Any word on Part 4?

Any idea on when part 4 is dropping and what content it may have? it's been almost 8 weeks since the last drop, but, I think they mentioned that content every 8 weeks wasn't obtainable. Looking forward to it, my guess is it'll come in Q4. 

• Upvote 1

Nope, no news yet.

This is my personal speculation so don't take it as the complete word of truth, but I think the next part will be the next region, along with some other things, like the trader for example. If that's the case, it makes sense for it to take some time, since regions take a lot of work.

• Upvote 3

My assumption is that they are on a 3 month cadence, based on all that was said in the dev diary.

With that being said, they put out details of Update 3 the a bit over a week before its release, and the video came out on the same day as release.

I'm speculating that we'll probably hear something mid September for a late September release.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Merrak said:

My assumption is that they are on a 3 month cadence, based on all that was said in the dev diary.

With that being said, they put out details of Update 3 the a bit over a week before its release, and the video came out on the same day as release.

I'm speculating that we'll probably hear something mid September for a late September release.

That's my feeling as well. Which means I'd play it mid-October, in order not to risk my current run with potential bugs.

• Upvote 1

There has been a significant focus on shoring up the current build, patching and bug fixing and all praise to them for it I think it’s just variant spawn issues that remain and a few touch ups. I feel like we will likely see news around late September and the update early October the 8 -10 week cadence has been abandoned so that’s not the best metric to measure by. As far as the content I agree we will likely see the next region and part to tales along with some new items, variants, collectibles and mechanics changes but I think the cougar, trader and travios are going to be the finale 

On 8/20/2023 at 3:29 AM, PilgrimReaper said:

Aren't all planned variants in the game at this point though? I think it's marked as complete on the roadmap.

The Insulated Flask is a separate item on the list. It's going to probably take the accessories slot, if I had to guess.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were new variants that show up, maybe another bow, or a different type of tool.

On 8/19/2023 at 6:18 PM, Enigmaecho said:

The thermos would be a good candidate for this update and we’ll probably see a few new unique recipes hinted at with the empty slot for used can recipes 

I would love to get the travios and new region. I have grown fond of FA region and love to live there but it feels like there is something missing. It needs a region close to it to be able to traverse back and   forth for supplies and not have to go all the way back to Bear Island. 

There are sooo many situations that i would love to have the travois it feels te most important thing for me atm. Beeing able to travel with large quantities of stuff is what i want. I have hauled 200 ! coal up to the forge in FA from Coastal Highway - imagine how long that took ugh ! I would love to take the travios in FA go hunt a bear and moose and take it all in one go to my base fighting off wolves along the way. 

Edited by James Hickok
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, A Lamp said:

Wait, weren't there knives and hatchets variants planned as well?

This is correct!

TOOL VARIANTS

Unique, custom versions of existing in-game items, each with a history and its own distinct tuning. Special versions of Rifles, Bows, Knives, Hatchets, Lanterns, etc., to be found in the hidden corners of the world.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Indeed!!

The "Released" got m confused there. Yay for variants!

Yeah, I noticed that too. I can't recall if they moved it to released after the most recent update or the one the first one that released the rifles...

Well there was also a fireaxe in the files before TFTFT update (only way of getting it was via dev console). So i guess that will be a hatchet variant.

Also im hoping Mountaineering boots will, one day, be available in survival mode.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, LunarLime said:

Well uh... Called it?

Well, obviously the new region was going to come with this update, considering it should've already come out months ago. In fact if we were still with with the original promised 12 month DLC plan we would most likely now already be looking at the Mountain Pass conceptual arts instead. Now I think we will be lucky if we get that next Summer...

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I could do without cougars (seriously, I jump enough playing this game) but I'm eagerly looking forward to everything else! 

Most of all I'm yearning for base customisation options like tidying up, decorating and making things more cosy. Further expansion on things to do when you've 'retired' and are very attached to a save and fancy some low-risk 'the struggle is over' cosy catastrophe living. Hope something's coming from the Hinterland kitchen soon - I'm hungry! x

• Upvote 3