What will you do first?

Tales from the Far Territory (TFT)  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Do we know for certain the Forsaken Airfield transition will be there?  I know Far Range Branch Line will.

FAR RANGE BRANCH LINE & TRANSFER PASS (HUB)

Travel down the Far Range Branch Line and arrive at Transfer Pass, the railway hub providing access to the foothills of the Far Range. The journey is a long and harrowing trek from Broken Railroad region, deep into the heart of Great Bear.

I must be under the wrong impression?

I thought the “hub” is literally the hub for all the new zones.  Including the airfield

12 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

I must be under the wrong impression?

I thought the “hub” is literally the hub for all the new zones.  Including the airfield

Yeah, I was wrong.  I assumed the new regions would branch off other, existing regions.

I absolutely refuse to spawn in the new region if such a thing is possible.

I'm playing it as it was in the olden days.

Random start, and if I get the new Region...restart until I don't.

Play a regular sandbox from there. I plan not to head toward the Far Territory until I am fully kitted out and prepared.

As far as I'm concerned, spawning directly into the zone...after all of the work they've done to prepare all the new Transition Zones- etc...is antithetical.

The best way to experience it is to make my way into the new areas from the outside in and do it as part of a regular sandbox.

• Upvote 1

Im not 100% sure about this, but it seems broken railroad it's no longer an interloper spawn. I have created around 50+ test runs and i just keep spawning most on blackrock, TWM and sometimes PV or AC.

Also, i have never spawned on DP or FM. 

Couldn't restrain myself!  I ended up spawning in BRR, looting area around maint shed and heading straightaway for FA. 

quite the trek and very scant supplies along the way.  Pretty much surviving on rabbits.  Make it to the hub and found transition to FA but haven't gone there yet.  Fully exploring the hub in hopes of finding some better gear.

7 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'll be checking to see if insomnia can be taken off n the settings!! Then I'll head to the mine for the backpack!!

I've gotten insomnia countless times now and I can't really see what effect it has on me?  Seems I'm able to sleep for 8 hours no problem.  Maybe I don't understand it fully yet.

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

I've gotten insomnia countless times now and I can't really see what effect it has on me?  Seems I'm able to sleep for 8 hours no problem.  Maybe I don't understand it fully yet.

Isn't it something to do with the new fog?   

I run all the time on my runs and need to sleep for a few hours during the day most of the time so insomnia isnt something I want to get. Fatigue is high on pilgrim and I don't travel at night either so that'd make it even worse. 

3 minutes ago, tulkawendark said:

I wanted to relive my newbie days and get lost in the new map right away, but since such option is unavailable, I'm going to start at the Broken Railroad on Interloper and beeline for the Airfield under geared and popsicle cold. 🥶

Let us know how long you live ;)

4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Let us know how long you live ;)

😂 Not very long. I looted BR map and was lucky enough to score a bedroll - it seems undoable without. Then I crossed the bridge and travelled along a cool tunnel with the train tracks until I found another yellow wagon and a ravine. Good thing I brought a lot of fir wood because I thought I'd warmly stay the night in the tunnel and then climb to the ravine the next morning. That tunnel was butt freezing at night, -11C No can't do without fire. Dropped a rope down the next morning and as soon as my feet touched the ground some barking wolf went after my booty. I saw two rabbits nearby and sprinted towards them. Although I ran through their pack the wolf decided to ignore them and ate me. R.I.P. I thought better of my wolf dodging skills. 🤣