IMPORTANT: 2 Week Delay for TALES on PlayStation, Xbox

Admin

We have encountered some unforeseen issues with the console store setups that will prevent Wednesday’s timely release of TALES, Part One on Xbox and PlayStation. To avoid this delay also affecting the Part Two launch, we are combining the Part One and Part Two launches on Xbox and PlayStation and releasing both on March 30th, aligning with the Part Two release on Steam and Epic Game Store. 

Thank you, Survivors. 

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, kirkmc said:

Oh well, I've got another two weeks of my current run. Maybe I'll visit new regions. I've only been playing for two months, so I haven't gone far, but I'm over 100 hours in pilgrim. 

If you haven't been already ,it might come in handy to go to bleak and pleasant valley to get used to the weather😊

• Upvote 1

I was kinda bummed seeing the title, I was hoping to see the new content but I guess not. But if we get both chapters at the same time, I think it's well worth the wait. Long as we're informed and nothing comes out glitchy, I'd wait an eternity. As you'd say on another game, "Rock and Stone!"

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Oh no, but best to get it done right. We appreciate you. 

I’m 48 years old and have been waiting for the update like a kid before Christmas. My last solid character run faded into the long dark about a month and a half ago, and I decided to wait for the Xbox update to start a serious game again. 

Two more weeks! 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 5:49 AM, Admin said:

We have encountered some unforeseen issues with the console store setups that will prevent Wednesday’s timely release of TALES, Part One on Xbox and PlayStation. To avoid this delay also affecting the Part Two launch, we are combining the Part One and Part Two launches on Xbox and PlayStation and releasing both on March 30th, aligning with the Part Two release on Steam and Epic Game Store. 

Thank you, Survivors. 

Are hotfixes included in this release?

1 hour ago, deadmann83 said:

You guys never release anything on schedule;  Before it was March 15th now its supposedly March 29th... March 29th will come and go and there won't be an update mark my words. :(

Thank you, Mr. Seer.

btw, the post says the 30th.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Like 1

I swear every game delays now, it has become the norm in this industry. I can wait that’s fine, but I really hope all my badges and challenges are not reset like the last update did. Those things take such a long time to unlock. That would be nice not having to do them a third time… Cool? Ok…good talk… 

3 hours ago, deadmann83 said:

You guys never release anything on schedule;  Before it was March 15th now its supposedly March 30th... March 30th will come and go and there won't be an update mark my words. :(

This game is one of the best run non-commercialized non-pay-to-win games ever made. Know who puts out updates on time? The folks who charge $80 for a game and $150+ for DLC. Come on, Hinterland is charging $20 for the update. Personally I think that price alone gives them the right to implement all the delays needed. Imo the update should be at least $100 USD based on their work, and the time we all spend playing TLD. I’d happily pay more and still show gratitude for the work they do. 

Thanks Hinterland. 

• Upvote 4

I thought they were normally good about releasing on time. A few issues around some Halloween Events years ago but most updates and Episodes have been pretty close to on schedule since I’ve been playing 6-8 years.

I’m more irritated that PC gets it 2 months in advance and then they push back Xbox release 2 more weeks after it’s already been 2 months. I know issues come up that can be out of their control but seems like it should have been known about and tried to resolve in those 2 months.

I’m glad they let us know though cause I was logging on Xbox monthly since hearing about it back in October and becoming more disappointed each time. (I didn’t find out it was only on steam until Feb)  After hearing the saves wouldn’t cross over I quit my run and started waiting for the release.

Allowing console players to also buy on steam at a discount or have a way to merge our accounts would be awesome. I’ll admit I’m not a developer so I have no idea if merging is possible but a discounted option for existing players could be. If I would have known about the release date difference back in Dec I prob would have just also bought it for Steam instead of waiting longer. Thankfully this isn’t an “online” game so being 3 months behind isn’t a deal-breaker but it’s still very disappointing. 

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

This game is one of the best run non-commercialized non-pay-to-win games ever made. Know who puts out updates on time? The folks who charge $80 for a game and $150+ for DLC. Come on, Hinterland is charging $20 for the update. Personally I think that price alone gives them the right to implement all the delays needed. Imo the update should be at least $100 USD based on their work, and the time we all spend playing TLD. I’d happily pay more and still show gratitude for the work they do. 

Thanks Hinterland. 

You know you should be complaining too, we are paying customers and if no one complains about delays and lack of communication with consumers like us, then they will become the norm because game devolopers will think this is ok to do because no one says anything about them and will think that the customers are fine with unannounced delays that differ from the dates we are told.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, deadmann83 said:

You know you should be complaining too, we are paying customers and if no one complains about delays and lack of communication with consumers like us, then they will become the norm because game devolopers will think this is ok to do because no one says anything about them and will think that the customers are fine with unannounced delays that differ from the dates we are told.

"Unannounced delays" 

Pretty sure it's been announced. In this thread. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, deadmann83 said:

And what exactly will those complaints accomplish?

"It seems like our players are displeased with the delays, we should release the updates faster. Our deliberately slow development schedule was a mistake, as it turns out. Welp, back to the normal rates of game-developing."

Do you want them to cut DLC content? Do you want them to release buggy updates? Do you want them to crunch? Because "work, but faster" is not a valid solution. Perhaps, Hinterland overpromised. Maybe, a year is too short of a time to release all that content. But as the Nintendo guy said "Delayed update is good, rushed update is bad, or something like that". I don't care that Hinterland delayed the second update, I care about it being good when it is released.

• Upvote 4

Thats where we are different I want content delivered on time I don't mind if they have to fix bugs later, that is what patches and bug-fixes are for. If you think I'm being unreasonable for expecting things on time, then prehaps Hinterland should be issuing more realistic on time release dates for the content they are delivering to their customers that way we can have what we want on time and bug-free even if it means waiting a bit longer to get the content.

57 minutes ago, deadmann83 said:

Thats where we are different I want content delivered on time I don't mind if they have to fix bugs later, that is what patches and bug-fixes are for. If you think I'm being unreasonable for expecting things on time, then prehaps Hinterland should be issuing more realistic on time release dates for the content they are delivering to their customers that way we can have what we want on time and bug-free even if it means waiting a bit longer to get the content.

Things happen that can't always be foreseen... In all things!      In this game I quite enjoy some of the bugs,it makes it more challenging and fun ,for the most part. I sympathise for those who've had it for a while now and it's unplayable!  Is that what you'd be happy with? On time and unplayable?  I certainly wouldn't...   

I'm also aware that htl will deliver,as always .  So I'm happy to wait ,.

• Upvote 1

I’m confused. You said “I don’t care that Hinterland delayed the second update…” are we not talking about the Xbox version of the DLC? I thought the first update is being delayed and the second was estimated to be released on the 30th. Since the first is being delayed they plan to just combine the two into one? Is there more news about something else that I missed? I was under the impression that you couldn’t play any of the new content for Xbox at all, but you can on PC, and even if you tried to play just the old content, you wouldn’t be able to keep your saves as of right now until the DLC releases. Is that not the case?