Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

26 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I found out who my friends were when I got ill..     sadly..

You'll be throwing stones at grumpy when you get there 😁 

No food lol..  I'm going through food and water like you wouldn't believe..  how can you lose a third of your thirst in two hours??? Just too much...  you'd be dead in real life if you had that issue and slept for ten hours..makes no sense..  wish I'd turned it down one in the settings lol..  but I know there weren't many around in regular loper but I maxed the wolves out..they should be everywhere.

I also seem to be having a stick issue,on both runs..  from spawn,up past lonely cabin to trappers I only found two sticks.. lots of limbs but that's it..  it's been like that since the update.

I'm glad I haven't seen the moose yet..I'm not ready lol..😅

I did turn the loot to medium instead of low,but even so I shouldn't have found that many in one map.

I've got the flare gun too...    well armed expecting a massacre of wolves and I've got nothing to shoot at 😅😅

Sadly that's how it goes. 

I was throwing stones at grumpy before I left😂😂 picking on the bears is a must lol

They really should be everywhere. When I started trying looper there were less wolves when I entered a region and over time they appeared. Almost like there's a pack following you from region to region.

I know it's in the known issue list, but you've probably got to walk away and back to the area for the sticks to be drawn. I'll enter a ravine cave with logs and sticks out front, drop things and return to gather and harvest, they've disappeared. Walk around a corner and come back and they are back for me to get.

At least you can leave a few in locations for emergencies. 

I bet if you go see the TW you'll be very popular. Lol. Especially with a few rabbit guts on you., j/k. No need to die this early in the run.

13 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Sadly that's how it goes. 

I was throwing stones at grumpy before I left😂😂 picking on the bears is a must lol

They really should be everywhere. When I started trying looper there were less wolves when I entered a region and over time they appeared. Almost like there's a pack following you from region to region.

I know it's in the known issue list, but you've probably got to walk away and back to the area for the sticks to be drawn. I'll enter a ravine cave with logs and sticks out front, drop things and return to gather and harvest, they've disappeared. Walk around a corner and come back and they are back for me to get.

At least you can leave a few in locations for emergencies. 

I bet if you go see the TW you'll be very popular. Lol. Especially with a few rabbit guts on you., j/k. No need to die this early in the run.

You are rotten to those bears 😁 

I'm not sure what's going on with them.. having a rave with the bunnies probably.. I'll find out sooner or later..and get a few maulings too.

I know there's the disappearing limbs bug,that's been around for a while but I still found plenty of sticks.  They were just in some set places though..this is everywhere.

It's usually the first things you see and pick up on a run..  but I'm just getting lots of spaces with nothing but limbs. 

Not sure if I'm going to have a base as such, I don't expect to get very far ..either the wolves or the water situation will be my death..maybe the water lol..

A trip to bleak might be fun.... I haven't had our friend in the cannery in a few runs.😁

18 hours ago, Leeanda said:

You are rotten to those bears 😁 

I'm not sure what's going on with them.. having a rave with the bunnies probably.. I'll find out sooner or later..and get a few maulings too.

I know there's the disappearing limbs bug,that's been around for a while but I still found plenty of sticks.  They were just in some set places though..this is everywhere.

It's usually the first things you see and pick up on a run..  but I'm just getting lots of spaces with nothing but limbs. 

Not sure if I'm going to have a base as such, I don't expect to get very far ..either the wolves or the water situation will be my death..maybe the water lol..

A trip to bleak might be fun.... I haven't had our friend in the cannery in a few runs.😁

😂😂😂I really am. If the bears didn't make it so easy to pick on. One of these days the devs are going to give the bears the ability to climb more things and I'm going to be in trouble lol. Well, maybe just dancing closely with the bears more. They will still die lol.

You know my thoughts on wolves, counter charge for the win.

It's been like that for me as well. Ever since the quality update, but since it's already known I figure there's a team already on it. Does make you work extra hard to balance condition loss with gathering.

Your go through so much water on looper lol. Like half your carry weight a day lol.

Oooo TW on looper😍. I think my crazy play style is starting to leak into yours lol

12 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

😂😂😂I really am. If the bears didn't make it so easy to pick on. One of these days the devs are going to give the bears the ability to climb more things and I'm going to be in trouble lol. Well, maybe just dancing closely with the bears more. They will still die lol.

You know my thoughts on wolves, counter charge for the win.

It's been like that for me as well. Ever since the quality update, but since it's already known I figure there's a team already on it. Does make you work extra hard to balance condition loss with gathering.

Your go through so much water on looper lol. Like half your carry weight a day lol.

Oooo TW on looper😍. I think my crazy play style is starting to leak into yours lol

They can and are starting to climb places they weren't before..after the new overhaul is going to be interesting..

Armed to the teeth on day 5 and nothing to kill.. I did see two birds today which flew off before I even finished standing up to shoot..   no upgraded bedroll or bearroll for me lol..

You can't nip outside on loper and start hacking up limbs just for ten minutes more on a fire though.

If it's not just me then it might be an idea if I file a ticket..

No kidding..drives me nuts...😁

I've dealt with them on stalker before, even once with just stones lol..  you need about 150 to get rid of a morale ,if you're lucky anyway😁.   I've got plenty of weapons so I might go after I'm done with PV and twm...  

I'd really like a moose though,always overweight .as usual 😁

Edited by Leeanda

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

They can and are starting to climb places they weren't before..after the new overhaul is going to be interesting..

Armed to the teeth on day 5 and nothing to kill.. I did see two birds today which flew off before I even finished standing up to shoot..   no upgraded bedroll or bearroll for me lol..

You can't nip outside on loper and start hacking up limbs just for ten minutes more on a fire though.

If it's not just me then it might be an idea if I file a ticket..

No kidding..drives me nuts...😁

I've dealt with them on stalker before, even once with just stones lol..  you need about 150 to get rid of a morale ,if you're lucky anyway😁.   I've got plenty of weapons so I might go after I'm done with PV and twm...  

I'd really like a moose though,always overweight .as usual 😁

Bears are always climbing to me anyway, I hadn't noticed them doing anything different.  It's kinda what happens when you're always smelly lol.

It's in the known issues section from the devs. Or at least a discription that's really similar so I didn't file one.

Water is heavy lol so important though. 

Lol sticks and stones to break the bones lol. If they didn't want the smoke, why start the fire? 😂😂😂

Moose meat and hide, sounds like a wolf magnet to me lol

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Bears are always climbing to me anyway, I hadn't noticed them doing anything different.  It's kinda what happens when you're always smelly lol.

It's in the known issues section from the devs. Or at least a discription that's really similar so I didn't file one.

Water is heavy lol so important though. 

Lol sticks and stones to break the bones lol. If they didn't want the smoke, why start the fire? 😂😂😂

Moose meat and hide, sounds like a wolf magnet to me lol

You're dude needs a bath lol😁 

I'll check it out before I file anything then thanks.

I've gone through 3 litres in a day lol.. 

Haven't seen anything in PV.at all...very strange..now going to twm.. fingers crossed I get a stomping😁 

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You're dude needs a bath lol😁 

I'll check it out before I file anything then thanks.

I've gone through 3 litres in a day lol.. 

Haven't seen anything in PV.at all...very strange..now going to twm.. fingers crossed I get a stomping😁 

Astrid needs a bath so badly. She's bound to smell horribly after all the raw meat and intestines she carries around. She should probably burn her clothes.

Maybe I miss read the post, but I'm pretty sure they are working on it.

Sounds like my water needs lol. Especially running everywhere I can.

Hmmm did you play with the fear at all? Or is the game reading your file, knows what you need and is just being mean and refusing to spawn it?

Hopefully you're doing the stomping. Broken ribs aren't going to help you live lol plus you're so close to the summit and technical lol.

55 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Astrid needs a bath so badly. She's bound to smell horribly after all the raw meat and intestines she carries around. She should probably burn her clothes.

Maybe I miss read the post, but I'm pretty sure they are working on it.

Sounds like my water needs lol. Especially running everywhere I can.

Hmmm did you play with the fear at all? Or is the game reading your file, knows what you need and is just being mean and refusing to spawn it?

Hopefully you're doing the stomping. Broken ribs aren't going to help you live lol plus you're so close to the summit and technical lol.

Don't say that...someone will put either having to wash clothes or burn them on the wish list..😁 

I didn't touch the wolves settings,just how many there are..    never seen the maps so quiet..

Well I didn't get to twm... got stuck inside thanks to a PV blizzard ..  tomorrow hopefully..

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Don't say that...someone will put either having to wash clothes or burn them on the wish list..😁 

I didn't touch the wolves settings,just how many there are..    never seen the maps so quiet..

Well I didn't get to twm... got stuck inside thanks to a PV blizzard ..  tomorrow hopefully..

Lol need to boil extra water lol baths would be emersive definitely be hated. But it would be more real, but unnecessary.

I wonder if there's a glitch that tied them to the bears settings? It would freak me out if I didn't see wolves or bears. Like, what game am I playing lol.

😂😂😂 looper blizzard aren't the best for travel. I used to use them on Voyager to save torch weight, but on looper, I've really got to need to move. I'll try to stay put, but I've definitely sprinted through blizzards in AC, TWM and PV recently. Oh how messed up you get.

9 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol need to boil extra water lol baths would be emersive definitely be hated. But it would be more real, but unnecessary.

I wonder if there's a glitch that tied them to the bears settings? It would freak me out if I didn't see wolves or bears. Like, what game am I playing lol.

😂😂😂 looper blizzard aren't the best for travel. I used to use them on Voyager to save torch weight, but on looper, I've really got to need to move. I'll try to stay put, but I've definitely sprinted through blizzards in AC, TWM and PV recently. Oh how messed up you get.

Even with a six burner it'd take hours to fill a bath ..  so much fuel, lol.. I can imagine.😁 

I know that turning fear down for wolves also affects the bears and moose.. I've tested it.. even though it shouldn't..    I can hear howling, but just not seeing any..   I'm either very lucky ,got really good RNG or it's bugged...  

I thought about going to twm but changed my mind...  I'm in a nice cosy bunker and I'm not going to swap it for a freezing hut lol... especially with one piece of coal and seven sticks... I'd freeze to death.

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Even with a six burner it'd take hours to fill a bath ..  so much fuel, lol.. I can imagine.😁 

I know that turning fear down for wolves also affects the bears and moose.. I've tested it.. even though it shouldn't..    I can hear howling, but just not seeing any..   I'm either very lucky ,got really good RNG or it's bugged...  

I thought about going to twm but changed my mind...  I'm in a nice cosy bunker and I'm not going to swap it for a freezing hut lol... especially with one piece of coal and seven sticks... I'd freeze to death.

Well, if I were to implement needing to clean yourself by bathing, you could boil two pots and get a piece of cloth. Use one to "wash off" and the other to rinse the cloth out in.

Hopefully you don't have invisible wolves! That's scarier than finding an invisible bear.

At least you can get to the CH transition mine. That's pretty close to the bunker. Only a few wolves might be in your way lol.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Well, if I were to implement needing to clean yourself by bathing, you could boil two pots and get a piece of cloth. Use one to "wash off" and the other to rinse the cloth out in.

Hopefully you don't have invisible wolves! That's scarier than finding an invisible bear.

At least you can get to the CH transition mine. That's pretty close to the bunker. Only a few wolves might be in your way lol.

That's the sensible way . Probably why I didn't think of it😁

The other thought that crossed my mind was standing under a waterfall ,then a mad dash to the fire...after listening to Astrid moaning all day today she deserves it lol.😅😅

Lol.. it'd certainly be interesting if I did...ghost wolves... in time for Halloween too..

I need some clothes, and food.. hopefully I can find a moose in twm and there's more likely to be wolves there...  no bear means either a moose cloak or at least one wolf coat..

That's the sensible way . Probably why I didn't think of it😁

The other thought that crossed my mind was standing under a waterfall ,then a mad dash to the fire...after listening to Astrid moaning all day today she deserves it lol.😅😅

Lol.. it'd certainly be interesting if I did...ghost wolves... in time for Halloween too..

I need some clothes, and food.. hopefully I can find a moose in twm and there's more likely to be wolves there...  no bear means either a moose cloak or at least one wolf coat..

Lol camping experience. I've taken my fair share of baby wipe baths lol.  

lol that's the brutal shower lol. Holy cow that would be so cold😂😂.

Ghost Wolves, Giant Bunnies, Halloween is scary in tld.

I hope you find a good summit haul. Clothing is always hard to find. I forgot I died and had to start a new run recently, I thought I had 2 good pants.... Found a second pair of combat pants that were 20 some odd condition and I harvested them from run confusion lol.

I'm thinking double wolf coats, I'm going to be cold anyway, might as well move faster than double bear.

7 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol camping experience. I've taken my fair share of baby wipe baths lol.  

lol that's the brutal shower lol. Holy cow that would be so cold😂😂.

Ghost Wolves, Giant Bunnies, Halloween is scary in tld.

I hope you find a good summit haul. Clothing is always hard to find. I forgot I died and had to start a new run recently, I thought I had 2 good pants.... Found a second pair of combat pants that were 20 some odd condition and I harvested them from run confusion lol.

I'm thinking double wolf coats, I'm going to be cold anyway, might as well move faster than double bear.

She had it coming 😅😅.  Maybe she could drink enough water to stop her moaning while she's washing😁

Oh dear. You died? How did that happen?     Merging runs happens a lot with me... ..

You're right, wolf coats would be better..   if I can find any wolves😊

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

She had it coming 😅😅.  Maybe she could drink enough water to stop her moaning while she's washing😁

Oh dear. You died? How did that happen?     Merging runs happens a lot with me... ..

You're right, wolf coats would be better..   if I can find any wolves😊

Lol I probably wouldn't drink the water I'm using to clean up with lol. So much blood and rotting meat lol so much sweat getting cleaned up🤮 Astrid is nasty. Not her fault, but she's still gross lol.

Oh,I got the parasite run confused with this run.

I thought I had good gear still. I haven't died since the blizzard wolves in AC. I'm still going in the run where I just found the hammer. Sorry, I didn't clarify well.

I hope they show up and your don't have to restart to get the animals you need. A glitched out run would be frustrating.

13 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol I probably wouldn't drink the water I'm using to clean up with lol. So much blood and rotting meat lol so much sweat getting cleaned up🤮 Astrid is nasty. Not her fault, but she's still gross lol.

Oh,I got the parasite run confused with this run.

I thought I had good gear still. I haven't died since the blizzard wolves in AC. I'm still going in the run where I just found the hammer. Sorry, I didn't clarify well.

I hope they show up and your don't have to restart to get the animals you need. A glitched out run would be frustrating.

I wouldn't either, but she can tilt her head back in the waterfall and glug it down...  😁.   I went into twm with 4litres and it was gone by next morning...  

Oh I see...  runs merge in my head,whoever's they are😅

No wolves so far,or moose..  got to the cache...fully stocked lol..  just as well she was down to 10 cattails...     I was bordering on overweight going that far.. now I'm going to have to dump nearly everything I got....😁

At least I found a few sticks,which I had to drop lol..

Edited by Leeanda

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I wouldn't either, but she can tilt her head back in the waterfall and glug it down...  😁.   I went into twm with 4litres and it was gone by next morning...  

Oh I see...  runs merge in my head,whoever's they are😅

No wolves so far,or moose..  got to the cache...fully stocked lol..  just as well she was down to 10 cattails...     I was bordering on overweight going that far.. now I'm going to have to dump nearly everything I got....😁

At least I found a few sticks,which I had to drop lol..

The waterfall bath is different. Holy crap I'm sure she'd get so close to freezing that way lol. Worth it if you can smell yourself lol

😂😂I guess I'm a real TLD player now. Getting runs confused lol.

I really wonder if a setting is crossed with the bears. You should have found a few by now I would have thought.

You could always move things closer to the fallen tree bridge. Slowly move everything towards the hut.  But a fully stocked bunker in looper is the best gift. The wool socks I find in them go so far lol.

I would say there will be more sticks, but they might not get drawn in.

14 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

The waterfall bath is different. Holy crap I'm sure she'd get so close to freezing that way lol. Worth it if you can smell yourself lol

😂😂I guess I'm a real TLD player now. Getting runs confused lol.

I really wonder if a setting is crossed with the bears. You should have found a few by now I would have thought.

You could always move things closer to the fallen tree bridge. Slowly move everything towards the hut.  But a fully stocked bunker in looper is the best gift. The wool socks I find in them go so far lol.

I would say there will be more sticks, but they might not get drawn in.

Well after nearly 600 days and all that bear and moose harvesting she needs a damn good wash down..😅 

Not dying on day 1 on loper makes you a pretty good player already..   I doubt there's that much you could still learn..  

I did get a few ration packs and an expo coat, weirdly I'm not getting cold ,even without the coat.

Something's up with the run,but I'll keep going for now.. it's fun exploring anyway.. there might be a wolf or two between the cache and bunker.

35 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well after nearly 600 days and all that bear and moose harvesting she needs a damn good wash down..😅 

Not dying on day 1 on loper makes you a pretty good player already..   I doubt there's that much you could still learn..  

I did get a few ration packs and an expo coat, weirdly I'm not getting cold ,even without the coat.

Something's up with the run,but I'll keep going for now.. it's fun exploring anyway.. there might be a wolf or two between the cache and bunker.

After 600 days she needs a whole new wardrobe lol. 

Don't say that lol. I don't feel like I know the game that well. I have a good knowledge base, but there's bound to be so much I'm missing. Weather it's processes that are more efficient, paths that offer better protection ECT. I think I've got a very long way to go.  It's honestly been days since I've gotten to play, maybe I'll have time this evening.

I don't think the world is very harsh at the beginning any more. It might be a degree or two warmer. Either that or nothing has changed and experience is taking charge and you don't worry about it as early in the run. Can I find an expo coat next!?!!! 

Have you tried to lure them in? Get stinky and see what happens!? Cause if you've got any smell, in my limited experience, they come from across the map lol.

21 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

After 600 days she needs a whole new wardrobe lol. 

Don't say that lol. I don't feel like I know the game that well. I have a good knowledge base, but there's bound to be so much I'm missing. Weather it's processes that are more efficient, paths that offer better protection ECT. I think I've got a very long way to go.  It's honestly been days since I've gotten to play, maybe I'll have time this evening.

I don't think the world is very harsh at the beginning any more. It might be a degree or two warmer. Either that or nothing has changed and experience is taking charge and you don't worry about it as early in the run. Can I find an expo coat next!?!!! 

Have you tried to lure them in? Get stinky and see what happens!? Cause if you've got any smell, in my limited experience, they come from across the map lol.

Lol.. I have got all the crafted clothes in the wardrobe at PV.. just too heavy really.

If you can survive as well as you have so far then you're doing alright by me.😊

Lol.. I left one in the container for you.. 😁. And combats .. there's loads up here I just can't carry lol..

No.. and I've only seen a few bunnies and only one carcass..I thought I'd see at least two wolves on the way to the top..

17 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

And I finally found one wolf in twm...   which was eating luckily so I could shoot the moose in peace lol..😁 

Then I got followed back to the hut by him . But he went after a deer and now they're both dead.😅

Nice!!! All that meat😍😍😍😁☠️ and hide and guts!!! At least you've got what you need for a warm coat!

Lol.. I have got all the crafted clothes in the wardrobe at PV.. just too heavy really.

If you can survive as well as you have so far then you're doing alright by me.😊

Lol.. I left one in the container for you.. 😁. And combats .. there's loads up here I just can't carry lol..

No.. and I've only seen a few bunnies and only one carcass..I thought I'd see at least two wolves on the way to the top..

Crafted is very heavy. I almost think it might be best to only use crafted in half the slots. I run everywhere.

I think I'm a little further ahead than I thought I would be. I figured looper would have had a higher lol count on me by now. I think pushing the boundaries like I did on Voyager really did do allot. 

Sweet!!! I'll go grab it after the forge gets a visit 😁.

I really would have thought you'd see more by now. I get they are supposed to be few and far between, but dang, it's like they are set to passive.

29 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Nice!!! All that meat😍😍😍😁☠️ and hide and guts!!! At least you've got what you need for a warm coat!

Crafted is very heavy. I almost think it might be best to only use crafted in half the slots. I run everywhere.

I think I'm a little further ahead than I thought I would be. I figured looper would have had a higher lol count on me by now. I think pushing the boundaries like I did on Voyager really did do allot. 

Sweet!!! I'll go grab it after the forge gets a visit 😁.

I really would have thought you'd see more by now. I get they are supposed to be few and far between, but dang, it's like they are set to passive.

I've got to harvest it all first lol...     not sure about the wolf coat ,even though I've got two hides cured from the summit .. I've got two expo coats on , best in game boots,underwear, jumpers, and hats.. waiting for the guts for the gloves.. plus one combats and one snow pants lol..  I don't expect to get as far as 50 days so I'm not too bothered about the cold.

See...you're more capable than you think ..😊 

There's some other good stuff up there too..hatchets, knives,matches...pretty much most things.

Even a few hammers and hacksaws.. 

They should be on regular loper, but on max I should be getting ambushed every five minutes.. 

It's not just wolves though.. there's no bunnies either and I've only seen two deer.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I've got to harvest it all first lol...     not sure about the wolf coat ,even though I've got two hides cured from the summit .. I've got two expo coats on , best in game boots,underwear, jumpers, and hats.. waiting for the guts for the gloves.. plus one combats and one snow pants lol..  I don't expect to get as far as 50 days so I'm not too bothered about the cold.

See...you're more capable than you think ..😊 

There's some other good stuff up there too..hatchets, knives,matches...pretty much most things.

Even a few hammers and hacksaws.. 

They should be on regular loper, but on max I should be getting ambushed every five minutes.. 

It's not just wolves though.. there's no bunnies either and I've only seen two deer.

Harvesting might bring all the wolves to the yard lol but it's always a crap shoot if the weather will hold. The wind is definitely going to shift a few times, but fingers crossed no blizzards!!!!!

What are the best boots? 

Well, with looper always being cold, if that was what I had, I probably wouldn't change anything. I'd prefer the extra sprint. When the world's at it's coldest, I'll have the hides sitting around guaranteed😁.

Nah, if you really don't over play it and keep a balance between a run you've got to work hard in and an easy run, I bet you could go 500 days on your custom looper.

I learn from my mistakes quickly lol. I don't make many mistakes, and the ones I do are epic☠️☠️😂😂😂😂😂 

Medium loot for the win!!!!!! Summit is my first priority after I forge. While unlucky that there was no saw there the first time, a flare gun and 3 shells definitely made up for it. 

Right!! You should be pissed off at all the time wasted killing wolves.  There really should be a floor full of hide to walk on and 2 full coats lol.  It probably feels close to what dead world feels like. Maybe it's Murphy messing with you. Oh you wanted a wolf challenge?, here's a completely different wolf challenge. The challenge to find one.