorts of things; and I don't think HL necessarily wants to try to compete with them.  Branding, however, can be done in subtle and tasteful ways.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UpUpAway95 said:

Branding, however, can be done in subtle and tasteful ways.

Yeah I'd buy that. I'm just saying not everyone is gonna be on board with buying a tent that has "THE LONG DARK" emblazoned on it. I love the game, but realistically it is still exceptionally fringe. 99% of anyone you talk to in public won't have any clue what you're talking about, and that's just the reality. Imagine if you were out camping and some guy's tent said "Blue Hash Flag" and you're like...what? Blue hash flag? Suuuure...ok you do you buddy.

Ultimately there's nothing inherently wrong with a tent that says Blue Hash Flag on it, but honestly you'd get more sales if it didn't say Blue Hash Flag. And the same is true of "The Long Dark."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, xanna said:

Maybe the spelunkers lantern

Oh, in line with my "real gear" suggestion, a lantern that actually has a built-in ignitor. I've seen all kinds of lanterns, kerosene, white fuel, dual fuel, mantle-based, wick-based, blah blah on and on but nothing ever quite matches the Storm Lantern from the game. A liquid-fuel wick-based lantern with a mechanical ignor, simply does not exist on the open market today. Seriously. Try to find one. I'll gladly concede the point if someone else can find one.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, xanna said:

Maybe the spelunkers lantern, but LED and USB chargable so it can be a bedside light or desk lamp

I’ve been thinking of a flashlight only working during aurorae…, the extra heavy version of course…, but realized it might be a very niche item… ;)

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Oh, in line with my "real gear" suggestion, a lantern that actually has a built-in ignitor. I've seen all kinds of lanterns, kerosene, white fuel, dual fuel, mantle-based, wick-based, blah blah on and on but nothing ever quite matches the Storm Lantern from the game. A liquid-fuel wick-based lantern with a mechanical ignor, simply does not exist on the open market today. Seriously. Try to find one. I'll gladly concede the point if someone else can find one.

You're right. There are some beautiful traditional storm lanterns around, but I've never seen one with a built-in ignition. Even Coleman don't make their add-on spark ingniter any more.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, xanna said:

Even Coleman don't make their add-on spark ingniter any more.

Well to be fair Coleman doesn't even make Coleman lanterns anymore. I bought one that doubles as a stove and factory-fresh the whole damn thing was lopsided. I straightened it myself since I know a bit and have some tools but still, that's not cool shipping lanterns that rest at an angle!

6 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Perhaps a multi-tool key fob with the TLD axe or wolf on it.

TLD-themed swiss army knife ...?
or can opener...?:D

but seriously: I'd buy the maple-leaf-hat Wool Toque in an instant. with a matching scarf.
(I keep collecting and repairing them in the game, despite using the bunny hat with balaclava.)

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 2

Ummm, for items not to be sold out in 45 mins lol.

No but seriously, i think they have a good selection of things that are popular, however the mention of cool snow globes and or the rugs.

Cloth maps in the art style from the game would be cool 👍

Edited by icedambitions
  • Upvote 2