Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Still yuck....   I've had a problem with ants for years and they come in in droves.... Not nice.

😅😅.   You need more fibre in your diet😂

I've had food poisoning once too often from them so now I have my own little rule...no sardines ..ever...even if it'd save my life. It's still a no..    

I'm guessing in fA... If you get caught in a blizzard with no firewood it might just save your life.. 

That's the thing though,you never know ..   not in this game.

Boiling water is the best for complete decimation. They don't drown, so they don't freak out over the water. They just boil.

LMFAO fiber wins always lol

FA blizzard maybe if you've got no fire. But you're right, you never know with this game. Blizzards are deadly.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Boiling water is the best for complete decimation. They don't drown, so they don't freak out over the water. They just boil.

LMFAO fiber wins always lol

FA blizzard maybe if you've got no fire. But you're right, you never know with this game. Blizzards are deadly.

I can't use boiling water,they come in in the middle of the house.. it's in my hall under the carpet, and through to the kitchen behind the fridge..  they're tenacious little things. It's all concrete underneath so they're seriously tough. 😊 

Lol.  And sardines😁. Deadly 

We should be used to blizzards as pv residents😁

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I can't use boiling water,they come in in the middle of the house.. it's in my hall under the carpet, and through to the kitchen behind the fridge..  they're tenacious little things. It's all concrete underneath so they're seriously tough. 😊 

Lol.  And sardines😁. Deadly 

We should be used to blizzards as pv residents😁

Well, if you ever find the home, boil them lol

I love a good long blizzard in PV. I get so tired of being inside one location that I prep while it rages and leave the first chance I get lol. It would be all to easy to just sit at the farm and get to 500 days, but it would be so boring. Never go hungry, but where's the adventure there lol.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Well, if you ever find the home, boil them lol

I love a good long blizzard in PV. I get so tired of being inside one location that I prep while it rages and leave the first chance I get lol. It would be all to easy to just sit at the farm and get to 500 days, but it would be so boring. Never go hungry, but where's the adventure there lol.

I don't blame you... It drives me nuts being anywhere longer than a few days.

52 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I don't blame you... It drives me nuts being anywhere longer than a few days.

They really are useful though. Build up water supplies, repairs, cook food for the road. In a weird way, they are perfectly designed for preparation. I think the hardest part of blizzards is need to not freeze and to harvest every bit of meat around possible without fear of attack. It's like the devs knew that players wouldn't need time to do these things and gave us opportunities once a week, plus or minus 2 days.

One of my favorite things happened yesterday. Got back to the farm house, killed Tom the bear and his 3 wolf friends, harvested Tom, aura set in, and there were zero predators about. The orchard in the aura is beautiful. Just the open sky and wind. I stood out there until it was bed time, just watching the sky.

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

They really are useful though. Build up water supplies, repairs, cook food for the road. In a weird way, they are perfectly designed for preparation. I think the hardest part of blizzards is need to not freeze and to harvest every bit of meat around possible without fear of attack. It's like the devs knew that players wouldn't need time to do these things and gave us opportunities once a week, plus or minus 2 days.

One of my favorite things happened yesterday. Got back to the farm house, killed Tom the bear and his 3 wolf friends, harvested Tom, aura set in, and there were zero predators about. The orchard in the aura is beautiful. Just the open sky and wind. I stood out there until it was bed time, just watching the sky.

You must be lucky,every time I kill something big I get a blizzard.no matter what it was like seconds before😁

If you'd been on loper there would've been a lot more wolves suddenly turning up to enjoy that aurora with you..  but it's a great place to just watch it though... Stunning isn't it😊

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

You must be lucky,every time I kill something big I get a blizzard.no matter what it was like seconds before😁

If you'd been on loper there would've been a lot more wolves suddenly turning up to enjoy that aurora with you..  but it's a great place to just watch it though... Stunning isn't it😊

There might have been, but I killed the whole lot that were there. Nearest wolf would have been by the outbuildings. Pretty sure they'll respawn shortly.

It was one of the few times a blizzard didn't roll in. But I guess rng decided aura as my physical threat vs blizzard. To bad it didn't account for every wolf and bear being dead within a mile. Also, I can't be sure if this, but it feels like if you kite wolves to a deer area, they stay there with the easy food and don't come back unless you give them a reason too. The wolves that live behind the house have moved to wooded area across the back snow road. I find a pack over there hunting the deer and just avoid the area unless I need a pelt.

If I was going to experiment with aura wolves, home is the best place for it. Stocked up on everything at the farm. Go ahead, attack me, I can bleed and you can die.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

There might have been, but I killed the whole lot that were there. Nearest wolf would have been by the outbuildings. Pretty sure they'll respawn shortly.

It was one of the few times a blizzard didn't roll in. But I guess rng decided aura as my physical threat vs blizzard. To bad it didn't account for every wolf and bear being dead within a mile. Also, I can't be sure if this, but it feels like if you kite wolves to a deer area, they stay there with the easy food and don't come back unless you give them a reason too. The wolves that live behind the house have moved to wooded area across the back snow road. I find a pack over there hunting the deer and just avoid the area unless I need a pelt.

If I was going to experiment with aura wolves, home is the best place for it. Stocked up on everything at the farm. Go ahead, attack me, I can bleed and you can die.

Well I hardly ever get wolves round the house at all but I think they will return to where they were if you stay indoors or a transition for long enough..  having said that my bear has started changing it's route .it always used to pass the front of the house but this run it's been alternating with the far back of it..  admin said they haven't changed the pathing so maybe a small bug..

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Well I hardly ever get wolves round the house at all but I think they will return to where they were if you stay indoors or a transition for long enough..  having said that my bear has started changing it's route .it always used to pass the front of the house but this run it's been alternating with the far back of it..  admin said they haven't changed the pathing so maybe a small bug..

When I see the bear, usually the orchard, Igrab meat and taunt him. I'm not sure what's a normal behavior around there since I'm constantly his focus.  Having 3 stink lines does amazing things. No matter what, he won't go far.

From what I've seen, they aren't returning. Maybe the bear and I having a few fights out back, plus the food they have, and I don't go kill them glitched them out a little. They just stay back there and kill the deer. But it was a small pack of 2. The one by the out buildings is monstrous. You could get 2 coats from going on in there ready. 

Lol...  I just got attacked by a wolf...third time ever on pilgrim😁.    I've yet to find any damage,at least to me....... Free bunny though😅

Free bunny and a dead wolf somewhere soon!!!!

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

When I see the bear, usually the orchard, Igrab meat and taunt him. I'm not sure what's a normal behavior around there since I'm constantly his focus.  Having 3 stink lines does amazing things. No matter what, he won't go far.

From what I've seen, they aren't returning. Maybe the bear and I having a few fights out back, plus the food they have, and I don't go kill them glitched them out a little. They just stay back there and kill the deer. But it was a small pack of 2. The one by the out buildings is monstrous. You could get 2 coats from going on in there ready. 

Free bunny and a dead wolf somewhere soon!!!!

Possible.   They do like to avoid old yogi... Time will tell I suppose. 

The wolf ran all the way to the shed from the fallen carriage and I haven't seen it since. I followed the blood round to the back of the shed ,then it vanished.  No carcass either.   

But I found a load of ingredients id left at the lodge and had a bit of a cooking session .  (Thanks to a wolf killing a deer on the way up There) would've made more if id had the hammer for the acorns.  

Possible.   They do like to avoid old yogi... Time will tell I suppose. 

The wolf ran all the way to the shed from the fallen carriage and I haven't seen it since. I followed the blood round to the back of the shed ,then it vanished.  No carcass either.   

But I found a load of ingredients id left at the lodge and had a bit of a cooking session .  (Thanks to a wolf killing a deer on the way up There) would've made more if id had the hammer for the acorns.  

But old yogi is fun to play with. Lol

Broken Railroad? I don't know many other lodges lol

I've been out in BRP for some culling. Can't let the TW think they run things and death can come from anywhere at any time lol. https://www.xbox.com/play/media/JHUP5LLJ2Z

But I went exploring in TWM. Left my usual route and wandered, I totally see why so many players love the region. So beautiful and peaceful on a sunny day. And then BRP called my name lol.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

But old yogi is fun to play with. Lol

Broken Railroad? I don't know many other lodges lol

I've been out in BRP for some culling. Can't let the TW think they run things and death can come from anywhere at any time lol. https://www.xbox.com/play/media/JHUP5LLJ2Z

But I went exploring in TWM. Left my usual route and wandered, I totally see why so many players love the region. So beautiful and peaceful on a sunny day. And then BRP called my name lol.

I think he's better asleep ,or on a plate😁

Sorry,yes in broken railroad..  

Twm is a great place, lots of lot helps but it does have great views and can be a lovely walk. 

Nice shot 😊👍. (good job I checked that last bit before saving😅)

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I think he's better asleep ,or on a plate😁

Sorry,yes in broken railroad..  

Twm is a great place, lots of lot helps but it does have great views and can be a lovely walk. 

Nice shot 😊👍. (good job I checked that last bit before saving😅)

I love going somewhere out of the way and finding I've left myself spoiled rotten meat and a ton of water. Even though I hardly remember where I've gone and what I've done.

I wish there were a few more locations to experience there. I'm really spoiled by PV and the land to navigate. Other regions just don't have the space lol. But I'm definitely going to spend so much more time in TWM. 

Ty, after I killed his 2 buddies he was wandering alone and ran away when I got close. Had to get sneaky and ambush him from afar.

Murphy has more to answer for than they realize. Jerk doesn't play nice at all lol

• Upvote 2

A few more rose hips from me, completely unrelated to the topic at hand :D.

I’m curious as to which is better, improvised down bedroll or bearskin bedroll? It would be nice if the bearskin bedroll needed down as well, either for the main recipe or for an upgraded version.

And where exactly is the entrance to PV from CH? Is it the Cinder Hills mine or a different one? I ask because I was just in Cinder Hills and it stopped at an elevator, and then wandered all the way back to the Ravine looking for another mine :D.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

I’m curious as to which is better, improvised down bedroll or bearskin bedroll? It would be nice if the bearskin bedroll needed down as well, either for the main recipe or for an upgraded version.

And where exactly is the entrance to PV from CH? Is it the Cinder Hills mine or a different one? I ask because I was just in Cinder Hills and it stopped at an elevator, and then wandered all the way back to the Ravine looking for another mine :D.

Cinder Hills has 2 mines. The one that with the elevator in CH is the fabled aura mine of death. The other one you're looking for is about half way through the region and in the very top section. If you know where the abandoned lookout is, face the water. Head right down the road. Beware of wolves.

I need to gather more rose hips. I think I've only got 3 brewed and less than 5 prepared. I get lots of sprains.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

According to @Leeanda the improvised is less weight with only a degree or two off the warmth bonus of the bear skin roll. I haven't really used the bear skin or crafted an improvised roll.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I love going somewhere out of the way and finding I've left myself spoiled rotten meat and a ton of water. Even though I hardly remember where I've gone and what I've done.

I wish there were a few more locations to experience there. I'm really spoiled by PV and the land to navigate. Other regions just don't have the space lol. But I'm definitely going to spend so much more time in TWM. 

Ty, after I killed his 2 buddies he was wandering alone and ran away when I got close. Had to get sneaky and ambush him from afar.

Murphy has more to answer for than they realize. Jerk doesn't play nice at all lol

The more you play the more familiar you'll get with places...even if like me you can't remember  half the names😁 But t does take a while though..  

Twm is a smorgasbord for you😁.  Lots of wolves,bears ,moose and deer...  Don't know about ptarmigans but with all those high ridges I'd be surprised if there wasn't lots.

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

The more you play the more familiar you'll get with places...even if like me you can't remember  half the names😁 But t does take a while though..  

Twm is a smorgasbord for you😁.  Lots of wolves,bears ,moose and deer...  Don't know about ptarmigans but with all those high ridges I'd be surprised if there wasn't lots.

I remember I good bit of the names of I'm a frequent visitor to the area. Just not if I've been there recently or what's there lol. 

I've found a few flocks on TWM. If you head left from Climbers Cabin and up the frozen creek towards the bear area there's Andre's Peak, found several up there. Found a pretty large flock by the summit plane. I need to check out Eric's Falls, yes I had to look that up lol, and see what's there, I've never been. The location I've found the ptarmigan is by Climbers Cave in AC. One flock on the frozen lake marsh thing, and one flock near the route to the prepper bunker in AC. Both are close to one another.

TWM has so much to gather. I keep finding containers I've not ravaged and keep going so over weight lol I think it's kinda crazy that there's a container full of can openers lol. 6 in one box lol 

• Upvote 1

Oh I see. Apologies.  I forget both 😁.  

I'm looking forward to seeing any ptarmigans,  hoping the fix will be soon.  It's odd hearing them but not getting them..

Twm has so much stuff you could probably live there longer than anywhere else I reckon.  As long as you have enough metal anyway.. . Good job you've got all those can openers😁

I wonder why they are on the stats list...

33 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Oh I see. Apologies.  I forget both 😁.  

I'm looking forward to seeing any ptarmigans,  hoping the fix will be soon.  It's odd hearing them but not getting them..

Twm has so much stuff you could probably live there longer than anywhere else I reckon.  As long as you have enough metal anyway.. . Good job you've got all those can openers😁

I wonder why they are on the stats list...

I think can openers are like other tools. You leave them at your bases for when you need them. They are also an enabler. They allow you to create the empty cans giving access to water. I think it's more for interloper though. As a mark of exploration.

It's ok. No offense taken. Memory comes and goes lol

I could stay there quite a while in TWM. There's enough of what's important for hunting that I could possibly go 100 with my current set up. Maybe. I don't know all the region, so I could easily die lol.

4 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think can openers are like other tools. You leave them at your bases for when you need them. They are also an enabler. They allow you to create the empty cans giving access to water. I think it's more for interloper though. As a mark of exploration.

It's ok. No offense taken. Memory comes and goes lol

I could stay there quite a while in TWM. There's enough of what's important for hunting that I could possibly go 100 with my current set up. Maybe. I don't know all the region, so I could easily die lol.

Possibly but then hammers and hacksaws should be on the list.... I just think it's silly having can openers on the stats page😁  

If voyager loot is the same as pilgrim I doubt you'd need to hunt. But I've never had the patience to think of staying anywhere for that long.... 4 days is my limit😁

All those predators ,yes it's a dangerous place to be ...beautiful but deadly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

If you know where the abandoned lookout is, face the water.

I’m rather ashamed to admit I don’t , or at least not anymore 😀. I haven’t spent any serious time in CH in… oh, about 6 years I reckon. I feel old…

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think I've only got 3 brewed and less than 5 prepared.

I always carry around a dozen each of prepared ‘hips and ‘shrooms, they’re easy to carry and quick to make. Loot goblin habits, but a kilo of carry capacity is nothing compared to the trade off of 24 on-demand hot teas 😁.