New food items – where to store them?

musrass

From a limited check with UnityExplorer mod, carrots and potatoes appear to not have any decay rate. I might be wrong.

Anything cooked needs to be stored outside just like the meats.

The broth has a decay rate as well, to be stored outside.

Edited by thekillergreece

I'd expect flour would be inside storage (dry place)

The expansion to the cooking system has been great. Hopefully Hinterland will take a pass at decay and item storage when they start working on 'safehouse customization'. With the current 'exploits' (never use containers, can cook ruined food, never get sick at level 5) decay isn't all that impactful. 

3 hours ago, Dx421 said:

With the current 'exploits' (never use containers, can cook ruined food, never get sick at level 5) decay isn't all that impactful. 

I think the concern is, if "food ingredients" spoil, can they still be used as an "ingredient" to cook with.

18 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I think the concern is, if "food ingredients" spoil, can they still be used as an "ingredient" to cook with.

I've seen comments that ruined flour could still be used, although I haven't tested yet for myself.

My biggest curiosity is the potatoes and carrots though - Those are required in some of the special recipes and they seem fairly limited (at least in the settings I play at)

Just wanted to mention - in my experience ruined 0% food is still totally usable in recipes with 0% effect on food quality outcome. Seen it with broth, seen it with flour, etc. so my 2 cents is to store them wherever makes your base look best! Just don't store them inside containers as they disappear once they hit 0%.

note: was cooking 5 at the time of the update, probably doesn't affect anything but just so it's out there.

Edited by Lumi
  • Upvote 3
  • Like 2