Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

14 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Only one or two burdock. I honestly don't remember with acorns. I don't stop to gather them. The best place I've found so far was a grove of 3 in FA

Side side note:  first time in Milton Basin without a blizzard. What a sweet little outdoor base for stop overs on the way to FM.

I don't usually but I want to make some new food before the stuff gets too low condition.   I did find my first burdocks in Milton basin actually. A clump of three I think.  It is a good place to stay. Everything except the bear down there. Haven't tried fishing there yet though.

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I don't usually but I want to make some new food before the stuff gets too low condition.   I did find my first burdocks in Milton basin actually. A clump of three I think.  It is a good place to stay. Everything except the bear down there. Haven't tried fishing there yet though.

There's a bear? Where? I've killed the wolf and all the deer, I was gutting them with no fire what so ever. 😅😅😂

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

There's a bear? Where? I've killed the wolf and all the deer, I was gutting them with no fire what so ever. 😅😅😂

I meant it's the only thing not down there..     but beware the aurora bunnies,they're lethal😁 

If there's any left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I meant it's the only thing not down there..     but beware the aurora bunnies,they're lethal😁 

If there's any left.

Lol I leave the bunnies but I really wanted a pile of meat down there and now I have 3 lol. I think I'm going to spend a few days there. It's so small but packed full. Plus I kinda want the moose!!! If it's going to spawn.

11 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Lol I leave the bunnies but I really wanted a pile of meat down there and now I have 3 lol. I think I'm going to spend a few days there. It's so small but packed full. Plus I kinda want the moose!!! If it's going to spawn.

And very hard to get lost in😁.     Poor bunnies🥺😊

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

And very hard to get lost in😁.     Poor bunnies🥺😊

So huge. Take 3 days just to cross the ice. 😂😂😂😂

Found out that there wasn't one wolf but 3. And a gazillion deer after a storm. But I made it to the other side, CH bound.

10 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

So huge. Take 3 days just to cross the ice. 😂😂😂😂

Found out that there wasn't one wolf but 3. And a gazillion deer after a storm. But I made it to the other side, CH bound.

I thought it a bit odd there was only one wolf....  If it was loper I could've understood it but not voyager.

Given up on the moose?   He's not exactly a reliable beast is he😁.  

I'm sure there'll be plenty of wolves between there and coastal .   Tails wagging and so happy to see you😅

15 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I thought it a bit odd there was only one wolf....  If it was loper I could've understood it but not voyager.

Given up on the moose?   He's not exactly a reliable beast is he😁.  

I'm sure there'll be plenty of wolves between there and coastal .   Tails wagging and so happy to see you😅

Yeah, if the moose was going to spawn there, he would have. 5 days in game time. Do you know if both moose spawns can be active in MT? I've got one by the HRV cave.

I think there was 1 at first cause a blizzard was rolling in when I went hunting the first night. That one just so happened to cross the proximity limit and was there. He tasted pretty yummy. Yet another mini base full of rotting meat piles and gallons of water. Level 5 cooking is a major safety net. I would be so dead without it lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Yeah, if the moose was going to spawn there, he would have. 5 days in game time. Do you know if both moose spawns can be active in MT? I've got one by the HRV cave.

I think there was 1 at first cause a blizzard was rolling in when I went hunting t first night. That one just so happened to cross the proximity limit and was there. He tasted pretty yummy. Yet another mini base full of rotting meat piles and gallons of water. Level 5 cooking is a major safety net. I would be so dead without it lol

If the one up there spawned then it's highly unlikely to get the one in the basin.. not Impossible though.    I've never had the one behind the garage but I don't think he would if you had that one either...

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

@FaT McMarlin I should also mention ,if you didn't know already, that the only places that get more than one moose are mystery lake and bleak inlet... Bleak can have three active  at once..  I have seen all three in one day,but that was either really lucky rng or a bug.

That's really good too know. I've spent more than a few days killing the Pensive Pond moose and running to the birch forest in PV trying to get 2 at once.   Done it twice now lol. The poor bear there got killed for nothing lol

Just now, FaT McMarlin said:

That's really good too know. I've spent more than a few days killing the Pensive Pond moose and running to the birch forest in PV trying to get 2 at once.   Done it twice now lol. The poor bear there got killed for nothing lol

Well not nothing, there's all that juicy meat and lovely furry coat,or bear roll..  but yep, nothing in his favour 😁 

Pensive is a good place for the moose, you can keep warm by the fire whilst sniping it. Sadly I've got the birch one and I've only seen it once in over 300 days. 

Because I won't go to hrv for the free moose satchel ,I'll always check mystery lake for the moose first because it's quite a high chance of one of them  being there,but if not then head to bleak because there's always a guaranteed one .

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Well not nothing, there's all that juicy meat and lovely furry coat,or bear roll..  but yep, nothing in his favour 😁 

Pensive is a good place for the moose, you can keep warm by the fire whilst sniping it. Sadly I've got the birch one and I've only seen it once in over 300 days. 

Because I won't go to hrv for the free moose satchel ,I'll always check mystery lake for the moose first because it's quite a high chance of one of them  being there,but if not then head to bleak because there's always a guaranteed one .

True, just so far from shelter I'm pretty sure it just wasted away there. I normally check the signal fires for random goodies but I craft my satchel as well. I still need to create some improvised crampons to see if they prevent sprains cause the in game gifted ones don't prevent anything. Slope goes red, sprain. 

I'm heading to CH to look for the rifle variant that's supposed to spawn there. Since my hunters bunker in HRV didn't have the hunters revolver I'm not to sure it's a guaranteed spawn. But I'm pretty sure my AC bunker is a hunters as well, I'll go check it out after a week or so in CH. Finding the new variants is taking me all over the world and I love it!!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

True, just so far from shelter I'm pretty sure it just wasted away there. I normally check the signal fires for random goodies but I craft my satchel as well. I still need to create some improvised crampons to see if they prevent sprains cause the in game gifted ones don't prevent anything. Slope goes red, sprain. 

I'm heading to CH to look for the rifle variant that's supposed to spawn there. Since my hunters bunker in HRV didn't have the hunters revolver I'm not to sure it's a guaranteed spawn. But I'm pretty sure my AC bunker is a hunters as well, I'll go check it out after a week or so in CH. Finding the new variants is taking me all over the world and I love it!!!

I think they do help a bit, but I take sprains off these days. I'd rather take clothes damage and to myself.

Urgh, that ash bunker gave me seriously problems. Thanks to @hozz1235 I found it at all. I didn't get the hunters revolver either but I have got all the rifles.. still wouldn't swap my curators though.

I know what you mean, it's like Christmas again😊

• Upvote 1

I think they do help a bit, but I take sprains off these days. I'd rather take clothes damage and to myself.

Urgh, that ash bunker gave me seriously problems. Thanks to @hozz1235 I found it at all. I didn't get the hunters revolver either but I have got all the rifles.. still wouldn't swap my curators though.

I know what you mean, it's like Christmas again😊

I've only found Vaughn's rifle, Forester and Wardens revolver, sport bow and spelunker lantern. Got allot more to look for when I have time. I wonder if the variants aren't guaranteed? Just the possiblity of them.

The Ash bunker isn't the easiest to find, but it's easy getting there. Way better than HRV which takes the clime to get to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I've only found Vaughn's rifle, Forester and Wardens revolver, sport bow and spelunker lantern. Got allot more to look for when I have time. I wonder if the variants aren't guaranteed? Just the possiblity of them.

The Ash bunker isn't the easiest to find, but it's easy getting there. Way better than HRV which takes the clime to get to.

I don't know where the hrv one is. I've never needed to look for it,and doubt I ever would,even if I knew it was a full one. Ain't going back there.😁 

All the variants should spawn as far as I know.   

• Upvote 1

I don't know where the hrv one is. I've never needed to look for it,and doubt I ever would,even if I knew it was a full one. Ain't going back there.😁 

All the variants should spawn as far as I know.   

The HRV bunker is right next to lonely cave. Very safe and easy to get to. But I understand why you feel that way. HRV is brutal to survive in. I only enjoy the challenge, but it's so far from home, if I'm going for outdoor survival, AC is my go too. I've got so much more to explore there dispite my frequent trips there.

I wonder if I picked up the revolver in the bunker before the new variant dropped preventing spawn, and or picked it up without realizing it and i dropped it somewhere. I've been known to pick up the revolver if there's any ammo with it, use it till the ammo is gone, drop the revolver. I know there's at least 2 ditched in BRP.

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

The HRV bunker is right next to lonely cave. Very safe and easy to get to. But I understand why you feel that way. HRV is brutal to survive in. I only enjoy the challenge, but it's so far from home, if I'm going for outdoor survival, AC is my go too. I've got so much more to explore there dispite my frequent trips there.

I wonder if I picked up the revolver in the bunker before the new variant dropped preventing spawn, and or picked it up without realizing it and i dropped it somewhere. I've been known to pick up the revolver if there's any ammo with it, use it till the ammo is gone, drop the revolver. I know there's at least 2 ditched in BRP.

I know absolutely none of the names of anything in hrv except moose overlook. But the name is all I know.😁.  Apart from the trip in there yesterday I only go to hrv to end Astrid's life and you don't need to know the name of the cliff she's about to jump off😅 

Ash is a bit of a maze too but only in some areas.  And there are some stunning views . 

There are a lot of revolvers around, I have at least two regular ones in each map.  

But variants I will take home to pv,clean them,load them,then leave them in the fridge. And I will drop things like food and water to make sure I can take them home.😁 It is easy to just put something somewhere and forget where it is though.   I could've sworn I had a skillet in camp office but it's nowhere in mystery lake at all... 

40 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Guess I'm can go search the bunkers again. I want to add it to my decoration.

Which item are you looking for?  I don't recall any item variants (besides Hunter's Revolver) being found in prepper caches.

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Which item are you looking for?  I don't recall any item variants (besides Hunter's Revolver) being found in prepper caches.

I need to find the hunter revolver, and 2 rifle variants, I've got Vaughn's. I got lucky and had 2 maybe 3 hunters cache spawn for me. Just went and checked one in HRV. Going to CH for a loop around there, then I'll go to  BRP and then to AC to check the bunkers for the hunters revolver. 

18 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I know absolutely none of the names of anything in hrv except moose overlook. But the name is all I know.😁.  Apart from the trip in there yesterday I only go to hrv to end Astrid's life and you don't need to know the name of the cliff she's about to jump off😅 

Ash is a bit of a maze too but only in some areas.  And there are some stunning views . 

There are a lot of revolvers around, I have at least two regular ones in each map.  

But variants I will take home to pv,clean them,load them,then leave them in the fridge. And I will drop things like food and water to make sure I can take them home.😁 It is easy to just put something somewhere and forget where it is though.   I could've sworn I had a skillet in camp office but it's nowhere in mystery lake at all... 

Sorry, I really thought I'd replied. I'm really interested in the name of said cliff. Lol

HRV is like BRP. Fun for a little, dangerous as can be, know a little of how to get around, mostly lost but still we go lol. From my understanding HRV takes a special survivor to enjoy all the time. And those survivors are really a sight to behold.

Water is always the first to go. Take one bottle and I'll make more as needed, or I stop at the mini bases and have a sip. Charcoal is second. Followed by Marine flares, only good in an extreme pinch. I feel like I've spent the majority of this run hauling things back to my display in PV. Soon enough I'm going to need to create another display for everything.

It's easy to forget when you just drop things. If I'm using something temporarily, I'll leave it where I'm at when it's used up. I never pick up my torches, leave them at guides and markers of where I've been. 

• Like 1