Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

7 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

That's really not a bad idea if I can gather the rocks without weighing myself down lol.  Anything to keep the wolves at bay lol. They looks to chew on us way too much lol.

If there's bracken at the cave entrance then maybe leave that there and just put a quick fire next to it.. 

That might be enough to deter them...   

I know it's a bit of a pain trying to find stones so maybe the fire is a better alternative.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

Well I just wrote my first entry.

Look for 'The lone flame'. Any feedback is appreciated

And as I'm playing my save to get content right now guess who showed back up near train loading area for round 2?

Wtf is my luck this save...

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

Well I just wrote my first entry.

Look for 'The lone flame'. Any feedback is appreciated

I just read it😊.     You're doing well for your first stalker run...    How you found that expo coat at the farm I don't know.. best thing I've had there is ragged combat pants lol...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

And as I'm playing my save to get content right now guess who showed back up near train loading area for round 2?

Wtf is my luck this save...

If you kill a moose really early in the game,before day 10 I think,then it usually respawns again very quickly....  Should keep you fed for a while.... 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

If you kill a moose really early in the game,before day 10 I think,then it usually respawns again very quickly....  Should keep you fed for a while.... 

Uh yea no.

Only have my bow with me. Heck if I'm hunting something that tough with only 2 arrows...

20240127222833_1.thumb.jpg.eacad9b8ab3234631cb47a1ecbd42f26.jpg

7 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

Uh yea no.

Only have my bow with me. Heck if I'm hunting something that tough with only 2 arrows...

Maybe not then lol...     You might get lucky but I wouldn't risk it either unless I had the flare gun too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

If there's bracken at the cave entrance then maybe leave that there and just put a quick fire next to it.. 

That might be enough to deter them...   

I know it's a bit of a pain trying to find stones so maybe the fire is a better alternative.

Bracken? Is that a autocorrect surprise for bush?

I still think it's weird I had the wolf circling trappers the other day. I'm glad I don't exit any location not ready for a fight. 

If possible I look for caves with boulders that I can goat onto. I'll sleep up there and even if something enters the cave I'm in a weird place so they can't get to me. 

Fires are probably the best option, since I generally have fires going lol. 

1 hour ago, fighter1934 said:

Uh yea no.

I'd pass on that unless I have the rifle and 2 full mags worth of ammo. I have one thumped the moose with a bow before, but it's usually 3 to 5 shots for me. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I'd pass on that unless I have the rifle and 2 full mags worth of ammo. I have one thumped the moose with a bow before, but it's usually 3 to 5 shots for me. 

2 full mags? Bro what is your moose cracked up on?

2 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Bracken? Is that a autocorrect surprise for bush?

I still think it's weird I had the wolf circling trappers the other day. I'm glad I don't exit any location not ready for a fight. 

If possible I look for caves with boulders that I can goat onto. I'll sleep up there and even if something enters the cave I'm in a weird place so they can't get to me. 

Fires are probably the best option, since I generally have fires going lol. 

That's what I call it... Reminds me of the evil blackberries growing at the bottom of my  garden at my childhood home.. 

I have only had a wolf there once.. I was waiting for the fog to lift so started reading.. then I heard some snuffling noises,stopped reading and looked around..couldn't see anything so read another hour..same thing only louder this time.. went round the back of the cabin and Mr wolf darted off past me lol...   Glad it wasn't yogi though😅

They've changed that,you might not be able to do it any more..there's quite a few spots,on ground level that I couldn't place the bedroll..  they did mention something about it in one of the last updates..

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

I don't go anywhere without a full gun and twenty- thirty spare ammo..   I had a side run not so long ago and I took 18 shots at the moose and it was still standing.. admittedly I missed a couple shots but not that many..     

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

I play loper, I have no idea how many shots it takes with a rifle. I'd go get the satchel from the signal fires when I did play on the lower difficulties. And I find it easier to hunt bears since they want to eat you and can be lured in with raw meat.

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's what I call it... Reminds me of the evil blackberries growing at the bottom of my  garden at my childhood home.. 

I have only had a wolf there once.. I was waiting for the fog to lift so started reading.. then I heard some snuggling noises,stopped reading and looked around..couldn't see anything so read another hour..same thing only louder this time.. went round the back of the cabin and Mr wolf darted off past me lol...   Glad it wasn't yogi though😅

They've changed that,you might not be able to do it any more..there's quite a few spots,on ground level that I couldn't place the bedroll..  they did mention something about it in one of the last updates..

I see. I'll do that in top section cave of Bleak Inlet. Leave those bushes and block off the entrance if I need to rest before I go thump the TW.

Ah but old grumpy is so much fun up close lol. He makes everything so much fun lol. I'm just glad I was ready. Stepping out and getting a wolf alert is never a welcome experience. 

They haven't stopped us from getting up on the rocks I use. Used one yesterday to sleep.

32 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I see. I'll do that in top section cave of Bleak Inlet. Leave those bushes and block off the entrance if I need to rest before I go thump the TW.

Ah but old grumpy is so much fun up close lol. He makes everything so much fun lol. I'm just glad I was ready. Stepping out and getting a wolf alert is never a welcome experience. 

They haven't stopped us from getting up on the rocks I use. Used one yesterday to sleep.

Sounds like a plan...  I'll be surprised if it doesn't work though... I've Sen it done before in hrv..

He's only fun up close if you're cutting him up lol and cooking him...   Doesn't he do more damage than a wolf though?  

Ah I see... Might be a few missed ones then but they've definitely done some places...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I play loper, I have no idea how many shots it takes with a rifle. I'd go get the satchel from the signal fires when I did play on the lower difficulties. And I find it easier to hunt bears since they want to eat you and can be lured in with raw meat.

Shouldn't take more than 6 shots.

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I don't go anywhere without a full gun and twenty- thirty spare ammo..   I had a side run not so long ago and I took 18 shots at the moose and it was still standing.. admittedly I missed a couple shots but not that many..     

The rifle oddly has a range limit of about 50 paces. Might be the reason your shots are having no effect

1 minute ago, fighter1934 said:

The rifle oddly has a range limit of about 50 paces. Might be the reason your shots are having no effect

I wasn't that far away,and I was using the curators rifle which had extra range on it...

I've had similar with the bow actually too.. once he looked like a porcupine lol😁

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

It does? Can't really say I've noticed, though, I have a hard time hitting anything at FIVE paces :D.

Aim for the head for the first shot.and hope for a crit, but the moment that shot goes and the moose start charging just mag dump the guy in the chest.

9 hours ago, fighter1934 said:

That's why the bow is superior. It thumps no matter the range. Best tool for ambushing at any range. There's also something about putting an arrow in a wolf's eye socket that just makes you smile.

10 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Sounds like a plan...  I'll be surprised if it doesn't work though... I've Sen it done before in hrv..

He's only fun up close if you're cutting him up lol and cooking him...   Doesn't he do more damage than a wolf though?  

Ah I see... Might be a few missed ones then but they've definitely done some places...

I will be too. If it keeps the TW at bay it should keep the normal wolves away as well.

I think he should. But should and does are two different things. It's been so long since a wolf got at me I don't remember what they are capable of. Ol grumpy did about 50 percent maybe 60 the other day of I'm remembering correctly.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

Well I did another post but trying to make a day filled with just fishing and crafting into an interesting story is waaaay hard.

You did a good job on it...   We all get days where it's quiet though, for gameplay it's better that it is quiet lol.. maulings make good reading but  they're not good for the player..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I will be too. If it keeps the TW at bay it should keep the normal wolves away as well.

I think he should. But should and does are two different things. It's been so long since a wolf got at me I don't remember what they are capable of. Ol grumpy did about 50 percent maybe 60 the other day of I'm remembering correctly.

It might work on old grumpy too...  Fingers crossed either way..

That's true..I've seen more deaths on ytube by wolves than bears.. even at full condition..

• Upvote 1