What will you do first?

Tales from the Far Territory (TFT)  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm a more cautious than YOLO player so will definitely spend my time getting equipped first before heading out.

I may end up having two parallel runs for the first time. One, a (hopefully) long personal best run making the most of new features for mid to late game enjoyment like space customisation and crafting.

The second, get geared up as fast as possible then head out to explore. This run I wouldn't worry about dying in a ridiculous and epic fashion nor would I mind trying again in the same way to learn the new region. I wouldn't want to take the same risks with a more permanent attempt at survival in a long run.

Either way I won't go without the technical backpack and hopefully the moose satchel... travois or not I need the maximum carry space for all the lovely shiny things I'll never need 😁

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 3

I plan to start a new run in Milton, quickly get the Satchel, head ASAP to got the Technical Backpack and go get the best possible clothing at the Summit. Considering that I should already have several plants/cured pelts/cured elm & birch saplings/etc... as well as most if not all tools in stock, then I'll head to the Airfield.

Dunno the mode yet : might be Pilgrim just to be swift in the "prep" phase...

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure I'll do a combo of checking the new things out & getting well-equipped. 

Definitely will be playing on Pilgrim (which is pretty much all I play anyways - stress levels in my life are high enough, as it is 😬 ). Will probably want to have a moose satchel, but not sure I'll bother with the technical backpack (Ash Canyon is not my favorite area!)

Even tho I will try not to, I will most likely be peeking at some "spoilers" since I will be waiting for the X-Box version. Would really like to see what the requirements are for making Crampons & the Travois.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Admin said:

Surprised "checking all visors" didn't make the list.

We're very excited to bring you this update. Thank you for sharing the anticipation with us! 

I forgot about this! 

I was too preoccupied with being able to make a safehouse my own. To be honest I didn't even know you *could* pull down the visors til recently. Still learning after 8 years!

More things to rummage about in and find stuff? Yes please 😁

@Leeanda please remind me when the time comes! You know how much like swiss cheese my memory is 🙄

• Upvote 2

I'll probably choose a starting location far away from the Airfield and set out to reach it. I don't want to go there "well-equipped" as to not make the exploration too easy. But I DO want to feel like it was a long trip trying to get to the Far Territory. 

Now that I think about it, that probably means I'm going to check out other new features first...

Probably, once i start a new run i think the airfield would be the last thing i explore.

I think it's a good idea setttling down a safehouse with resources in it before exploring new content, but i can't deny that i could go to the airfield almost instantly after getting all the important gear needed.

• Upvote 1

Without knowing the airfield weather forecast I would at least try to have quality clothing and a sleeping bag. I will probably start the adventure into stalker so a gun will be useful for me, although I might venture without it and without the stmsSantana map 😁.
Impatient to know what surprises the visors will hold 🤔so could be great idea move to maps with cars near.

Guest jeffpeng

Start a stalker, spawn on TWM, climb the summit, jump down, and then nothing can touch me, like I always do. Then I'm ready to go where ever and face whatever.

I'll be making my custom difficulty settings harder for my new runs (fewer animals so food is harder to get, more blizzards, faster freezing, less loot, slower healing, etc) so I kinda expect to die a few times before I get stocked up enough to head to the Far Territory.

Probably Ill head there once I get a bit comfortable, with decent clothes and a bow and at least one of either the technical pack or satchel. That'll give me time to enjoy the other new changes too

Edit: Oh and Ill want a bearskin bedroll first too!

Edited by Arbor

Find matches, then go exploring!

I'm not going to spend hours and hours doing stuff I've done before, when there's new regions to get lost in. Might even start the game with matches for a change, and skip the panicky running-around phase so I can get going straight away.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Interloper spawn in the new area, maybe. Or random spawn & make my way there casually. I don't want to go in too safely/geared up, but I'm not sure I want to spawn there right away either.

Whatever I do, I'll be avoiding spoilers until after I've at least mapped the whole place. No TLD forum/reddit for me until then!

The same thing I do every run with a new update.

Pilgrim difficulty. Snow Walker, Blizzard Walker, Efficient Machine, Cold Fusion, Free Runner. Spawn AT the new location.

Get the lay of the land, find any new hidden items in the region, then wipe the save and test the other features at Milton.

Or maybe I'll just scope out the entrance, go on Stalker at Milton, and gradually make my way over while testing all the new goodies.

If I had a ready save file (basically not wiped), I would always arm myself (usually revolver), a few flares, medical items, food, water, moose satchel and crampons before heading to any kind of new regions.

Now, things will obviously change since we all start from scratch. I think it would be more viable starting slowly in Mystery Lake or any more "safe" regions, find a suitable building to set down as "Headquarters", collect supplies, weapons, etc, scavenge nearby regions, stockpile everything before heading out to the newest regions, well-supplied, armed and, possibly, armoured.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm going for a hybrid of #1 & 3.  I'm not heading to the airfield naked, but I'm also not going to get top-notch gear before heading there.  My excitement will push me towards the airfield.  Once I fully explore it, I will then return to the vanilla zones and begin re-exploring them while I wait for other new zones to be released.

• Upvote 2