What would you like to see in the merchandise store?

Leeanda

Seeing as how popular the mugs are and how quickly they sold out I'm gathering that's number one on the wish list.. 

But what else would you like to see.

I'd love snow globes ,with places like trappers, the birch forest and the desolation lighthouse or church.

Rugs from in game.

Posters.

Anything with wolves on it.

This isn't in any way meant to detract from htls choices past or future,.I'm just curious what you'd like to see.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 1

Defnitely the red/white mugs and in-game tourist posters. The snow globes are such a lovely idea.

I would probably also buy a book of Trusty brand cardboard matches.

I think woollen toques would be popular, but I would rather that they didn't become official merch in a way because it's nice to be able to make our own.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, xanna said:

In the other thread, @AdamvR mentioned stickers, and I think that's a good idea. It would be good to see some more lower-price items like stickers, pins, magnets, notebooks.

Also strongly agree with AdamvR that clothes need to be in a good range of sizes.

Thank you @xannafor your mention, but I believe it was @mutedgrey you are referring to - credit, where credit is due :) 

15 hours ago, mutedgrey said:

I'm really bummed everything sold out so quickly but I'm hoping this can be an opportunity to provide some feedback.

Hinterland - on your store opening again in the new year, for apparel items can you please, please offer 1) a greater quantity of stock in larger sizes and 2) a wider range of sizes? The notes on sizing say that the apparel all runs small and recommends sizing up - but the largest size is often already too small for some of us and it means the larger sizes are also selling out more quickly. Might I also recommend more unisex items, like hats and scarves?

For non-apparel, I love love love the mugs but I'd also completely love a poster, enamel pin, stickers, and so on. Would love to see more variety! (And hope that increases the chances I can snag one. Maybe.)

more on topic.: I think mugs are clearly the best idea, as both useful in everyday life, and one of the more accessible items for broader audiences. especially if there is also a microwaveable version... (for about 25 years I have an arcoroc tea mug of similar shape, made of some proven indestructible tinted glass... - they might be able to produce something for the store)
I loved the snowglobes idea, and expanding on the idea of 3D printing some areas (if can be done in good enough quality) also outside of a snow globe might be interesting - maybe as a phone holder on the desk. Or palm-size "collectible statuettes" of timberwolves, moose, bunnies..., any of our friends...:)

Edited by AdamvR
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, xanna said:

I am unreasonably into anything that is an in-game item, but there aren't that many that would transfer well into merch, I had to think quite hard!

I wasn't having a go, I was agreeing with you.sorry if that came out wrong..

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AdamvR said:

Thank you @xannafor your mention, but I believe it was @mutedgrey you are referring to - credit, where credit is due :) 

more on topic.: I think mugs are clearly the best idea, as both useful in everyday life, and one of the more accessible items for broader audiences. especially if there is also a microwaveable version...
I loved the snowglobes idea, and expanding on the idea of 3D printing some areas (if can be done in good enough quality) also outside of a snow globe might be a good idea - maybe as a phone holder on the desk. Or palm-size "collectible statuettes" of timberwolves, moose, bunnies..., any of our friends...:)

Nice ideas... I've seen the little models they get on the mods and they look great..  

Plus anything for mobile phones is bound to be popular,who doesn't own one these days😊 

• Like 1

I think there are so many things from within the game itself that could be wonderful small items to have.
I'll try to remember all the little things (and a few other unique things) I've discussed in the past.

I'd love a wolf paw-print rug (they even look good tacked up on a wall):
image.png.3dca0ba4d65362339d7beca14ba3d990.png
20230924144736_1.jpg.763556c30023f4af8aae51d21650013d.jpg (1200×675)

Physical copies of the tourism posters we see in game (of curse expaning the selection to include all the regions):
sa4huw27ly861.thumb.png.ba08e7569e349b5939a19621a1bddf4a.png

I'd even love some physical copies of some of the framed pictures we find hung on walls on Great Bear Island.

Of course more clothing items from the game would always be welcome.
I think (as mentioned by others) the Maple-leaf wool toque would be great, and some other unique clothing items I think would always be welcomed.
Wool_toque.webp.66a7a903ad2ebe35931eb8e2626c7e81.webpEpisode_1.thumb.webp.d7134757722399f445f0a169d832734c.webp

One of my rare wishlist items:

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Point is... there are so many merchandising opportunities for Hinterland / The Long Dark.
I hope we can see more in the future.

[Addendum]
I'd also like to purchase the right to download or buy a copy of this:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 4
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I think there are so many things from within the game itself that could be wonderful small items to have.
I'll try to remember all the little things (and a few other unique things) I've discussed in the past.

I'd love a wolf paw-print rug (they even look good tacked up on a wall):
image.png.3dca0ba4d65362339d7beca14ba3d990.png
20230924144736_1.jpg.763556c30023f4af8aae51d21650013d.jpg (1200×675)

Physical copies of the tourism posters we see in game (of curse expaning the selection to include all the regions):
sa4huw27ly861.thumb.png.ba08e7569e349b5939a19621a1bddf4a.png

I'd even love some physical copies of some of the framed pictures we find hung on walls on Great Bear Island.

Of course more clothing items from the game would always be welcome.
I think (as mentioned by others) the Maple-leaf wool toque would be great, and some other unique clothing items I think would always be welcomed.
Wool_toque.webp.66a7a903ad2ebe35931eb8e2626c7e81.webpEpisode_1.thumb.webp.d7134757722399f445f0a169d832734c.webp

One of my rare wishlist items:

Point is... there are so many merchandising opportunities for Hinterland / The Long Dark.
I hope we can see more in the future.

[Addendum]
I'd also like to purchase the right to download or buy a copy of this:

That rug is great...   there are a lot of possibilities though,you're right😊

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

there are a lot of possibilities though,you're right😊

Yes, and I'd also love to have some snow globes... nothing could be more appropriate for an Island in the embrace of a perpetual winter. :D 
I think I'd want to start my collection with a snow globe of the Lonely Lighthouse.
...maybe the Carter Dam, or the overlook of Mystery Lake itself...  There are so many great views that would make wonderful snow globes. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Yes, and I'd also love to have some snow globes... nothing could be more appropriate for an Island in the embrace of a perpetual winter. :D 
I think I'd want to start my collection with a snow globe of the Lonely Lighthouse.
...maybe the Carter Dam, or the overlook of Mystery Lake itself...  There are so many great views that would make wonderful snow globes. 

Lol...  we need our own little blizzards,only contained😁 

The lighthouse would be neat😊 

And the lonely meadow cabin..     even monolith lake with the waterfall in the background and the moose on the ice..

• Upvote 3

Let's see:

1) Playing Cards, perhaps a wooden boxed set of two decks with different images on the back of each deck.

2) Mugs that can look like the current ones, but that can go into the microwave and dishwasher.

3) Wood-carved desk set (blotter or perhaps updated as a cooling base for a computer, pencil holder, paper clip holder, desk picture frame) with carved scenes/animals/items from the game.  (I once bought my spouse one with carvings from the oil industry that he's cherished for 50 years. ) The wood carving was machine done, so it wasn't terribly expensive.  For example, the blotter has a wood strip down each side of the rubber blotter mat that has carvings running the length of it.  Pieces could also be sold separately.  

4) They could also do little wood-carved statuettes of the various animals in the game based on the icons that appear in the lower right of the screen when loading.  These could, perhaps, also be offered inside snow globes (😀 @Leeanda)

5) Canada toques, for sure, adding some print that say The Long Dark, perhaps.  Although not in the game, they could offer also matching mittens.  For those who live in warmer climates, of course, a similarly themed ball cap.

6) Posters done in the art style from the game, perhaps using the various intro scenes that have appeared over the years (I especially like the one they used when they redid Pleasant Valley, showing Thomson's Crossing).  The art style of this game is really exceptional, so I think any number of these would sell well.  Perhaps one that shows them all as a tribute to how the game has changed over the years.

7) TLD cowichan sweaters that are perhaps not hand knit and, therefore, less expensive and come in children's sizes as well.  The hand knit ones are very nice, but I suspect they don't sell too well due to their price.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I wasn't having a go, I was agreeing with you.sorry if that came out wrong..

Oh no, not at all! Don't worry. I get a bit obsessed with in-game things brought to life so that's what I went looking for. For a game like TLD the in-game items are a bit... uncelebratory - no one wants TLD-branded bandages or painkillers! I literally looked down the list of items in the fan wiki for inspiration and matches was the best I could do lol

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I forgot the Feats Merit Badges... so I've added them to the previous post now.
I kind of want them all... I might even consider making a sash. :D 
s-l1600.jpg (1200×1600)

Or putting them all over a bomber jacket. :D 

Neat idea...  😊

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol...  we need our own little blizzards,only contained😁 

The lighthouse would be neat😊 

And the lonely meadow cabin..     even monolith lake with the waterfall in the background and the moose on the ice..

Looking at posts like this for inspiration, seems a lot of us feel a connection to Trapper's, Camp Office, Quonset and Grey Mum's. I think Quonset might not be picturesque enough, but I would love a Trapper's or Camp Office snowglobe. Or the red barn.. ?

Edited by xanna
forgot the link, d'oh
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, xanna said:

Looking at posts like this for inspiration, seems a lot of us feel a connection to Trapper's, Camp Office, Quonset and Grey Mum's. I think Quonset might not be picturesque enough, but I would love a Trapper's or Camp Office snowglobe. Or the red barn.. ?

The barn would be a nice one to have..the red would really give it that Christmas feel.. but yes there's so many places that people love to stay at.. I agree about the Quonset though,maybe a fishing hut or  one of the islands?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I forgot the Feats Merit Badges... so I've added them to the previous post now.
I kind of want them all... I might even consider making a sash. :D 
s-l1600.jpg (1200×1600)

Or putting them all over a bomber jacket. :D 

... or a TLD aviator's jacket. 😀 (Seriously, I still see people wearing  the Mass Effect N7 leather jacket (streamers and the like).  I think an aviator's leather jacket, based on the in game design, might be a great addition to the TLD merch store.

• Upvote 4