Survivor talk, might have spoilers.

FaT McMarlin

2 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I've got adrenaline issues and with so little control over anything in the game. Controlling combat is all I have. That little bit of control goes so far when you're at the mercy of nature's furry.

Im Not knocking it or you.  I'm glad you're enjoying it. .  I know what you mean though,  we have to do what we can. Beat them before it beats you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Leeanda said:

Im Not knocking it or you.  I'm glad you're enjoying it. .  I know what you mean though,  we have to do what we can. Beat them before it beats you.

I never thought you were. Your game will never be like mine. Even if we're in the same loot table. The beautiful hidden gem of no one way is right. No one way is wrong. 

I really do believe the rest of the world had zero idea this is happening on the island. I assume we're miles off the coast so there's no escape once you're here. Any vessel coming for you will never leave. To far to row. Tides all bring you to the island shore so you can't float away. Every last ounce of nature's wrath is encompassing the island. Like nature knows it made a mistake and it's trying to fix it. Like it says in the interloper difficulty description: you're not welcome, you're not apart of the plan, nature is trying to right itself and you're the reason it can't. You must be eliminated. I can't wait to see what the mine brings us story wise. Personally, Wintermute happened years before survival mode story wise. The survivors of the first few flares band together and row away. You're really the only living human there. No one believes the rumors on the main land. Not even you, and well, you go to investigate and well, the rumors were very real and now you're trapped there. I also think Wintermute should end with Will and possibly Astrid dying. I think Will and Jace should be found frozen beside the river. Will still clutching the case. I'd love to see Mathis get eaten by TW. In a weird way there could also be time travel allowed through the gadget. Methuselah is Will from a different future where he didn't jump into the water and finished Mathis by throwing him into the river. He's there to witness a timeline that's not his own, to see if his choices were the right ones. What happened if he chooses another path. 

Either that or this is all just a fever dream of a dying Will or Astrid in Milton. The last hallucinations as the brain shuts down dehydrated and starving, laying in the snow with injuries to excessive to move.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Doesn't seem like much when you glance at it, but it's subtle like the game.

If you do have more specific questions or want to discuss particular strategies & situations, just let us know.
Last time I was just giving a more fundamental kind of strat.  Nothing groundbreaking, I suppose... but in answer to your question, it's one that helped me the most as I was learning to survive on Great Bear Island.

The next was my Evade and Avoid strats... but those came with time and more experience with the wildlife.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I never thought you were. Your game will never be like mine. Even if we're in the same loot table. The beautiful hidden gem of no one way is right. No one way is wrong. 

I really do believe the rest of the world had zero idea this is happening on the island. I assume we're miles off the coast so there's no escape once you're here. Any vessel coming for you will never leave. To far to row. Tides all bring you to the island shore so you can't float away. Every last ounce of nature's wrath is encompassing the island. Like nature knows it made a mistake and it's trying to fix it. Like it says in the interloper difficulty description: you're not welcome, you're not apart of the plan, nature is trying to right itself and you're the reason it can't. You must be eliminated. I can't wait to see what the mine brings us story wise. Personally, Wintermute happened years before survival mode story wise. The survivors of the first few flares band together and row away. You're really the only living human there. No one believes the rumors on the main land. Not even you, and well, you go to investigate and well, the rumors were very real and now you're trapped there. I also think Wintermute should end with Will and possibly Astrid dying. I think Will and Jace should be found frozen beside the river. Will still clutching the case. I'd love to see Mathis get eaten by TW. In a weird way there could also be time travel allowed through the gadget. Methuselah is Will from a different future where he didn't jump into the water and finished Mathis by throwing him into the river. He's there to witness a timeline that's not his own, to see if his choices were the right ones. What happened if he chooses another path. 

Either that or this is all just a fever dream of a dying Will or Astrid in Milton. The last hallucinations as the brain shuts down dehydrated and starving, laying in the snow with injuries to excessive to move.

I hope will and Astrid and all the others end up staying there and rebuilding the island.  Without Mathis,.

I really don't want an episode where it's just him chasing will everywhere..    or anything alieny... the latest music does have a kind of  x-files vibe to it....  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

If you do have more specific questions or want to discuss particular strategies & situations, just let us know.
Last time I was just giving a more fundamental kind of strat.  Nothing groundbreaking, I suppose... but in answer to your question, it's one that helped me the most as I was learning to survive on Great Bear Island.

The next was my Evade and Avoid strats... but those came with time and more experience with the wildlife.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

I have a hard time evading. I'm drawn to the combative elements. I bull rush packs of TW for fun. Taunt bears for giggles. The violence of the encounters is so ultimate. One of the two of you is dying. How ruthless in the face of death can I actually be? Can I hold back the panic? Will my instincts keep me going or is this a proper learning experience? I hardly retreat. I set ambushes and execute them. I bleed, come closer and closer to death, TW got me to 14 heath just a few weeks ago, I like to walk hand in hand with the more dangerous aspects of the wildlife in this game.

As a newer player, the nothing ground breaking as far as advice goes is perfect. There's still so much to learn, new ways to discover. Sometimes the most mundane in appearance as discussing fundamental practices can guide someone else. I find it hard to pin point any specific questions, but the general experience post are very welcomed. Routes, places to visit, tactics ECT can all be picked up if I try to remain teachable and attentive. There's a lesson to be learned everywhere.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I hope will and Astrid and all the others end up staying there and rebuilding the island.  Without Mathis,.

I really don't want an episode where it's just him chasing will everywhere..    or anything alieny... the latest music does have a kind of  x-files vibe to it....  

I don't want another chase episode but a separation until the final encounter. You get to stalk them. You watch, you study. You're the ghost in the trees. You're the living embodiment of retribution and justice for their crimes. I could also be just as happy with an anti climatic end for Mathis. Find him full of Molly's wooden gifts.

So if they rebuild the island, where are they in survival mode? Is the island so vast that we never see them?  Do you consider the two modes separate all together? 

I haven't watched much x files so I will have to go and give some ost a listen. Methuselah has given me weird vibes from the get go. Maybe he's the mistake nature is trying to erase. The reason nature is so set on your death. It's not you nature wants, but him. You're just stuck in the middle fighting for survival. 

The depth of lore is left to so much interpretation by ones self.

• Upvote 2

I'd love to see Mathis as a human porcupine😁.   Molly can rest in peace after that finale..

I see the residents of each area staying where they are,. Like father Thomas and the crash survivors staying in pv  etc... But will and Astrid become nomadic and fix up the small places as they travel  together,never staying anywhere for too long.  Kind of like they do in survival. 

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see Mathis as a human porcupine😁.   Molly can rest in peace after that finale..

I see the residents of each area staying where they are,. Like father Thomas and the crash survivors staying in pv  etc... But will and Astrid become nomadic and fix up the small places as they travel  together,never staying anywhere for too long.  Kind of like they do in survival. 

I think Molly will out live us all.

If that's true, with other people still out there, it would be cool to see tracks in the snow or a distinct figure outline in the distance. I think it would be cool to see Father Thomas in the church or community center. A house would be open but locked as it's his. Get a hot meal and words of encouragement. Dead deer when you're starving, on lower difficulties, full of arrows, dies just over a hill where you can hear it. Boot prints can be found some 25 yards away. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I think Molly will out live us all.

If that's true, with other people still out there, it would be cool to see tracks in the snow or a distinct figure outline in the distance. I think it would be cool to see Father Thomas in the church or community center. A house would be open but locked as it's his. Get a hot meal and words of encouragement. Dead deer when you're starving, on lower difficulties, full of arrows, dies just over a hill where you can hear it. Boot prints can be found some 25 yards away. 

I didn't mean she'd die, just  finally be at peace with herself....  Not likely though knowing her😁 

I did start a thread actually....called What ending would you like to have...... Some very interesting ideas on it.🙂

I like the idea of will and Astrid keeping a distant eye on the townsfolk, protecting them from afar ,as it were...

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I didn't mean she'd die, just  finally be at peace with herself....  Not likely though knowing her😁 

I did start a thread actually....called What ending would you like to have...... Some very interesting ideas on it.🙂

I like the idea of will and Astrid keeping a distant eye on the townsfolk, protecting them from afar ,as it were...

I don't think Molly will be happy until new life returns to the island. Weather it's through the survivors starting families or people able to move to the island and good returns. She seems logical in her thoughts, but the pragmatism of the situation leaves her no choice but a natural neutral chaotic life. She the islands true protector. Live and let live, cross the line and force her hand. She seems to want peace and quite, the world around her requires her to the opposite. I'd love to see her return in Wintermute.

10 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I don't think Molly will be happy until new life returns to the island. Weather it's through the survivors starting families or people able to move to the island and good returns. She seems logical in her thoughts, but the pragmatism of the situation leaves her no choice but a natural neutral chaotic life. She the islands true protector. Live and let live, cross the line and force her hand. She seems to want peace and quite, the world around her requires her to the opposite. I'd love to see her return in Wintermute.

Hopefully picking off the convicts ,one by one..   that I'd like😊.  

She's one messed up lady.... 

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Hopefully picking off the convicts ,one by one..   that I'd like😊.  

She's one messed up lady.... 

Hopefully. I'd love to see her  again. See what she has to say about what's happened over episode 4. See who else she's kept away from Astrid and Will if she ever finds them. 

I hope with episode 5 we get a few new regions. Will is west of BRP. Astrid is north in PM. That leaves TWM and an empty space in the map for PM on the coast and another region in between. Unless PM ends up being FA sized and the connector region is small like the mine from PV to CH. I wonder where the quarantine zone is? I wonder what's being quarantined? What's the connection to SV? 

You got the wolf packs. They fine know what's about to hit them!!!!

Screenshot_20230710-092334~2.png

Screenshot_20230710-092308~2.png

3 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Hopefully. I'd love to see her  again. See what she has to say about what's happened over episode 4. See who else she's kept away from Astrid and Will if she ever finds them. 

I hope with episode 5 we get a few new regions. Will is west of BRP. Astrid is north in PM. That leaves TWM and an empty space in the map for PM on the coast and another region in between. Unless PM ends up being FA sized and the connector region is small like the mine from PV to CH. I wonder where the quarantine zone is? I wonder what's being quarantined? What's the connection to SV? 

You got the wolf packs. They fine know what's about to hit them!!!!

Screenshot_20230710-092334~2.png

Screenshot_20230710-092308~2.png

Wills got a very long walk I'm guessing but it'll be fun finding out. Looking forward to seeing preserverance mills.  

I haven't finished signal void yet so I've no idea what's going on with that..

31 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Wills got a very long walk I'm guessing but it'll be fun finding out. Looking forward to seeing preserverance mills.  

I haven't finished signal void yet so I've no idea what's going on with that..

He's got a very long and dangerous walk. I really hope we go to TWM with Will and there's nothing but TW. Dead bear and deer carcasses every location possible. Make TWM the most terror filled story region ever. Death around every tree lol. Maybe have a new territory west of BRP utilizing the rushing water. Watershed Wetlands sounds lovely. Just canyons and ravines filled with running water. Trees and bridges are your only way across. Few buildings like Bricklayers Retreat that offer almost no warmth, few hunter blinds, one fire watch tower that's got no roof. Vast open wasteland half frozen half instant hypothermia. Only the caves will save you! But it's bear territory. Bears like fresh fish, if it was FA sized, I'd have 8 to 10 bears active around the water fishing. No wolves, maybe 4 deer, just an enormous bear population. I think my game ideas tend to be predator heavy lol.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

He's got a very long and dangerous walk. I really hope we go to TWM with Will and there's nothing but TW. Dead bear and deer carcasses every location possible. Make TWM the most terror filled story region ever. Death around every tree lol. Maybe have a new territory west of BRP utilizing the rushing water. Watershed Wetlands sounds lovely. Just canyons and ravines filled with running water. Trees and bridges are your only way across. Few buildings like Bricklayers Retreat that offer almost no warmth, few hunter blinds, one fire watch tower that's got no roof. Vast open wasteland half frozen half instant hypothermia. Only the caves will save you! But it's bear territory. Bears like fresh fish, if it was FA sized, I'd have 8 to 10 bears active around the water fishing. No wolves, maybe 4 deer, just an enormous bear population. I think my game ideas tend to be predator heavy lol.

Lol. I'd noticed😁.   Sounds like Green hell 😊

Most of that sounds like hrv.  I'm stuck on a cliff edge, snow shelter seriously bugged, had to reload to get out..  now I'm stuck ,no idea where I am and no place to sleep😁.  

I imagine though that whatever small areas are left will probably be transition zones. 

And we have no idea how long Astrid was floating around in that boat for..  or even why she was in it in the first place, maybe there's an island we don't know about and that's where perseverance  is.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

Plot twist: TLD is a zombie game after all ;). (Although I hope not…)

I'll probably stop playing. I'm tired of zombie games. Happy the appeal of TLD is that very fact No zombies. Just you vs mother nature. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it's an ancient virus thawed from the tundra that's destroying all lives it touches. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I imagine though that whatever small areas are left will probably be transition zones. 

And we have no idea how long Astrid was floating around in that boat for..  or even why she was in it in the first place, maybe there's an island we don't know about and that's where perseverance  is.

So GBI is apart of an archipelago? That would be so freaking awesome!!!! Imagine needing a ice bridge to freeze over every night or once a week to get there or back!!! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

So GBI is apart of an archipelago? That would be so freaking awesome!!!! Imagine needing a ice bridge to freeze over every night or once a week to get there or back!!! 

Thought I'd replied to this this morning... I'm still half asleep apparently 😁

It would be good to have an island somewhere, not sure if I'd want to get stuck on it for long though. about 4 days is my usual limit before I have to move around.. 

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Thought I'd replied to this this morning... I'm still half asleep apparently 😁

It would be good to have an island somewhere, not sure if I'd want to get stuck on it for long though. about 4 days is my usual limit before I have to move around.. 

I don't think I have a limit of being in one place. I just go with whatever I feel like. There are things that I've found take planning, like going to the forge or into TW territory. I also will set off with nothing but a weapon and 10 cattail stalks for food and end up on the other side is GBI without any issue. 

Would this new island be single or multi region?

8 minutes ago, FaT McMarlin said:

I don't think I have a limit of being in one place. I just go with whatever I feel like. There are things that I've found take planning, like going to the forge or into TW territory. I also will set off with nothing but a weapon and 10 cattail stalks for food and end up on the other side is GBI without any issue. 

Would this new island be single or multi region?

Well if it's perseverance mills I'd expect it to be big, but considering it'd be risky and time consuming to get there it'd have to be worth it either way...  If not pm then maybe multi , with extra added risk.. 

Side note.... Have you found any burdock or acorns/trees in pv..  in my searches I haven't really looked but now I am looking and there aren't any so far. I've covered the entire west side of pv so far.

Edited by Leeanda

Well if it's perseverance mills I'd expect it to be big, but considering it'd be risky and time consuming to get there it'd have to be worth it either way...  If not pm then maybe multi , with extra added risk.. 

Side note.... Have you found any burdock or acorns/trees in pv..  in my searches I haven't really looked but now I am looking and there aren't any so far. I've covered the entire west side of pv so far.

Only one or two burdock. I honestly don't remember with acorns. I don't stop to gather them. The best place I've found so far was a grove of 3 in FA

Side side note:  first time in Milton Basin without a blizzard. What a sweet little outdoor base for stop overs on the way to FM.

• Upvote 1