IMPORTANT: 2 Week Delay for TALES on PlayStation, Xbox

Admin

16 minutes ago, Tonya1026 said:

I’m confused. You said “I don’t care that Hinterland delayed the second update…” are we not talking about the Xbox version of the DLC? I thought the first update is being delayed and the second was estimated to be released on the 30th. Since the first is being delayed they plan to just combine the two into one? Is there more news about something else that I missed? I was under the impression that you couldn’t play any of the new content for Xbox at all, but you can on PC, and even if you tried to play just the old content, you wouldn’t be able to keep your saves as of right now until the DLC releases. Is that not the case? 

This post is about the Xbox and PS..  the free update and the first two dlcs for those two consoles  will be out on the 30th of march. After the update all your old saves will not be playable.. 

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

On 3/13/2023 at 8:49 PM, Admin said:

We have encountered some unforeseen issues with the console store setups

I just wanted to reiterate this part of what @Adminsaid. I understand that some survivors are angry about a delay and putting the blame at Hinterland's door, but sometimes delays are due to third parties such as store pages etc. and not completely within the dev's power to foresee or prevent, for all we know.

• Upvote 1

I wish that with such a delay that we had known earlier than a couple hours before the latest possible notice, but can appreciate that there are difficulties to launching on 3 platforms at once.

I wish that this dlc had been up for pre purchase back when it was originally supposed to be released... that would have highlighted the problem with the stores.  

As long as I don't have to pay the increased price for the dlc because it takes too long to get released, I'll take it when I can get it.

57 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

This post is about the Xbox and PS..  the free update and the first two dlcs for those two consoles  will be out on the 30th of march. After the update all your old saves will not be playable.. 

ok that’s what I thought. A couple people was saying the “first update was buggy”, so I wasn’t sure what they were talking about because Xbox and PlayStation hasn’t even received the first update yet, so how did they know it was buggy. 

5 minutes ago, Tonya1026 said:

ok that’s what I thought. A couple people was saying the “first update was buggy”, so I wasn’t sure what they were talking about because Xbox and PlayStation hasn’t even received the first update yet, so how did they know it was buggy. 

They might just have a bee in their bonnet about pc issues they're having ...   And the result is confusion for others.!  

But never be afraid to ask 🙂

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Things happen that can't always be foreseen... In all things!      In this game I quite enjoy some of the bugs,it makes it more challenging and fun ,for the most part. I sympathise for those who've had it for a while now and it's unplayable!  Is that what you'd be happy with? On time and unplayable?  I certainly wouldn't...   

I'm also aware that htl will deliver,as always .  So I'm happy to wait ,.

You don't even make sense one second your saying you enjoyed some of the bugs and the next your saying you don't? Clearly you didn't read my comment because I said I wouldn't mind waiting longer for the game to be patched properly and released on schedule. The key words here are ON SCHEDULE.

10 hours ago, deadmann83 said:

You don't even make sense one second your saying you enjoyed some of the bugs and the next your saying you don't? Clearly you didn't read my comment because I said I wouldn't mind waiting longer for the game to be patched properly and released on schedule. The key words here are ON SCHEDULE.

What I was trying to say,badly, is that I would rather wait and have small bugs instead of a scheduled unplayable game.    It's not always the Devs fault there are delays either.   

Demanding or complaining things should be done a certain way certainly isn't going to help. That's not meant in an aggressive way either.    

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

@deadmann83

...perhaps you could start a studio of your own and make a game of a similarly large scope.  Then get the game released on several platforms simultaneously and in a flawless state... and then all the subsequent updates out to your players in a flawless state, and on time without crunch.   ...Show them all how it's done. 

Personally, I think the process of creating/releasing/updating a game are rather difficult tasks.  I think folks would benefit more from patience and understanding... rather than jumping to their own conclusions without knowing what difficulties are being faced by Hinterland.

:coffee::fire:
Also...  I'd say there is no reason to pass judgement on or be dismissive of what aspects of TLD people like or enjoy.
People can be complex and like aspects of a thing that may appear contradictory to each other; sometimes people enjoy contradictory things... and I'd say there is nothing wrong with that.  I think we all get to enjoy any number of aspects of a thing, we shouldn't need to justify those things just because another person doesn't understand or agree.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 5

I haven't played tld now and can't wait till all dlc releases . I have green hel, the forest and stranded deep to play. When dlc finally comes out I'll go back to my favorite gam tld. Plus day 496 4 days before my 500 day killed me a bear got me that bastard!lol 

• Like 1

Great stuff, looking forward to the wildlife update in particular!

I hope apart from more random wolf spots that in the overhaul you've had time to look at the offset bear pivots, and to remove paw prints more slowly and incrementally from the start of the track so that tracking down a wounded animal can make a comeback as an interesting part of the gameplay.

Cheers. :)

• Upvote 1

• Admin unpinned this topic