Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well after searching for a real time hour I finally found some ptarmigan..

I threw the noisemaker really badly and missed by a couple of metres 😅. but I did kill the two nearest..  so noisemakers would seem to be good for killing multiple birds at once.

That's so long to search, but at least you found them. 

I didn't think they would kill anything. At least when I hit bunnies with one it didn't do anything but scare dinner away lol.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

That's so long to search, but at least you found them. 

I didn't think they would kill anything. At least when I hit bunnies with one it didn't do anything but scare dinner away lol.

I only tried a few places in mystery lake on the way through, I didn't want to search the whole map ,I did find one single one at camp office but didn't want to waste it just on one.. headed up to signal hill instead and got lucky..  well aside from my lousy throwing 😅.  

If I'd thrown it in between them all I probably would've got the full lot..

It does make it more useful though, I don't trust noisemakers on anything big...

Bunnies are a law unto themselves. Lol.. they're also flare gun proof.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

I only tried a few places in mystery lake on the way through, I didn't want to search the whole map ,I did find one single one at camp office but didn't want to waste it just on one.. headed up to signal hill instead and got lucky..  well aside from my lousy throwing 😅.  

If I'd thrown it in between them all I probably would've got the full lot..

It does make it more useful though, I don't trust noisemakers on anything big...

Bunnies are a law unto themselves. Lol.. they're also flare gun proof.

At least you're able to find them. I usually end up walking through them and when they fly away I notice them. I really don't notice anything that can't kill me lol at least you got a few, that's some extra down for your bedroll repairs.

I think it's probably a practiced skill like archery. The fight path is weird.

The most useful action I've found for them is pissing off bears. They don't like the boom at all. Admittedly,I don't like to use them on TW. Scares them off when I want them dead

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

At least you're able to find them. I usually end up walking through them and when they fly away I notice them. I really don't notice anything that can't kill me lol at least you got a few, that's some extra down for your bedroll repairs.

I think it's probably a practiced skill like archery. The fight path is weird.

The most useful action I've found for them is pissing off bears. They don't like the boom at all. Admittedly,I don't like to use them on TW. Scares them off when I want them dead

Just keep an ear out for the chicken clucks 😁. That's when you need to crouch.

It's easier when you're level 5 archery, they just sit there while you ping them off one by one.

So it doesn't kill them?  Damn, I've got a few spares and grumpy is wandering at the farm..😁

18 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Just keep an ear out for the chicken clucks 😁. That's when you need to crouch.

It's easier when you're level 5 archery, they just sit there while you ping them off one by one.

So it doesn't kill them?  Damn, I've got a few spares and grumpy is wandering at the farm..😁

Lol I used to listen for them. They are a fun hunt if you've got FHA and need the down.

Level 5 archery makes everything easier. Bears, wolves, moose all have a few levels of difficult removed just by crouching.

I'm at square 2 again. Lol. Just found a nice pry bar!! I need a saw lol.

I've never hit a bear with one. Gotten close and that just pissed it off. It didn't charge, just got louder. One tapped him with an arrow and it was over.

I wonder what it would do to a moose? I'm crazy but not that crazy lol

11 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol I used to listen for them. They are a fun hunt if you've got FHA and need the down.

Level 5 archery makes everything easier. Bears, wolves, moose all have a few levels of difficult removed just by crouching.

I'm at square 2 again. Lol. Just found a nice pry bar!! I need a saw lol.

I've never hit a bear with one. Gotten close and that just pissed it off. It didn't charge, just got louder. One tapped him with an arrow and it was over.

I wonder what it would do to a moose? I'm crazy but not that crazy lol

I always carry the bow and fire hardened  arrows now..    scrolling through the weapons takes ages lol😁 

Ah you're back to loper  loot..   what loot lol..

I have seen it kill a moose... but only once..  last time I  saw someone doing it they blew their hand off and got their third stomping of the run..  so many broken ribs lol😁

21 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I always carry the bow and fire hardened  arrows now..    scrolling through the weapons takes ages lol😁 

Ah you're back to loper  loot..   what loot lol..

I have seen it kill a moose... but only once..  last time I  saw someone doing it they blew their hand off and got their third stomping of the run..  so many broken ribs lol😁

Scrolling is why I only carry the bow and flare gun. I don't even carry rocks once I'm armed. Just extra weight for sticks 😂.

Oh yeah, looper is where it's at lol. SV needed to happen on a run I can keep going no matter what lol. Now it's back to my real run. I like looper loot. Makes every piece you get at the beginning feel like a gift from rngesus.

LMFAO and that's why I don't dance with moose. Bears all day. The walking death machine can stay over there, like way over there😂😂😂😂

31 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Scrolling is why I only carry the bow and flare gun. I don't even carry rocks once I'm armed. Just extra weight for sticks 😂.

Oh yeah, looper is where it's at lol. SV needed to happen on a run I can keep going no matter what lol. Now it's back to my real run. I like looper loot. Makes every piece you get at the beginning feel like a gift from rngesus.

LMFAO and that's why I don't dance with moose. Bears all day. The walking death machine can stay over there, like way over there😂😂😂😂

I don't blame you... but I do notice the bow is the slowest to get out and put away..

Nah.... I'm a loot hoarder lol..  give me pilgrim any day.😁 

Moose aren't so bad😁

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I don't blame you... but I do notice the bow is the slowest to get out and put away..

Nah.... I'm a loot hoarder lol..  give me pilgrim any day.😁 

Moose aren't so bad😁

It kinda should be. You've got to do so much for every shot that it takes time. Even with practice. I do wish we could usea few leather pieces and fashion a quiver to carry. Save some weight on arrows.

😂😂😂😁😁😁 The beauty of difficulty levels and custom. We all get play how we want lol.

You're expertises in the moose hunt probably helps allot. I get lucky and drop them fast or a ten hour fight lol. I'm really familiar with hunting bears after a year playing, all my experience is still a drop in the bucket compared to the time you've had to learn the moose and kill them whole sale.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

It kinda should be. You've got to do so much for every shot that it takes time. Even with practice. I do wish we could usea few leather pieces and fashion a quiver to carry. Save some weight on arrows.

😂😂😂😁😁😁 The beauty of difficulty levels and custom. We all get play how we want lol.

You're expertises in the moose hunt probably helps allot. I get lucky and drop them fast or a ten hour fight lol. I'm really familiar with hunting bears after a year playing, all my experience is still a drop in the bucket compared to the time you've had to learn the moose and kill them whole sale.

That's been on the wish list a few times, maybe it's in one of the future updates..

It would be cool to have one.

I know😊.   My house in real life is full of junk too😁

Oh I get that too. Not so much later game, but it can take one bullet or twenty early on.. not bleeding out is a pain..  I prefer the rifle for him because if he despawns then I don't really lose anything..I get my rifle shells back and I just make more..with arrows they just disappear forever..    I'm actually struggling to find them on this run, I should have at least ten more on my kill list... I think they're down in the warren with queen bunny.😁 

I'm sure you're a lot better with the bow with them than me...  I suck at it with the moose..

But you'll get plenty more experience with them ,I'm sure 😁

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

That's been on the wish list a few times, maybe it's in one of the future updates..

It would be cool to have one.

I know😊.   My house in real life is full of junk too😁

Oh I get that too. Not so much later game, but it can take one bullet or twenty early on.. not bleeding out is a pain..  I prefer the rifle for him because if he despawns then I don't really lose anything..I get my rifle shells back and I just make more..with arrows they just disappear forever..    I'm actually struggling to find them on this run, I should have at least ten more on my kill list... I think they're down in the warren with queen bunny.😁 

I'm sure you're a lot better with the bow with them than me...  I suck at it with the moose..

But you'll get plenty more experience with them ,I'm sure 😁

Maybe one day, but I do get that you really don't need to carry more than a few arrows since they are recovered quickly for use again. You've got to get lucky with the aurura to reload.

😂😂😂 I'll get some run where I collect everything lol. Hammer and saw are what I'm looking for. I need to forge.

Maybe I'm just a little nuts and I'll chase if I have too. Especially if it's getting closer to dusk and I've got one I need to kill. I don't need aurora to despawn him. I guess that's why I don't really like hunting them. They can just walk off and disappear on you. Although I think once you've hit it with any weapon, it should prevent it from despawning for 5 in game hours so you can hunt it even if the aurura kicks in.

I'm only ok with the bow. There's a few places where the holdover is known and I can make some long shots. I usually get better when I can crouch at level 5 and I can get closer and ambush from stealth.  Moose also like to hang out where ambushing isn't that easy. Bears you can at least make come to you without violent charging. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Maybe one day, but I do get that you really don't need to carry more than a few arrows since they are recovered quickly for use again. You've got to get lucky with the aurura to reload.

😂😂😂 I'll get some run where I collect everything lol. Hammer and saw are what I'm looking for. I need to forge.

Maybe I'm just a little nuts and I'll chase if I have too. Especially if it's getting closer to dusk and I've got one I need to kill. I don't need aurora to despawn him. I guess that's why I don't really like hunting them. They can just walk off and disappear on you. Although I think once you've hit it with any weapon, it should prevent it from despawning for 5 in game hours so you can hunt it even if the aurura kicks in.

I'm only ok with the bow. There's a few places where the holdover is known and I can make some long shots. I usually get better when I can crouch at level 5 and I can get closer and ambush from stealth.  Moose also like to hang out where ambushing isn't that easy. Bears you can at least make come to you without violent charging. 

Sorry.. thought I'd replied..I must try and wake up occasionally.. 😁 

How far in on the run are you?  

That's true... shows how lazy old grumpy is,he doesn't want to run until he has to😁

7 minutes ago, Abenico said:

Do prepper's cashes always spawn on the same spot or change places? In Stalker. Please without spoilers, wanna find them on my own 

Now they do stay in the same place but they used to have multiple possible places.. I spent many a day hunting in mystery lake getting lots of sprains looking for it...I miss that😁

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Sorry.. thought I'd replied..I must try and wake up occasionally.. 😁 

How far in on the run are you?  

That's true... shows how lazy old grumpy is,he doesn't want to run until he has to😁

😂😂 I've been up all day and I feel I live that statement😂😂😂.

I haven't been able to play since yesterday morning and I have no idea and my guessing is usually wrong lol. Maybe 10 days.

Grumpy wants to be hibernating. He's mad that he's awake. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Abenico said:

Do prepper's cashes always spawn on the same spot or change places? In Stalker. Please without spoilers, wanna find them on my own 

Same location in survival mode every time. Only 3 will be stocked. Those 3 with supplies are worth finding. The rest have beds to sleep in at least and will probably save you in any blizzard stalker can throw at you.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

😂😂 I've been up all day and I feel I live that statement😂😂😂.

I haven't been able to play since yesterday morning and I have no idea and my guessing is usually wrong lol. Maybe 10 days.

Grumpy wants to be hibernating. He's mad that he's awake. 

Not enough caffeine in the world kind of day lol..

Oh I see... I asked because of you not having a hammer yet..   might be mixing up your runs in my head lol.. 

He was mad anyway 😁.   Do they hibernate anyway?  I know not all bears do..,just can't remember which.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Abenico said:

Found some already, just asking if it's the same spots always. Would be cool if they change them always but let us find notes on where they could be for example

I think having a few be in standard locations wouldn't be a bad thing if they mixed up the rest. Knowing where safety is I kinda the biggest draw to them. 

16 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Not enough caffeine in the world kind of day lol..

Oh I see... I asked because of you not having a hammer yet..   might be mixing up your runs in my head lol.. 

He was mad anyway 😁.   Do they hibernate anyway?  I know not all bears do..,just can't remember which.

Never enough caffeine lol. 

It's ok, I've had a few runs recently. I've been doing really well at the start of looper. The transition to mid game gets me killed. In reflection, I really should keep playing as cautious as I do unarmed once I'm armed. Should, but bears.

I think that far North with limited food in the winter they would hibernate. I don't know at all but I'd guess that it has more to do with location vs species. 

11 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I do too.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I'm kinda glad we don't have to go looking for them all. Like I stated, I wish a few were in static locations but wouldn't mind looking around for others. Would make the safety you get feel so much more rewarding.

11 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think having a few be in standard locations wouldn't be a bad thing if they mixed up the rest. Knowing where safety is I kinda the biggest draw to them. 

Never enough caffeine lol. 

It's ok, I've had a few runs recently. I've been doing really well at the start of looper. The transition to mid game gets me killed. In reflection, I really should keep playing as cautious as I do unarmed once I'm armed. Should, but bears.

I think that far North with limited food in the winter they would hibernate. I don't know at all but I'd guess that it has more to do with location vs species. 

I'm kinda glad we don't have to go looking for them all. Like I stated, I wish a few were in static locations but wouldn't mind looking around for others. Would make the safety you get feel so much more rewarding.

AHH.. you really do have to be careful never to let your guard down...     even with old grumpy around..

Tempting as he is😁

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

AHH.. you really do have to be careful never to let your guard down...     even with old grumpy around..

Tempting as he is😁

I get way too comfortable after a few wolves and I hunt the first bear. I fall into a simi voyager mindset and a problem of my own creation creeps in. 

If the bears weren't so much fun to fight lol. That's really always my issue. Even ring around the trees is fun, stressful but so much fun. Maybe in the wildlife refresh the bears get a better turning circle. I also wouldn't mind having a second maul animation. 

Kinda on and off the game, but I'm on day 15 for my current looper run.

44 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I get way too comfortable after a few wolves and I hunt the first bear. I fall into a simi voyager mindset and a problem of my own creation creeps in. 

If the bears weren't so much fun to fight lol. That's really always my issue. Even ring around the trees is fun, stressful but so much fun. Maybe in the wildlife refresh the bears get a better turning circle. I also wouldn't mind having a second maul animation. 

Kinda on and off the game, but I'm on day 15 for my current looper run.

I suppose in a way that's part of lopers fault..  there really aren't that many wolves around.. I know I only tried it for three weeks but I had serious trouble finding any..

If you can wander around for hours ,even days without seeing a threat then you let your guard down..

It's going to be fun seeing what the refresh does..😁.      Honestly I wish that the mauling was a lot shorter..I hate it, it's part of why I won't go off passive..or I play harder levels with bears off..

Ah...  you can't be far off finding the hammer then......  ......     maybe😁

19 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I suppose in a way that's part of lopers fault..  there really aren't that many wolves around.. I know I only tried it for three weeks but I had serious trouble finding any..

If you can wander around for hours ,even days without seeing a threat then you let your guard down..

It's going to be fun seeing what the refresh does..😁.      Honestly I wish that the mauling was a lot shorter..I hate it, it's part of why I won't go off passive..or I play harder levels with bears off..

Ah...  you can't be far off finding the hammer then......  ......     maybe😁

When you stink, you're never looking for wolves lol

I never let the guard down, I just push when I shouldn't. I forget looper really really wants you dead. 

If I'd been playing as long as your have, I might feel that way. I kinda wish it showed the bear biting you like it does for the wolves. 

Hopefully soon enough. About to drop coal and metal in DP cause I'm loaded down and then I'll hopefully be finding a hammer. Just found a saw so hammer can't be too far off.

24 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

When you stink, you're never looking for wolves lol

I never let the guard down, I just push when I shouldn't. I forget looper really really wants you dead. 

If I'd been playing as long as your have, I might feel that way. I kinda wish it showed the bear biting you like it does for the wolves. 

Hopefully soon enough. About to drop coal and metal in DP cause I'm loaded down and then I'll hopefully be finding a hammer. Just found a saw so hammer can't be too far off.

Well that's true..😁.   But most of  the lopers I've seen all leave food where their base is,eat there and then go out..unless it's long distance.. 

I'm fine with the wolves and the stupid moose, but there's something about the bear one that just really stresses me out..     I haven't been mauled by one in years..

I know there can be one in our friends little home, but whether that's guaranteed or not I don't know.

Got to get past her first😁

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well that's true..😁.   But most of  the lopers I've seen all leave food where their base is,eat there and then go out..unless it's long distance.. 

I'm fine with the wolves and the stupid moose, but there's something about the bear one that just really stresses me out..     I haven't been mauled by one in years..

I know there can be one in our friends little home, but whether that's guaranteed or not I don't know.

Got to get past her first😁

I like to live dangerously what can I say😂😂😂

I wish they would stress me out a little more than they do. I was sitting on the riken throwing stones at grumpy with raw guts on me for a few hours real time today. He got so angry lol.

So there's a hammer possibly in the bear cave or in Scruffys cave?