Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

You did a good job on it...   We all get days where it's quiet though, for gameplay it's better that it is quiet lol.. maulings make good reading but  they're not good for the player..

Sure. I guess that's true, but readers are gonna get bored

Also I realized I have a habit of misremembering the day things happen. I'm already on day 34....

2 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

Sure. I guess that's true, but readers are gonna get bored

Also I realized I have a habit of misremembering the day things happen. I'm already on day 34....

Well I won't get bored....  I'm sure I'm not the only one either...   

It is a stalker run so anything can happen,at any time..    best just to take it one day at a time.. and try not to worry much about the writing..it's been good so far..    i had a  few uneventful times on my run but people still followed it to its end..

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well I won't get bored....  I'm sure I'm not the only one either...   

It is a stalker run so anything can happen,at any time..    best just to take it one day at a time.. and try not to worry much about the writing..it's been good so far..    i had a  few uneventful times on my run but people still followed it to its end..

No F*cking way.

I travel all the way to Timberwolf Mountain, and guess who shows up there?!
20240128232955_1.thumb.jpg.1c4bd2b8a5fc689d10b449afc03ef57c.jpg

Bro what the hell is this luck?!

• Upvote 2

No F*cking way.

I travel all the way to Timberwolf Mountain, and guess who shows up there?!
20240128232955_1.thumb.jpg.1c4bd2b8a5fc689d10b449afc03ef57c.jpg

Bro what the hell is this luck?!

You are being rather lucky with him...or unlucky as some might see it..   that one is a fairly reliable spawn for moose though.. bleak for me is a guaranteed one..

Do you have more arrows this time?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You are being rather lucky with him...or unlucky as some might see it..   that one is a fairly reliable spawn for moose though.. bleak for me is a guaranteed one..

Do you have more arrows this time?

5 arrows, but the answer is still 'No I am not hunting it.'

No need + not my priority atm. Still have enough fish.

1 minute ago, fighter1934 said:

5 arrows, but the answer is still 'No I am not hunting it.'

No need + not my priority atm. Still have enough fish.

I don't blame you...twm is a very lively place on stalker..  best save them for the Wolfies lol...  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I don't blame you...twm is a very lively place on stalker..  best save them for the Wolfies lol...  

I'mma bout to be called the 'Moose man' at this rate...

Mountaineer's hut is a treasure trove. Fire striker, a couple of arrows, some dry food...

3 minutes ago, fighter1934 said:

Mountaineer's hut is a treasure trove. Fire striker, a couple of arrows, some dry food...

That's not a bad name to have lol..

You wait til you open all the containers ....   I didn't realise how much loot stalker actually gets..

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Leeanda said:

It might work on old grumpy too...  Fingers crossed either way..

That's true..I've seen more deaths on ytube by wolves than bears.. even at full condition..

Shame I'm on the complete opposite side of the island from HRV. Hard to test it when you're in coastal harvesting the most recent slaughter. So much bear meat. So many rotting wolves lol. 

If the bears were as common as the wolves are and half as aggressive there would be way more deaths to bear. They are just loud. I don't find them difficult to ambush and kill. With level 5 archery it feels like almost every head shot is a kill. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, fighter1934 said:

Sounds like you need to get up to the gold mine and get the technical pack with everything you're finding. 

8 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Shame I'm on the complete opposite side of the island from HRV. Hard to test it when you're in coastal harvesting the most recent slaughter. So much bear meat. So many rotting wolves lol. 

If the bears were as common as the wolves are and half as aggressive there would be way more deaths to bear. They are just loud. I don't find them difficult to ambush and kill. With level 5 archery it feels like almost every head shot is a kill. 

You and your mass slaughtering lol...  At least you and the crows won't go hungry for a bit😁 

I think I usually see more bears in PV than wolves,pre bug of course.. but you might be right there..  bear are kind of hard to miss,let's hope the refresh doesn't change them to ninja bear😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

You and your mass slaughtering lol...  At least you and the crows won't go hungry for a bit😁 

I think I usually see more bears in PV than wolves,pre bug of course.. but you might be right there..  bear are kind of hard to miss,let's hope the refresh doesn't change them to ninja bear😁

Lol it's not my fault they all wanted to eat me lol. If they would just leave me alone I'd leave them alive😁😁😁☠️😂😂😂

I'd be ok with bears having 20 less lbs of meat if they would respawn faster. Maybe it's just me, but I think every bear should be active at once. They should be everywhere. Every region should have 2. I mean it's Great Bear Island, the bears should be everywhere. 

I honestly wouldn't mind if they made more noise. Sometimes it's hard to hear then over the wind 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol it's not my fault they all wanted to eat me lol. If they would just leave me alone I'd leave them alive😁😁😁☠️😂😂😂

I'd be ok with bears having 20 less lbs of meat if they would respawn faster. Maybe it's just me, but I think every bear should be active at once. They should be everywhere. Every region should have 2. I mean it's Great Bear Island, the bears should be everywhere. 

I honestly wouldn't mind if they made more noise. Sometimes it's hard to hear then over the wind 

I did reply to this...not sure where it went???🤔 

Even old grumpy ?  Lol...  They didn't want to eat you,they were just saying hello 😅 

Some do respawn fast, PV farm comes back the day after the last one disappears...   Not sure what the respawn rates are on loper..  I'd put them on high because it'd make sense to have more threats around more often... That's my logic anyway...  

I'll say one thing, those bears sound very loud when you're in a train carriage at night trying to sleep and it walks around outside lol...    

I'm surprised forsaken and zoc doesn't have more bears if I'm honest... There's certainly space for them.. 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fighter1934 said:

so.....
Almost got my run ended. Got double mauled by a bear who got stuck during his retreat phase....
Wtf

That happens sometimes... Looks like he's on an invisible treadmill lol... I'm glad you're still in one piece though..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

That happens sometimes... Looks like he's on an invisible treadmill lol... I'm glad you're still in one piece though..

Tell me about it. Had to stick myselm with a emergency stim to buy time to bandage.

lost my combat boots though. dammit I liked those boots.

Tell me about it. Had to stick myselm with a emergency stim to buy time to bandage.

lost my combat boots though. dammit I liked those boots.

They are good boots but they're way too heavy for me... 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, fighter1934 said:

so.....
Almost got my run ended. Got double mauled by a bear who got stuck during his retreat phase....
Wtf

What difficulty are you on? When I intentionally ended a run on Voyager that way it took 6 bear maulings before I died. Never tried anything like that on Stalker so I have no reference for you.

• Upvote 2