Is it possible that items did not spawn

I’m on a mission to find the Curators Rifle. I have spent roughly 3 weeks in Ash Canyon searching high and low (literally). I’ve checked all the locations listed on the wiki as well as every cave, structure and corpse I can find. I’ve made 3 loops around the upper levels thoroughly checking every corner and am yet to find the rifle.

At this point I’m wondering if there is a chance that the rifle never spawned into the game when I started the run. 

For reference I’m playing on PS4 and do have the TFTFT dlc and began this run after installing the update. 

Thanks for any help you can give. I’m not looking for a specific location as I’m happy to keep searching assuming I’m not just wasting my time if there is a chance of a bug. 

On 5/18/2023 at 3:08 PM, JustMick474 said:

I’m on a mission to find the Curators Rifle. I have spent roughly 3 weeks in Ash Canyon searching high and low (literally). I’ve checked all the locations listed on the wiki as well as every cave, structure and corpse I can find. I’ve made 3 loops around the upper levels thoroughly checking every corner and am yet to find the rifle.

At this point I’m wondering if there is a chance that the rifle never spawned into the game when I started the run. 

For reference I’m playing on PS4 and do have the TFTFT dlc and began this run after installing the update. 

Thanks for any help you can give. I’m not looking for a specific location as I’m happy to keep searching assuming I’m not just wasting my time if there is a chance of a bug. 

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm the Experience Mode you are playing on? 

Sure. I should have included that. I’m playing on Voyager. 

As an addendum, I moved on to try to find Barbs rifle in Coastal Highway but after 20 days was also unable to find it. Am currently moving on to HRV in search of the Woodwrights bow. 

I was able to find the Spelunker’s lantern in addition to the Vaughn’s rifle I already have. FYI

On 5/24/2023 at 6:57 PM, JustMick474 said:

Sure. I should have included that. I’m playing on Voyager. 

As an addendum, I moved on to try to find Barbs rifle in Coastal Highway but after 20 days was also unable to find it. Am currently moving on to HRV in search of the Woodwrights bow. 

I was able to find the Spelunker’s lantern in addition to the Vaughn’s rifle I already have. FYI

Thank you for confirming. It sounds like this merits further investigation, and we would be happy to continue looking into this for you via our Support Portal: http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

On 5/19/2023 at 12:08 AM, JustMick474 said:

As Admin said, it may warrant an investigation from their end.
If it helps, I found it 2 out of 2 runs (Stalker) fairly close to each other:

Just a hint:

Follow the ravens. It was with a corpse in both cases.

POI closeby:

In the same quarter of the map with the goldmine with the technical backpack/crampons

Exact locations:

-The first was near the entrance of the gold mine, following the stream coming out of the gold mine before it falls to the depths there is a corpse, with the rifle next to it. (The corpse may also spawn without the rifle, as in my second run)
-The second was under the Wolf's Jaw Overlook, behind the tree where the road turns right inside the rock towards two consecutive rock climbing walls. Behind the tree was a corpse sitting with the rifle.

Edited by AdamvR

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one going through this issue. I just started a new Pilgrim game since TFTFT Part 3 came out, and this is the SECOND time since TFTFT's initial December 5 release that I've also been unable to find Curator's Rifle in Ash Canyon. This leads me to think there is either a sixth spawning location that nobody has either found or is talking about or the game has a bug regarding not spawning the rifle.  I've submitted my sandbox file via the Support Portal last night in hopes this issue is resolved soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the Forester's Revolver in Bleak Inlet last night. It was

on the dashboard of a truck outside the Echo One radio tower, on the upper mesa in the region.

I have yet to locate the Miner's Flashlight or the new bow, but scuttlebutt is that the bow is in the airfield and I haven't explored there yet so I'm not too worried. The flashlight though, I've THOROUGHLY explored the mines, and had zero luck. Even went so far as to get myself stranded below the Cinder Hills elevator shaft for a few days. Nada.
Edit: Existing save, custom game, Steam.

Edited by ajb1978

30 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I finally found the Forester's Revolver in Bleak Inlet last night. It was

Reveal hidden contents

on the dashboard of a truck outside the Echo One radio tower, on the upper mesa in the region.

I have yet to locate the Miner's Flashlight or the new bow, but scuttlebutt is that the bow is in the airfield and I haven't explored there yet so I'm not too worried. The flashlight though, I've THOROUGHLY explored the mines, and had zero luck. Even went so far as to get myself stranded below the Cinder Hills elevator shaft for a few days. Nada.
Edit: Existing save, custom game, Steam.

That was my thinking with the miners light.. sounds logical but it's not where you'd expect..  having said that it's not where the videos said it would be either.     It's a long walk away from coastal highway..

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That was my thinking with the miners light.. sounds logical but it's not where you'd expect..  having said that it's not where the videos said it would be either.     It's a long walk away from coastal highway..

Well I just finished up my Bleak Inlet investigation, and am now about to settle in to hauling all my new gear up to my home in Milton. I've got half stashed at the Pleasant Valley farmhouse, and the rest at the Camp Office. Then I'll explore the Far Territory and we'll see what's what.

Oooh almost forgot about HRV...gotta go there yet too.

Edited by ajb1978

4 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Well I just finished up my Bleak Inlet investigation, and am now about to settle in to hauling all my new gear up to my home in Milton. I've got half stashed at the Pleasant Valley farmhouse, and the rest at the Camp Office. Then I'll explore the Far Territory and we'll see what's what.

Oooh almost forgot about HRV...gotta go there yet too.

Both the new bow variants are supposed to be in hrv aren't they?    My brief journey there I just ran/goated to the signal bunker without stopping . I hate that place😁.   I'd be interested to know if you find either of them.. or if they're missing too.  

But it sounds like you've got a lot to do before you get anywhere.   At least with the recipes they'll come in handy for the climbing at least... 

27 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

But it sounds like you've got a lot to do before you get anywhere.   At least with the recipes they'll come in handy for the climbing at least... 

Oh, Rose Hip Pies and Peach Pies both restore a whopping 15% Fatigue per pie eaten. And since each pie is only a couple hundred calories, you can very easily restore yourself to a fully-rested state.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Oh, Rose Hip Pies and Peach Pies both restore a whopping 15% Fatigue per pie eaten. And since each pie is only a couple hundred calories, you can very easily restore yourself to a fully-rested state.

Makes the stims pretty useless except for near death situations..      

I made a few peach pies this morning,forgetting about the headaches..  more of a trip than the stims😁.   

I did notice that when I dropped two on the ground they only registered as one until I put them back in inventory again..  

Doesn't something give you more carry weight too?   That's a definite plus for going to places like mountain town.  You could Spiderman you're way up and down for quite a while😁

2 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Doesn't something give you more carry weight too?   That's a definite plus for going to places like mountain town.  You could Spiderman you're way up and down for quite a while😁

Yup rabbit or venison...something or other. I made them in TWM and they were surprisingly useless lol. I mean 3kg sounds great, but if you're moving supplies, you're already loaded for bear and 3kg isn't much of a buff all things considered.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Yup rabbit or venison...something or other. I made them in TWM and they were surprisingly useless lol. I mean 3kg sounds great, but if you're moving supplies, you're already loaded for bear and 3kg isn't much of a buff all things considered.

Maybe good for the beginning of a run then. Before you have the backpack or moose bag..    

I'm always overweight so maybe just a booster when fatigues a bit low. 

I do wish there was a non climbable way to Milton, even if it takes longer.

Edited by Leeanda

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Maybe good for the beginning of a run then. Before you have the backpack or moose bag..    

I'm always overweight so maybe just a booster when fatigues a bit low. 

I do wish there was a non climbable way to Milton, even if it takes longer.

There IS a non climbable way to Milton from Mystery Lake.

If you watch this video you will see how you can get into Milton without using even one rope. Its at 18:51 in the video.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Lone Walker said:

There IS a non climbable way to Milton from Mystery Lake.

If you watch this video you will see how you can get into Milton without using even one rope. Its at 18:51 in the video.

Thank you..  I've seen that before ,it's a bit too risky for me though😊

• Upvote 1

I'm aware of that route as well as Milton is my main base, but I in general prefer to avoid such "hacky" routes. I stick to the ropes, I play by the rules. I CAN evade the rules, sure, but...I don't. (Unless I'm deliberately experimenting on something.)

Edit: Actually my preferred method of ingress is from Milton Basin. Haul my crap in via the Muskeg, and then use the crashed truck and halfway cave to rest up for my climbs. Since Paradise Meadows is like right there at the top of the final ascent, I find it preferable. I can always rest up at home before going down for my next load.

Edited by ajb1978

17 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Same here.. no hunters revolver either.

Yea. Same for me unfortunately so for my run that brings me to
No ptarmigans (saw this is to be fixed in next hotfix)
With the exception of the broken railroad maintenance yard truck: No visor mementos spawned (I rechecked every visor a second time)
Junkers paddock truck visor Polaroid didn’t spawn
Miners Flashlight: Didn’t spawn
Hunters revolver: Didn’t spawn
Costal Fishcakes: Didn’t spawn 
Dockworkers pie: Didn’t spawn

praying they’ll be able to solve the issue and get these into old saves if I have to start again I’m waiting until the entire dlc is out 🫤

• Upvote 2

On 7/5/2023 at 9:12 PM, Enigmaecho said:

praying they’ll be able to solve the issue and get these into old saves if I have to start again I’m waiting until the entire dlc is out 🫤

Having fully re-explored the entire world and come up lacking with most of these, I've resorted to granting myself them via the dev console (a mod). I don't ordinarily do that, but I feel I've earned it having exhausted all legitimate methods of obtaining them.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Having fully re-explored the entire world and come up lacking with most of these, I've resorted to granting myself them via the dev console (a mod). I don't ordinarily do that, but I feel I've earned it having exhausted all legitimate methods of obtaining them.

Would if I could on Xbox, have a feeling these bugs will persist till post dlc because the items that don’t spawn seem totally random to each case 

I started a new game… again on June 18, because there is no way to adjust game settings. I am gradually building up my skills and collecting the items lost again. I am trying to find the Curator’s Rifle in Ash Canyon again. I found it straight away in the last savegame. It really appears to not have spawned in this new playthrough however.

I have searched very thoroughly. Feeling like I may have gone mad I have returned again, for a third or fourth time to all the possible spawn locations that have been found so far and took a screen shot of each location just so I can be sure I am not. It is not in any of them. And like some few other players, I think it has not spawned in my game.

I have mapped the heck out of Ash Canyon. Please let me know if I should give up cause it is not there.

• 2 weeks later...

So items not spawning in older saves is a fact. Seems like some of the items dont spawn in new saves either. 

What is Hinterlands position on this subject? Will this be fixed? Old saves will have the items that are not there? Maybe you can put the items to buy in the trader? Do i have to make a new save every time an update comes out?   Please answer. 

On 7/6/2023 at 4:12 AM, Enigmaecho said:

praying they’ll be able to solve the issue and get these into old saves if I have to start again I’m waiting until the entire dlc is out 🫤

^ THIS

• Upvote 1