Is it possible that items did not spawn

4 hours ago, James Hickok said:

So items not spawning in older saves is a fact. Seems like some of the items dont spawn in new saves either. 

What is Hinterlands position on this subject? Will this be fixed? Old saves will have the items that are not there? Maybe you can put the items to buy in the trader? Do i have to make a new save every time an update comes out?   Please answer. 

^ THIS

They are working to address the issues there is a live patch that resolves the memento and recipe issues on steam allegedly coming to console this week but I’ve seen at least one post saying it didn’t resolve memento for them but idk if they’re on steam or console

• Upvote 2

On 7/5/2023 at 10:12 PM, Enigmaecho said:

praying they’ll be able to solve the issue and get these into old saves if I have to start again I’m waiting until the entire dlc is out 🫤

If there is no fix, this may soon be the prevailing sentiment. I have restarted twice now. Seems like it is becoming a monthly thing, making it impossible to ever make any progress. And of course if I have to restart a new custom game from scratch again in August I will not find out if that effort was in vain until I have put another month into discovering what is missing. An official save-game editor would fix some of the worst consequences of these bugs.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, dahemac said:

If there is no fix, this may soon be the prevailing sentiment. I have restarted twice now. Seems like it is becoming a monthly thing, making it impossible to ever make any progress. And of course if I have to restart a new custom game from scratch again in August I will not find out if that effort was in vain until I have put another month into discovering what is missing. An official save-game editor would fix some of the worst consequences of these bugs.

we will have to wait and see once this update comes to console, first place im heading is junkers paddock, if the Polaroids not there I’m going to break something 😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Enigmaecho said:

They are working to address the issues there is a live patch that resolves the memento and recipe issues on steam allegedly coming to console this week but I’ve seen at least one post saying it didn’t resolve memento for them but idk if they’re on steam or console

Thank god. Good to know. Im hoping they fix it. 

11 hours ago, dahemac said:

Yeah. Atm im thinking about leaving my current Astrid day 290 and Will 168 and starting new runs. But in the same time im thinking if they update the game soon will the saves break again - so maybe i should w8. Its confusing. 

• Upvote 1

I think a problem reported earlier may still be, well, a problem. If your rest or go in a building it still appears to reset wounded animals that should have bled out. I shot a bear clean in the head four or five times with a rifle and once with the warden’s revolver before it finally died. Seems like you just have to stand their and wait until your prey drops or they won’t.

On 5/18/2023 at 3:08 PM, JustMick474 said:

I’m on a mission to find the Curators Rifle. I have spent roughly 3 weeks in Ash Canyon searching high and low (literally). I’ve checked all the locations listed on the wiki as well as every cave, structure and corpse I can find. I’ve made 3 loops around the upper levels thoroughly checking every corner and am yet to find the rifle.

At this point I’m wondering if there is a chance that the rifle never spawned into the game when I started the run. 

For reference I’m playing on PS4 and do have the TFTFT dlc and began this run after installing the update. 

Thanks for any help you can give. I’m not looking for a specific location as I’m happy to keep searching assuming I’m not just wasting my time if there is a chance of a bug. 

Just to follow up on this, we are currently investigating this issue and we have added it to our Known Issues list on the Support Portal: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/13754630088852-PC

• Like 1