Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

5 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I like to live dangerously what can I say😂😂😂

I wish they would stress me out a little more than they do. I was sitting on the riken throwing stones at grumpy with raw guts on me for a few hours real time today. He got so angry lol.

So there's a hammer possibly in the bear cave or in Scruffys cave?

I've noticed😁

Lol.. I'm not surprised..  it's a good place to shoot him from though,except down the low end ,he can get you from there.

Wolfie's cave..   but it's only a possibility..  not found one anywhere else?

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I've noticed😁

Lol.. I'm not surprised..  it's a good place to shoot him from though,except down the low end ,he can get you from there.

Wolfie's cave..   but it's only a possibility..  not found one anywhere else?

It's fun what can I say lol.

He got close a few times but I was really careful to back up.

I haven't looked for one since I realized I was carrying a ton of scrap metal and needed to go make a deposit at the forge. Moved coal there as well. Then I got distracted goofing off with the bear. I know I need to get a move on and find one and get hunting for the right hides but sometimes you gotta just goof off.

9 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

It's fun what can I say lol.

He got close a few times but I was really careful to back up.

I haven't looked for one since I realized I was carrying a ton of scrap metal and needed to go make a deposit at the forge. Moved coal there as well. Then I got distracted goofing off with the bear. I know I need to get a move on and find one and get hunting for the right hides but sometimes you gotta just goof off.

Lol..  I know😅

And why not..  you need to have a laugh now and again..and annoying the bear is fun😁

24 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Ok grumpy makes it too easy lol. Fires on top keep tea and you warm for the fun too lol.

I used to sleep up there until I got caught out by a blizzard and nearly died.. it's the only time the wind blew in there enough to put the fire out..   I mostly sleep at the church now,it's so peaceful in there.

13 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I used to sleep up there until I got caught out by a blizzard and nearly died.. it's the only time the wind blew in there enough to put the fire out..   I mostly sleep at the church now,it's so peaceful in there.

I've noticed that I really only need fire to sleep outside of there's the blizzard you got caught in or between like 3 and 8 am. I really only noticed it when I started to sleep in hour incriminates. If I really need to cure cabin fever and I can get to Matt's truck, the truck provides a great wind block and I'll sleep there with warmth. I trust no outdoor location. That one attack while I slept taught me lessons I will never forget lol 

4 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I've noticed that I really only need fire to sleep outside of there's the blizzard you got caught in or between like 3 and 8 am. I really only noticed it when I started to sleep in hour incriminates. If I really need to cure cabin fever and I can get to Matt's truck, the truck provides a great wind block and I'll sleep there with warmth. I trust no outdoor location. That one attack while I slept taught me lessons I will never forget lol 

Pilgrim rarely gets that cold but it does get cold enough occasionally, especially since BlackRock was added.. the general temps have got worse by a few degrees since I started playing..  

But I do like to have a fire for ambience anyway if I'm outdoors..    never slept in Matt's truck ,I don't think but I have used cars,mainly in coastal because aside from the fishing huts there's no outdoor places to sleep.  

Once bitten,twice shy ...literally in this game lol😁

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

Pilgrim rarely gets that cold but it does get cold enough occasionally, especially since BlackRock was added.. the general temps have got worse by a few degrees since I started playing..  

But I do like to have a fire for ambience anyway if I'm outdoors..    never slept in Matt's truck ,I don't think but I have used cars,mainly in coastal because aside from the fishing huts there's no outdoor places to sleep.  

Once bitten,twice shy ...literally in this game lol😁

It's crazy cause when I first started to play, on Pilgrim I would almost freeze all the time. Voyager would do the same but it wouldn't stop me. It really did take moving to looper to give me a challenge and teach me the important need to maintain your heat.

Matt's truck: Since the wind usually comes from the water if you place the fire next to the drivers side front tire you can sleep there. If you need to get out to add fuel, you won't burn in the fire. Sometimes the fires get blown out, but not often for me. Very safe for sleeping. 

😂😂😂 All it takes is dying once doing something in this game too make you question the action every single time you've got to repeat it. Never to be comfortable. 

I think that's the true beauty of this game. You never feel safe doing anything. But still, you must go into the wild or slowly starve and freeze.

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

It's crazy cause when I first started to play, on Pilgrim I would almost freeze all the time. Voyager would do the same but it wouldn't stop me. It really did take moving to looper to give me a challenge and teach me the important need to maintain your heat.

Matt's truck: Since the wind usually comes from the water if you place the fire next to the drivers side front tire you can sleep there. If you need to get out to add fuel, you won't burn in the fire. Sometimes the fires get blown out, but not often for me. Very safe for sleeping. 

😂😂😂 All it takes is dying once doing something in this game too make you question the action every single time you've got to repeat it. Never to be comfortable. 

I think that's the true beauty of this game. You never feel safe doing anything. But still, you must go into the wild or slowly starve and freeze.

Once you have the right gear on pilgrim there's nothing to worry about..  but those first few days are always a fun challenge trying to keep warm,and fed depending where you start..jumping from pilgrim to stalker was a learning curve.. not just having to keep warm but managing the temps themselves. Counting sticks and times,where to put fires etc...  my naked pilgrim run wasn't quite as bad but the stalker run was a huge help..

Ah I see... it's the same with the car on the bridge in coastal..    as long as the winds don't shift,which of course they will😁 

Well I've killed myself so many times I can't keep track, but honestly I've not learnt from most of them😅

20 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Once you have the right gear on pilgrim there's nothing to worry about..  but those first few days are always a fun challenge trying to keep warm,and fed depending where you start..jumping from pilgrim to stalker was a learning curve.. not just having to keep warm but managing the temps themselves. Counting sticks and times,where to put fires etc...  my naked pilgrim run wasn't quite as bad but the stalker run was a huge help..

Ah I see... it's the same with the car on the bridge in coastal..    as long as the winds don't shift,which of course they will😁 

Well I've killed myself so many times I can't keep track, but honestly I've not learnt from most of them😅

Really going to Voyager was the best learning experience for me. My time in Voyager really taught me so much that the jump to Stalker was disappointing. The challenge between Conan and I was amazing, but once I was playing normally, stalker just wasn't hard. My one battle in Bleak was sad. I didn't even feel the challenge. Never even got nipped. I'm sure there's plenty of players out there who would read that and have a different opinion. But Stalker wasn't hard or scary. 

I think there's things like fire placement and stick counting really only get learned through play time. Gotta make mistakes to learn in this game.

Matt's truck is mostly blocked on 3 sides. I haven't found another vehicle that offers so much wind protection.

Oh the joys of being a newer player. I still remember every death. Since they are all so brutal, it's hard not to learn from them. 😂😂😂😂 Pretty sure I'm still under 10 total runs.

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Really going to Voyager was the best learning experience for me. My time in Voyager really taught me so much that the jump to Stalker was disappointing. The challenge between Conan and I was amazing, but once I was playing normally, stalker just wasn't hard. My one battle in Bleak was sad. I didn't even feel the challenge. Never even got nipped. I'm sure there's plenty of players out there who would read that and have a different opinion. But Stalker wasn't hard or scary. 

I think there's things like fire placement and stick counting really only get learned through play time. Gotta make mistakes to learn in this game.

Matt's truck is mostly blocked on 3 sides. I haven't found another vehicle that offers so much wind protection.

Oh the joys of being a newer player. I still remember every death. Since they are all so brutal, it's hard not to learn from them. 😂😂😂😂 Pretty sure I'm still under 10 total runs.

Apart from the weather I didn't think stalker was that bad either,even loper wasn't.

But I think I got lucky on that one..the days were sunny, and I found about 10 boxes of matches in the first 4 days lol..    I suppose it depends on what the player wants in the game..  

Have you thought of doing the challenge again?  

Lol..  😁.   I had about ten runs between December and march while I waited for the update to come out..   they start merging after a while....... hmmm..haven't I looted here already😁

26 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Apart from the weather I didn't think stalker was that bad either,even loper wasn't.

But I think I got lucky on that one..the days were sunny, and I found about 10 boxes of matches in the first 4 days lol..    I suppose it depends on what the player wants in the game..  

Have you thought of doing the challenge again?  

Lol..  😁.   I had about ten runs between December and march while I waited for the update to come out..   they start merging after a while....... hmmm..haven't I looted here already😁

Looper weather isn't bad, it's just cold. The wind is horrid though. Makes you so cold so fast lol

I don't know how many boxes of matches I've found. Maybe 3 so far. But really, it all does come down to what the individual wants to accomplish.

I have, but I wanted to make it custom. No other animals but wolves. Have them maxed out population and zero fear of fire. No rifle or pistol. Just a knife. I'm still a believer in aggression vs wolves. Just taking the charge without a counter charge makes no sense to me. If I'm sure it's going to happen, let's get the party started lol. Like the bear at clear cut the other week. No escape possible with all my tea by the fire, guess we're fighting. Let's get the fuzzy grump going.

😂😂😂😂 One day I'll probably get there lol. I seem to double my survival time with every looper run so it might take me a bit to get through a few more runs lol.  

Looper weather isn't bad, it's just cold. The wind is horrid though. Makes you so cold so fast lol

I don't know how many boxes of matches I've found. Maybe 3 so far. But really, it all does come down to what the individual wants to accomplish.

I have, but I wanted to make it custom. No other animals but wolves. Have them maxed out population and zero fear of fire. No rifle or pistol. Just a knife. I'm still a believer in aggression vs wolves. Just taking the charge without a counter charge makes no sense to me. If I'm sure it's going to happen, let's get the party started lol. Like the bear at clear cut the other week. No escape possible with all my tea by the fire, guess we're fighting. Let's get the fuzzy grump going.

😂😂😂😂 One day I'll probably get there lol. I seem to double my survival time with every looper run so it might take me a bit to get through a few more runs lol.  

It's not bad...yet lol..  it will be,somewhere around 40-50 days you'll be cursing it😁

Oh I see.. double wolf coat ..  do you mean nothing else or just no other predators?  

You'll get there.. 👍😊.  Wait til you try nogoa ..😁

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

It's not bad...yet lol..  it will be,somewhere around 40-50 days you'll be cursing it😁

Oh I see.. double wolf coat ..  do you mean nothing else or just no other predators?  

You'll get there.. 👍😊.  Wait til you try nogoa ..😁

Maybe, it's looper, you're never going to be really warm. So I just accept the cold and don't worry too I've got half condition left. Even then you just need two nights with birch tea and you're back to 100 percent.

No bears or moose. Just the wolves, deer, and bunnies. But wolf only challenge does sound amazing lol. Ill need to turn off parasite risk if I'm going wolf only though.

Nogoa isn't for me. I have watched enough to know I wouldn't find it fun. You can't really explore and you've really got to know where loot spawns are. Way to tedious for me.

31 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Maybe, it's looper, you're never going to be really warm. So I just accept the cold and don't worry too I've got half condition left. Even then you just need two nights with birch tea and you're back to 100 percent.

No bears or moose. Just the wolves, deer, and bunnies. But wolf only challenge does sound amazing lol. Ill need to turn off parasite risk if I'm going wolf only though.

Nogoa isn't for me. I have watched enough to know I wouldn't find it fun. You can't really explore and you've really got to know where loot spawns are. Way to tedious for me.

That's true...  

Birch and herbal are good,maybe a bit too good..

Lol..either that or live on cattails...yumm😁

It does seem a bit too much of a grind.. lopers bad enough.

35 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That's true...  

Birch and herbal are good,maybe a bit too good..

Lol..either that or live on cattails...yumm😁

It does seem a bit too much of a grind.. lopers bad enough.

They can be very strong when used right. But they really need every meter kept out of the red zone to maximize recovery. W days isn't bad but boring once you've finished your interior task and you can only waste time with water or passing time.

I already live in car tails lol nothing new to me 😂😂😂😂😂 Astrids diet is at basic as it gets lol.

Way to grind heavy. Half the fun is seeing how far you can push and still survive. You need some recovery of health for that. 

48 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

They can be very strong when used right. But they really need every meter kept out of the red zone to maximize recovery. W days isn't bad but boring once you've finished your interior task and you can only waste time with water or passing time.

I already live in car tails lol nothing new to me 😂😂😂😂😂 Astrids diet is at basic as it gets lol.

Way to grind heavy. Half the fun is seeing how far you can push and still survive. You need some recovery of health for that. 

The only times I use herbal tea are the very rare occasions when I've dropped down too far and taken a lot of damage off..I've actually stood there watching myself healing..  it really shouldn't go up that quickly.. 

We could really do with something to do later game.. it's not so bad at the beginning with crafting and skills to get up.. you can only boil so much water lol..

I hope those things are full of fibre😁.  I bet they taste like dry grass .

Very true.. I don't see the appeal of nogoa at all..  it's good to watch but not play.

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

The only times I use herbal tea are the very rare occasions when I've dropped down too far and taken a lot of damage off..I've actually stood there watching myself healing..  it really shouldn't go up that quickly.. 

We could really do with something to do later game.. it's not so bad at the beginning with crafting and skills to get up.. you can only boil so much water lol..

I hope those things are full of fibre😁.  I bet they taste like dry grass .

Very true.. I don't see the appeal of nogoa at all..  it's good to watch but not play.

If I wasn't playing looper and was on Voyager still, I probably wouldn't use either birch or herbal. I've watched Astrids health do that on looper. Granted I had to pass 3 hours but it steady rising.

Part of me thinks saving acorns for late game might really help. Just sit there breaking them open for days lol.

I don't know, but I want to try them.

I've been hunting a hammer all morning and finally found one lol. To think if I'd gone out buildings first vs signal hill on my way out the last time I was here I'd have forged already. Oh well, at least I'm ready to forge the second I'm in DP.

I thinks it's boring to watch. It's basically fire starting simulator.

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

If I wasn't playing looper and was on Voyager still, I probably wouldn't use either birch or herbal. I've watched Astrids health do that on looper. Granted I had to pass 3 hours but it steady rising.

Part of me thinks saving acorns for late game might really help. Just sit there breaking them open for days lol.

I don't know, but I want to try them.

I've been hunting a hammer all morning and finally found one lol. To think if I'd gone out buildings first vs signal hill on my way out the last time I was here I'd have forged already. Oh well, at least I'm ready to forge the second I'm in DP.

I thinks it's boring to watch. It's basically fire starting simulator.

I do feel like a herbal tea is a rare  treat for Astrid 😁. Poor thing,after everything we put them through..

Even after nearly 600 days I still have loads of them everywhere..

They probably will, I never touch them and the ones I have are in a cupboard ,along with three hammers at the farm lol..   they take so long don't they..😁 

That's typical lol..  miss one spot and you'll find it there at some random point in the future.. Murphy's law..😅.    But hooray 😊.  A few more days and old grumpy will be lunch 

It's ok... it depends who's doing it I suppose..

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

I do feel like a herbal tea is a rare  treat for Astrid 😁. Poor thing,after everything we put them through..

Even after nearly 600 days I still have loads of them everywhere..

They probably will, I never touch them and the ones I have are in a cupboard ,along with three hammers at the farm lol..   they take so long don't they..😁 

That's typical lol..  miss one spot and you'll find it there at some random point in the future.. Murphy's law..😅.    But hooray 😊.  A few more days and old grumpy will be lunch 

It's ok... it depends who's doing it I suppose..

It's rare that I even pick up the tea. I stack em in cabinets if I do pick one up.

The devs want to give us things to do lol. Or at least they really try. Acorns just haven't been useful yet.

Well I didn't loot the valley and I made the choice to try for better clothing at the hill and maybe getting a hammer. Turns out I made the wrong choice, oh well.

I'll be hunting and hopefully making it to 100 days soon enough.

Lol true. I just don't find it interesting enough. If I'm going to watch some long dark I'm going to watch looper and try to learn more.

20 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

It's rare that I even pick up the tea. I stack em in cabinets if I do pick one up.

The devs want to give us things to do lol. Or at least they really try. Acorns just haven't been useful yet.

Well I didn't loot the valley and I made the choice to try for better clothing at the hill and maybe getting a hammer. Turns out I made the wrong choice, oh well.

I'll be hunting and hopefully making it to 100 days soon enough.

Lol true. I just don't find it interesting enough. If I'm going to watch some long dark I'm going to watch looper and try to learn more.

I usually get about 30 just from the container in the ravine in twm lol.. never mind the bucket loads of coffee..  (your dream lol). 

There are things to do ,to be fair, but I have little patience for some things..   natural resources just aren't needed on pilgrim so I just leave them alone.. except the burdock.. they're so rare that I will take them but I still don't really use them.

Not really, clothes are a pretty high priority. Its pointless having tools if you're just going to freeze to death.. 

I know what you mean..zaks videos are pretty good for that. He always gives hints and advice in his.

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I usually get about 30 just from the container in the ravine in twm lol.. never mind the bucket loads of coffee..  (your dream lol). 

There are things to do ,to be fair, but I have little patience for some things..   natural resources just aren't needed on pilgrim so I just leave them alone.. except the burdock.. they're so rare that I will take them but I still don't really use them.

Not really, clothes are a pretty high priority. Its pointless having tools if you're just going to freeze to death.. 

I know what you mean..zaks videos are pretty good for that. He always gives hints and advice in his.

Oh how I love coffee lol. Nom nom nom😂😂😂😂. At least I'll have herbal teas to fall back on if I can't get materials for the natural tea.

I get bored picking them up. If I've got a radial full of tea and plenty to craft I'll skip picking them up. Same with cat tails. I try to keep 50 on me cause PV blizzard are long. But I don't really need more than that.

Clothes are great, but when I didn't get better gear at signal hill, I should have just ran down to the outbuildings. It is really close and generally has great loot and it's close to the exist to ML. It was really just me being lazy.

Yes he does, and while I'm no where near experienced as he is, I do use his risky condition tactic to get further in exploration. What's the worst that happens, I freeze to death again lol. As long as the game wants to keep giving me Black Rock for a spawn I'm ok with dying. Bring on the TW sneaky sneak sneak. 😂😂😂

Somewhere here would be cool to place the bear. So close it's just dangerous going home.Screenshot_20231008-1940412.thumb.png.6d3138fe7668cf31b663c7949fa8d1f8.png

9 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Oh how I love coffee lol. Nom nom nom😂😂😂😂. At least I'll have herbal teas to fall back on if I can't get materials for the natural tea.

I get bored picking them up. If I've got a radial full of tea and plenty to craft I'll skip picking them up. Same with cat tails. I try to keep 50 on me cause PV blizzard are long. But I don't really need more than that.

Clothes are great, but when I didn't get better gear at signal hill, I should have just ran down to the outbuildings. It is really close and generally has great loot and it's close to the exist to ML. It was really just me being lazy.

Yes he does, and while I'm no where near experienced as he is, I do use his risky condition tactic to get further in exploration. What's the worst that happens, I freeze to death again lol. As long as the game wants to keep giving me Black Rock for a spawn I'm ok with dying. Bring on the TW sneaky sneak sneak. 😂😂😂

Somewhere here would be cool to place the bear. So close it's just dangerous going home.Screenshot_20231008-1940412.thumb.png.6d3138fe7668cf31b663c7949fa8d1f8.png

Lol..😁.  I'd love some regular tea in the game though..   a dash of condensed milk and a bit of honey...honey never goes off 

I know what you mean..... I've gone past it now,so I'll come back to it later...... I'm always saying that.

The only difference is that you might not get the chance to on loper.

But at least you can now craft and start the killing spread soon😁 

I thought you meant the little hill at the back of the farm.., but either could work.. he could circle the entire house from them both

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Lol..😁.  I'd love some regular tea in the game though..   a dash of condensed milk and a bit of honey...honey never goes off 

I know what you mean..... I've gone past it now,so I'll come back to it later...... I'm always saying that.

The only difference is that you might not get the chance to on loper.

But at least you can now craft and start the killing spread soon😁 

I thought you meant the little hill at the back of the farm.., but either could work.. he could circle the entire house from them both

Do bees even operate that far into the cold?  I actually have no ideas about their range.

I don't even have to go past, I just have to see the items and try to log them mentally lol.

I do like that on looper, 90 percent is you pushing through situations. You might die, you might succeed either way you're going to starve if you don't move.

Well, looper players need half a chance, but not much more than that. Brutal is loopers meta. 😂😂

Do bees even operate that far into the cold?  I actually have no ideas about their range.

I don't even have to go past, I just have to see the items and try to log them mentally lol.

I do like that on looper, 90 percent is you pushing through situations. You might die, you might succeed either way you're going to starve if you don't move.

Well, looper players need half a chance, but not much more than that. Brutal is loopers meta. 😂😂

There are bees in the arctic,but even that gets summer occasionally..    but in game I suppose not.. 

Before the flare I would imagine there was plenty given the island has a lot of farming areas .it wouldn't be hard to start beekeeping as a sideline in the orchards..  and as I said honey doesn't go off so it'll last indefinitely.. 

I know ..we've all done the same thing lol..😁.  

4 weeks in game and I'd be warming myself IN the fire lol...😅😅.   Brutal grind..