Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

15 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I tried dark walker a few times, twice I spawned right next to a wolf...the third I realised my eyes aren't up to the challenge .. got from spawn in mystery  lake to winding river then just stood and waited for it.took quite a while to turn up lol.. 

😁. There's plenty of time for you to get eaten..  if that's what you want anyway..most people try to avoid it😅 

I'm sure the wolves aren't fussy eaters lol..    

I don't think the damage on voyager is different to pilgrim. But I had frostbite on a run somewhere and it didn't do anything either..  weirdly I had it on my upper arm,not sure how you amputate just that bit lol.

Lol the challenge looks really hard, even watching guides I don't really understand what's going on. Just run lol

I don't really want to get killed and eaten, but I do learn allot from dying lol it's complicated😂😂😂😂

The game wolves certainly aren't. They are just fine eating rancid meat as they are eating me lol.

I think frostbite is 5 percent permanent health loss, but other than that, it's minor. I don't think they would amputate the whole arm, but cut out the dead flesh first.

41 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol the challenge looks really hard, even watching guides I don't really understand what's going on. Just run lol

I don't really want to get killed and eaten, but I do learn allot from dying lol it's complicated😂😂😂😂

The game wolves certainly aren't. They are just fine eating rancid meat as they are eating me lol.

I think frostbite is 5 percent permanent health loss, but other than that, it's minor. I don't think they would amputate the whole arm, but cut out the dead flesh first.

I don't get the glyphs.. but I think it is just run,grab the notes and run some more😁 

I think I get what you mean..

Lol..if they're like dogs they'll eat anything..even their own mess🤢😁 

Or cut the dead bit off and sew the rest back on..  Dr Frankenstein 😁😁

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

I'm debating writing a story for my current run, but a couple of problems:
1) Hinterland took their time approving my account, so I'm already fairly deep into the playthrough
2) Writing everything I did and experienced into narrative is a lot harder than it looks...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

1) Hinterland took their time approving my account, so I'm already fairly deep into the playthrough
2) Writing everything I did and experienced into narrative is a lot harder than it looks...

Welcome to the forum..😊 

I've done a few  threads myself so I know it's very hard work and time consuming.. 

How far into the run are you? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Welcome to the forum..😊 

I've done a few  threads myself so I know it's very hard work and time consuming.. 

How far into the run are you? 

Day...17? I think.

It's a Stalker run through....with some crazy luck in terms of loot and timing so far.

16 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

Day...17? I think.

It's a Stalker run through....with some crazy luck in terms of loot and timing so far.

That's not so bad.. maybe start with the details  and a recap of what you can remember so far?  If it's a good run already it'd be a shame to lose it..

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's not so bad.. maybe start with the details  and a recap of what you can remember so far?  If it's a good run already it'd be a shame to lose it..

1st part I remember is both funny and really lucky. Spawn just past the hill of trapper homestead, go to loot it and saw a moose next to it.

Travel to camp office, went to loot the hydro dam next day and saw another moose past the train loading area.

I remember seeing that and thinking 'wtf'.

Loot the trailers outside, then loot the dam itself. Lucked out with a hunting rifle in upper dam. Then thought about the moose and a plan all came together.

Spent the next 2 days cooking up a storm outside the trailer lol.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

1st part I remember is both funny and really lucky. Spawn just past the hill of trapper homestead, go to loot it and saw a moose next to it.

Travel to camp office, went to loot the hydro dam next day and saw another moose past the train loading area.

I remember seeing that and thinking 'wtf'.

Loot the trailers outside, then loot the dam itself. Lucked out with a hunting rifle in upper dam. Then thought about the moose and a plan all came together.

Spent the next 2 days cooking up a storm outside the trailer lol.

That is lucky lol...   Shouldn't have taken long to get well fed...  

I've only had the trappers moose once in nearly 700 days.. elusive isn't the word😁

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fighter1934 said:

Welcome to the quiet apocalypse.

I don't have the mental energy to write my runs into stories. @conanjaguar is really good at it. He might be able to offer some tips and advice.

I'm on day 173 of my current looper run. I've seen maybe 6 moose in that time across the island. Most of which were before I got my bow crafted. 2 in 1 day is lucky. Both in the same region is probably a 1 in a million chance. GG!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

That is lucky lol...   Shouldn't have taken long to get well fed...  

I've only had the trappers moose once in nearly 700 days.. elusive isn't the word😁

8 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Welcome to the quiet apocalypse.

I don't have the mental energy to write my runs into stories. @conanjaguar is really good at it. He might be able to offer some tips and advice.

I'm on day 173 of my current looper run. I've seen maybe 6 moose in that time across the island. Most of which were before I got my bow crafted. 2 in 1 day is lucky. Both in the same region is probably a 1 in a million chance. GG!

Tell me about it.

Also a moose satchel? Don't mind if I do.

Waiting 10 days for the skin to dry is pain though...

• Upvote 2

If you got both hides you can get one of the best coats in game as well. I use double bear as most looper players do, but sometimes since I'm cold anyway I'll go with bear and wolf, cause the wolf coats look awesome lol.

You can always use that time to loot out a region fully. Get other hides ready so you can craft what else you might want. Relax and plan the next few steps in your journey. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

Tell me about it.

Also a moose satchel? Don't mind if I do.

Waiting 10 days for the skin to dry is pain though...

There might be a satchel in hrv,not sure on stalker..  

For warmth and lightness though you might get away with just the expo coats..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

There might be a satchel in hrv,not sure on stalker..  

For warmth and lightness though you might get away with just the expo coats..

I forget the expo costs exist lol. That really is a good coat for any difficulty it spawns in.

HRV does have the satchel on every difficulty but loper. At least to my knowledge.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I forget the expo costs exist lol. That really is a good coat for any difficulty it spawns in.

HRV does have the satchel on every difficulty but loper. At least to my knowledge.

To be honest my memories of stalker are the weather being appalling and my stupid death lol...

Not sure I even braved hrv on that run..😁. But thank you,good to know.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

To be honest my memories of stalker are the weather being appalling and my stupid death lol...

Not sure I even braved hrv on that run..😁. But thank you,good to know.

Lol I don't think I've ever been brave enough on any run to go there. The idea of outdoor only is daunting to me lol.

10 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol I don't think I've ever been brave enough on any run to go there. The idea of outdoor only is daunting to me lol.

I don't blame you..it's very challenging,even on pilgrim..  fog can really throw you off,as I just realised 😅.  

But there is the bunker and the prepped cache too.. and a few caves well away from the natives ..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I don't blame you..it's very challenging,even on pilgrim..  fog can really throw you off,as I just realised 😅.  

But there is the bunker and the prepped cache too.. and a few caves well away from the natives ..

Yeah, I'm no pro lol. Cave sleeping with predators around doesn't always end well for me lol. I always get some wolf who ends up curious about me while I sleep.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Yeah, I'm no pro lol. Cave sleeping with predators around doesn't always end well for me lol. I always get some wolf who ends up curious about me while I sleep.

I can imagine...  There's is a slight cheat for that though.. if you place rock caches or fires at the entrance it usually stops them coming in... Rock caches more so from what I've seen, similar to normal rocks throwing their pathing off... 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I can imagine...  There's is a slight chest for that though.. if you place rock caches or fires at the entrance it usually stops them coming in... Rock caches more so from what I've seen, similar to normal rocks throwing their patching off... 

I don't even carry rocks lol. That's torch weight lol. That and I am horrible with them and it's easier to keep FHA near the rabbit groves and pick them up before hunting. I'm lazy and smart😂😂😂😂😂😂.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I don't even carry rocks lol. That's torch weight lol. That and I am horrible with them and it's easier to keep FHA near the rabbit groves and pick them up before hunting. I'm lazy and smart😂😂😂😂😂😂.

I know I checked my spelling before I saved that..lol. Stupid autocorrect 😁 

Rock caches are a bit of a pain, I've only ever made three.. and one of them is a memorial to Astrid at the trestle lol...   

It was just a thought to help keep Wolfie out.. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks @FaT McMarlin, I'm flattered :).

@fighter1934 17 days is a bit of a stretch to recount everything that's happened from memory, but just summing up the major events should get you started... and a little bit of dramatic flair never hurt ;). For writing up stuff as it happens, though, I recommend jotting down some notes in the Journal every so often when you catch a break. Before bed, while waiting for water to boil, or while cooking are good times. It also helps to take a LOT of screenshots that will both jog your memory and embellish your story.

Hope that helps :).

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

i found the coat on a trip into pleasant valley.

Honestly though the wolf detection is a lot worse compared to voyager (this is my first time playing stalker and above) so I'm constantly getting stalked.

Not looking forward to when I have to push int Blackrock....

2 hours ago, fighter1934 said:

i found the coat on a trip into pleasant valley.

Honestly though the wolf detection is a lot worse compared to voyager (this is my first time playing stalker and above) so I'm constantly getting stalked.

Not looking forward to when I have to push int Blackrock....

Lol stalker is horrid with the wolves. It's a complete wolf nightmare across the entire island. If you know how to sneak and where to ambush the TW aren't that much different than Voyager. When I went to Bleak Inlet on Stalker it kinda pissed me off how easy it was to ambush and wipe packs. It's the reason I moved to Interloper. Just go in armed to the teeth, go slow and hopefully you know the region well. 

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I know I checked my spelling before I saved that..lol. Stupid autocorrect 😁 

Rock caches are a bit of a pain, I've only ever made three.. and one of them is a memorial to Astrid at the trestle lol...   

It was just a thought to help keep Wolfie out.. 

That's really not a bad idea if I can gather the rocks without weighing myself down lol.  Anything to keep the wolves at bay lol. They looks to chew on us way too much lol.

• Upvote 1