BRR - Broken Bridge Memento?

hozz1235

Based upon the note, I thought maybe a corpse would be found in the gorge, but no luck.  Now that I think about and re-reading your reply @yollarbenibekler, I suppose it could mark the new transition.  I got one in ML like that - it pointed to the cave transition to Milton.  Was a little disappointed in that, but I suppose for a new player, that may have some value and not require so much exploration to find.

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, yollarbenibekler said:

The mementos are not always showing a cache location. Sometimes they point a cave entrance or a point of interest. That one probably shows the direction to the new transition area.

Thank you, you saved me a trip to the Trapper cabin in the Mystery lake. I came from Milton to the Mystery Lake. Found a note that there is new cave near trappers. Now my character is in the office prepared to go through swamp. So no detour is needed. Thank you again.

• Upvote 2

On 12/13/2022 at 12:28 PM, Jolan said:

I think @yollarbenibekleris probably right.  I found two memento's on TWM - one pointed to the transition to Ash Canyon and the other one highlighted the Chasm cave.  I think the buffer memories are new.  I'm holding out to see if I can get the last buffer memory to see if tells part of a story. (there's 4)

bummer, they're not new.  ah well - on to (checks notes) Ash Canyon!

On 12/16/2022 at 12:37 AM, Kranium said:
  • Memento Cache
  • Memento Hint

2 different things. The "hints" are just points of interest (no real use to players already familiar with a map, honestly).

Thanks for clarifying that.... I thought I was missing something really obvious!

• Upvote 1

A bit of data about memento caches from me:
I found both of the caches in BRR (and also the memento hint, but I'm not talking about that here).

One I found in the expected way - a note with a map clue and a key next to it. The other one, I found the box randomly while exploring, and couldn't open it because no key. Later I found a key, but it didn't have a note next to it. I was able to open the box with the key, but never found the corresponding note.

I've seen people asking if the boxes spawn in the world normally, or only once you found a note that gives a cache map reveal. Now, from my experience, I know you can find the box without a note.

Do you think finding a key without a note is related to finding the box first?

Has anyone else found a cache key on its own, no note?

Regarding the mementos which point to a transition - I feel kind of cheated.  I get all excited when finding a new note only to find out it just points to a transition, which I've known about for years.  I suppose it would be helpful to new players...  I remember the days when you had to explore to find stuff!  When I had to tromp thru 3 feet of snow, 5 miles each way to school.  Youngsters these days... 😉

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1