Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

It's nearly always bad weather after you kill something....  That's Murphy's law 😊 

My favourite has always been Desolation, and I'm lucky because it crops up more than the rest.

I need to look up the sound track. The games music really does make the intense moments make you feel the weight of a mistake before it happens. It's so good at warning you of the danger.

Murphy needs to change their law.😂

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Always happy to try and help out a fellow survivor.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I think I'm on page 3 or 4 of your current run. There's so much to unpack in the post with the links and your run is so detailed. 

I've got a bunch of mini bases everywhere with water, cattails and a pile of meat. Sometimes I'll have a little base like that in every corner of a map I frequent. I try to keep all the workbench stuff at a workbench. My main base is the Farm House in PV, but I feel like I'm never there. Special variants I find get taken there.  Forges have hammers and saws. I don't have a certain area I head to in any region I frequent but PV(Farm) and AC(Climbers Cave). Every other place I go visit I generally stay where I feel like or what's closest to the most recent kill. I hunt bears for giggles so most bases are pretty close to bear territories, not the wisest by any means but I understand and accept the risk and danger every time I exit a base.

When carrying tea and coffee do you feel the need to have more than one or two of each?  minus rose hips cause I get allot of sprains.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, yollarbenibekler said:

Btw @ManicManiac probably the most prepped and organized fellow in this forum, I suspect he/she has physical folders of topics and discussions in organized shelves somewhere in his/her bunker. Thanks for everything!

No joke at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they have weather graphs somewhere they created. The level of detail I'm just beginning to read is bonkers. I haven't played that much in my free time since I got the links. So much detail.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I need to look up the sound track. The games music really does make the intense moments make you feel the weight of a mistake before it happens. It's so good at warning you of the danger.

Murphy needs to change their law.😂 

There's plenty of videos on tube, but I know you can buy the soundtrack too. ..

and those creepy moments, . This game could be a horror game....

Just occasionally though it can be inconvenient, like when you're listening for crows😊.   

Lol.  ..   but that's kind of the point of Murphy😁 

my fave😊 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I'll trust advice over my guts sometimes in this game. My guts lead me to billy goat down some really dumb things. I wish there was a stat that was kept of your further fall or jump.  I've made it through some massive falls that I thought were going to kill me. At least with the advice I've taken, I've gone and looked at y'all's posting history. If I thought y'all were trolling, I'd risk the gut feeling. But if you're going to give me good advice, weather I can pull it off or not, I'll try it.

59 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

this is my favourite loading screen music, but I couldn't find the actual video . I used to spend ages just watching that wolf sniffing round the community centre😁

This is so haunting. I feel the weight of the dead and dying. There's no hopeful feeling. Just the warm embrace of dispar and gloom. I absolutely love it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

@FaT McMarlin

You remind me of me way back when I first joined the Forum :).

^^

Slightly lost but somehow not freezing in a blizzard? Lol. J/k I honestly wasn't sure if giant conversations like this would happen. Didn't have a clue for so long in where to look for just general discussions. There's so many specific posting sections it's slightly daunting assuming you're right. But this community is way more friendly than the game that brought us together.  TLD is trying to kill your run every time. Success is not guaranteed. You must make it happen.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

There's plenty of videos on tube, but I know you can buy the soundtrack too. ..

and those creepy moments, . This game could be a horror game....

Just occasionally though it can be inconvenient, like when you're listening for crows😊.   

Lol.  ..   but that's kind of the point of Murphy😁 

my fave😊 

I've thought of this game as a horror game since I started to play. I'm not a survival game player and started with Wintermute.  Mathis is prime evil. The wolves eating the dead. The evidence of Molly's handiwork everywhere. The kill or be killed nature of this game is true horror. Survival isn't pretty. Nothing elegant about it. But what really makes this game a horror game is death at every corner. You don't know if the next hill you crest has a bear just chilling. A wolf stalking closer to you or a moose just being to close to back off. Your death can come at any time. Prepared or not.

Also I really do wish PV in survival was like PV in Wintermute. I was really disappointed that the TW weren't there in survival mode. There would then be a solid barrier of TW with no real safe way from East to West. I think I need to get to BRP soon. My itch for pack fighting is becoming un-ignorable.

Edited by FaT McMarlin
Proof reading is hard
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

This is so haunting. I feel the weight of the dead and dying. There's no hopeful feeling. Just the warm embrace of dispar and gloom. I absolutely love it. 

I know a lot of people prefer the first episodes music but this one has always stuck with me... 

The second video I  posted has some very forlorn music(which I wrongly stated as winter mute). 

Some of the pieces I've actually never heard before, or if I have it was quite some time again..  

@ManicManiac has certainly got the experience and knowledge to help you, he's saved my butt a few times.   For which I'm extremely grateful.😊.    

I've been on the receiving end of trolls and   he certainly wasn't one of them...   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I know a lot of people prefer the first episodes music but this one has always stuck with me... 

The second video I  posted has some very forlorn music(which I wrongly stated as winter mute). 

Some of the pieces I've actually never heard before, or if I have it was quite some time again..  

@ManicManiac has certainly got the experience and knowledge to help you, he's saved my butt a few times.   For which I'm extremely grateful.😊.    

I've been on the receiving end of trolls and   he certainly wasn't one of them...   

Not for this game, but if you sit and listen with your eyes closed, and you don't picture TLD I don't know if you really play lol half the words remind me of trying to navigate a blizzard or the sounds of predator struggles. Maybe it's just me, but this song make me feel the haunting nature of the game and the moments of pure natural violence this game brings. No right, no wrong. Live or die. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I've thought of this game as a horror game since I started to play. I'm not a survival game player and started with Wintermute.  Mathis is prime evil. The wolves eating the dead. The evidence of Molly's handiwork everywhere. The kill or be killed nature of this game is true horror. Survival isn't pretty. Nothing elegant about it. But what really makes this game a horror game is death at every corner. You don't know if the next hill you crest has a bear just chilling. A wolf stalking closer to you or a moose just being to close to back off. Your death can come at any time. Prepared or not.

Also I really do wish PV in survival was like PV in Wintermute. I was really disappointed that the TW weren't there in survival mode. There would then be a solid barrier of TW with no real safe way from East to West. I think I need to get to BRP soon. My itch for pack fighting is becoming un-ignorable.

I know what you mean, but I think for me it's the feelings you get..  the teddy bear in the crib in the dark attic room,  the echoes in the dam,  the whispers in the caves..  there have been a few odd noises in the game over the years too... Planes flying overhead, footsteps behind you in the snow..I've even heard what sounded like sniper shots pinging past my head..    I'd like to see the crows sitting on tree stumps watching as we pass..  

I agree about the twolves in pv.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm very grateful for all the advice I've been given. Doesn't seem like much when you glance at it, but it's subtle like the game. You got to learn to do it yourself. There's no team. Your choices don't effect my game play and vice versa.

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I'm very grateful for all the advice I've been given. Doesn't seem like much when you glance at it, but it's subtle like the game. You got to learn to do it yourself. There's no team. Your choices don't effect my game play and vice versa.

I know you have to learn in your own way, I still am learning..  but there are some things that aren't obvious or can get missed.. I suppose it depends on how far you want to analyze everything.. some players will discover everything they can right down to coding if possible ..   

I certainly wasn't implying you should do things in anyone else's way...  That's the beauty of this game,we can play how we like,and there's no right or wrong way.. my apologies if I offended.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I know you have to learn in your own way, I still am learning..  but there are some things that aren't obvious or can get missed.. I suppose it depends on how far you want to analyze everything.. some players will discover everything they can right down to coding if possible ..   

I certainly wasn't implying you should do things in anyone else's way...  That's the beauty of this game,we can play how we like,and there's no right or wrong way.. my apologies if I offended.

No apologies necessary. I have no idea what you would need to apologies for. I really talk in obscure circles. I did not intend to come across as offended. You've made me feel right at home in the forum and nothing but encouraging since I started posting.

I marvel at how we can all play the game differently with each choice being important. I don't get into the finer details. I don't know what wind speeds blow fire out. I couldn't help a new survivor pick the right clothing for their run. I'm sure there are players out there who could tell you the approximate degree you need to face with your back to the wind to block your torch. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

No apologies necessary. I have no idea what you would need to apologies for. I really talk in obscure circles. I did not intend to come across as offended. You've made me feel right at home in the forum and nothing but encouraging since I started posting.

I marvel at how we can all play the game differently with each choice being important. I don't get into the finer details. I don't know what wind speeds blow fire out. I couldn't help a new survivor pick the right clothing for their run. I'm sure there are players out there who could tell you the approximate degree you need to face with your back to the wind to block your torch. 

Good to know,thank you. 😊

That's why I play custom,  if there's something you like you can ramp it up but something  you find annoying can be removed..  I'm one of those who find the wind annoying so I turned it low ages ago, and now I purely keep it low because I found that  I love the silent blizzards.  I upped the wolves because I can hardly ever find any if I don't, etc...  But the decisions we make during play are definitely the game changing ones...    or ending ones. 

If I was in anything other than pilgrim I wouldn't be making a mad dash to kill those twolves like you are, that's for sure😁.    Never mind the bear....   

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I know what you mean, but I think for me it's the feelings you get..  the teddy bear in the crib in the dark attic room,  the echoes in the dam,  the whispers in the caves..  there have been a few odd noises in the game over the years too... Planes flying overhead, footsteps behind you in the snow..I've even heard what sounded like sniper shots pinging past my head..    I'd like to see the crows sitting on tree stumps watching as we pass..  

I agree about the twolves in pv.  

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's heard those sounds. Especially in the more remote regions. I swear I've heard the screaming associated with bear maulings carried by the wind. Weird growling when you're alone. 

#Spoilers

As for planes overhead: I believe they are flying above. I think the aura disruption is linked to the gadget in the unreleased mine. They created a mag field and when the first flare happened your plane crashed. Days later, during the aura that gets Mac on the radio is what brings down the plane in TWM and PV.  The whole world is still carrying on as usual. GBI is assumed abandoned and avoided, so no one knows what's happening. No one will ever know about the distortion of the electronics till it's to late. I believe there's a limit to the disruption area and if you're flying above it, you're safe. To low and you're GBIs newest resident. I think the plane that crashed was going to use the FA to land in a storm that caused engine failure. When they got low and were coming in to land they entered the islands magnetic field and lost everything, clipped the TWM s summit and split in half giving us Astrids episode.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Good to know,thank you. 😊

That's why I play custom,  if there's something you like you can ramp it up but something  you find annoying can be removed..  I'm one of those who find the wind annoying so I turned it low ages ago, and now I purely keep it low because I found that  I love the silent blizzards.  I upped the wolves because I can hardly ever find any if I don't, etc...  But the decisions we make during play are definitely the game changing ones...    or ending ones. 

If I was in anything other than pilgrim I wouldn't be making a mad dash to kill those twolves like you are, that's for sure😁.    Never mind the bear....   

I've got adrenaline issues and with so little control over anything in the game. Controlling combat is all I have. That little bit of control goes so far when you're at the mercy of nature's furry.

• Upvote 1

We're always alone.... 😁👻.     I'm glad there aren't ghosts,can you image all those dead animals haunting you wherever you go..  

Maybe you're right about the planes...   

I've always thought that maybe the whole world was the same .

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1