Your least stressful area?

hozz1235

Thinking in terms of a whole region, it would be Coastal Highway.  Travelling on the ice provides for good sight distance. Once I stock fuel and food at each fishing hut I can vastly expand my potential bases.  Presently in game I am returning to CH with a pile of loot to just chill out with some beach combing.

• Like 1

Mine is TWM - Mountaineer's Hut. It has everything I need, all in a nice and cozy little box on the lake.

On the other hand...I debated saying Camp office, but the number of Interloper attempts ended by a surprise wolf in Mystery Lake is too damn high.

• Upvote 2

I will modify my earlier post that I thought CH is most least stressful region.

In terms of an area where I least need to look over my shoulder, I will nominate Trappers Cabin basin.  I have never had the bear spawn in this area during my Voyageur runs.  Wolves just don't appear in the area in front of the cabin even when I am carrying around some meat from the deer that spawn in the Trapper's basin.

Most peaceful?.... Going with Fishing Camp at Coastal Highway, once the bear is dispatched one has to only worry about the occasional wolf spawn . But once you have your level 5 archery it's just more meat to cook while you fish. 

3 hours ago, Ahatch said:

Most peaceful?.... Going with Fishing Camp at Coastal Highway, once the bear is dispatched one has to only worry about the occasional wolf spawn . But once you have your level 5 archery it's just more meat to cook while you fish. 

I certainly agree with your choice of the Fishing Camp at Coastal Highway.  This location is my main base.  When returning after journeying elsewhere the first order of business is always "kill the bear" followed by 15 days of peace provided I keep an eye on the wolf that frequents the dock area.  With a little work that wolf can be lured towards the fishing hut with stones for an easy bow shot.  The long stretch of coast is mostly wolf free for purposes of beach combing. Presently I have piles of meat waiting to be cooked - cooking 5 helps.

• Upvote 1

On 5/25/2023 at 8:55 PM, hozz1235 said:

However you define "stress" in the game, what is the area you feel the most relaxed (least amount of stress)?

For me, I believe it's the Ravine.  No predators, plenty of game, wood, birch bark and caves.

the giant cliff waiting to consume you and end your massive run:

also, my least stressful location is probably the poacher's camp in forlorn muskeg. i know it might sound crazy to hear someone say that they find any place in forlorn muskeg to not be stressful, it's just that, for me at least, the poacher's camp is the staple of any of my forlorn muskeg explorations or startings.

Edited by florpman
  • Like 1