What will you do first?

Tales from the Far Territory (TFT)  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the record I tweeted Hinterland, Raphael and IntoTheLongDark-

In that tweet I kindly asked for 3 things.

1: Don't spoil or tell us where travel zone connects in the video or anywhere else. (Let us find it like we used to have to!)
2: Have it so we have to find it to unlock it on the Region Select (Like we used to)

So I beg them again here...please let it be mysterious...please let us find it...please don't let it be part of region select until we ourselves find the travel zone. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mfuegemann said:

My first goal would be the flare gun in the Ravine or the summit (supposed they are still there 😉 ) to be safe from bears and moose. Then maybe the gold mine.
With that I should be ready to search for the transition zone.

good point! with the loot refresh it's probably best not to make too many plans :)

Well first a quickish test tour in Mystery Lake or wherever to see / try out / observe some of the basic new features. Then start new run, something easier like Interloper (because doing new map run is always more handy that way) and prep a bit before making my way to the new zone. But not prep much since I don't intend it to be lasting run or anything, that can come later.

Edited by Mistral

On 11/18/2022 at 9:49 PM, ajb1978 said:

Start in Ash Canyon to get the crampons and technical pack, try for a moosehide satchel there or in TWM. Hit the TWM summit, and with that I should be outfitted well enough to head to the Far Territory.

If they are still there with the loot refresh!  Likely they are since they're unique but you never know.  I would actually like it HL mixed everything up.  Make it more like a new game.

Interloper only player here. I am super excited to see the new regions! My strategy depends on the loot table reworks. I know the devs have said they're keeping the loper players in mind with the rerolls of loot so we'll have to see how that all plays out. I think a good plan of action is to do a quick world tour on your loot table regardless of spawn. Once you have the basics looted start crafting and head to BR around day 50-60. I think these new zones will be pretty formidable on loper which should be really fun!

I love Broken Railroad as a zone. I'll stock pile the hunting lodge there as a forward operating base and slowly move supplies into the "hub" area. That way WHEN things start to go south maybe i'll have some place to retreat.

I only expect ice cold death!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I'm leaning towards trying out the new features first before heading to the hub. Refreshing the starting locations is quite exciting so I will likely choose random and hopefully find somewhere familar! I know each region fairly well, but who knows it might dump me in the airfield! I too want to go for the moose satchell to help collect all the tasty new loot in the new regions. Hope a new backpack can be found there and suspect there is one from watching the TFTFT trailer 👀

• Upvote 2

pilgrim, ash canyon (hope for backpack), PV (farmstead & tower), ML (dam & office & cabin trapper), BR. I hope I'll have enough cloth, and so go on the new regions.

next run, customized classicaly as I play, hard climate, few bears & wolves. and well, to discover :)

• Like 1

Since Other is an option... definitely going to be checking every visor. 

Still debating on whether or not I'm going to be buying the DLC. If I do, I'll try going full in with an Interloper and coming back through later with a stalker run to explore. But I'm not sure since we don't know what will be coming first yet, so it depends for me. 

I chose other (although one could perhaps include this in taking one's time to check out the new features)... Since I have to wait for another month or so for it to come out on console, I should just bury myself in something else so as to avoid spoilers, but I probably will break down and watch some streams and read some of the posts that are, no doubt, going to flood the website here.  So, by the time I can play it, I'll probably have a pretty good idea what the new features and the new area are all about.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

As an interloper, i can't choose my starting location so im not sure of what im gonna do first.

My usual route/goals:

- Get the hacksaw and hammer at any region.

- AC as quick as possible, loot the backpack/crampons and some loot and leave.

- Unlike most players, i usually ignore TWM summit unless there is something i really need like the ear wools.

- Loot the best regions, mainly PV, CH and ML. 

- Once i have decent clothing, tools and resources, the next step is making a Knife and at least 10-20 arrowheads. The 'Real' game begins once i have the Bow and arrows, everything else can be doed earlier or later. I always use the maintence yard as my mid-long term base, this is even better with the new region starting at BR.

However, with the global loot refresh and new content, im sure things are gonna change a lot and loot/resources become more unpredictable. I think the best idea it's using one of the central regions (PV,ML) as a base, and explore the world periodically. If i manage to survive, im likely gonna explore/loot the entire world map and then, travel to the new DLC regions.

• Upvote 3

Bit clearer on my plan now after reading the ShackNews interview- stalker, random region, head over to the entrance to the new area picking up gear and hopefully learning new mechanics as I go, also trying to grab either tech b/p or moose satchel if I'm anywhere near AC or HRV (assuming they'll still be there- a good test of how widespread the new loot changes are!).  I'll also try and hit at least one birch bark area and a mine/ big cave to stock up on coal.  prob won't bother with crafting any clothes or tools, as long as I have something to cut firewood and meat with, and some sort of weapon.

Then off to explore the new areas, and if I survive that then a mapping quest around Great Bear to keep me busy til the next update.  Can't wait- good luck everyone, looking forward to hearing what you all make of it!

• Upvote 1

I love the lakeside house in the Mystery Lake area as much as my own home. In story mode, this house saved my life. No matter how far away I am, I get excited going back to Mystery Lake. If I can get the cursed body out of the shack, I'll use it as a hub again. My first travel destinations would be Forlorn Muskeg and Timberwolf Mountain. Then Black Rock and then Airport. Exploring the new region will be exciting and I want to increase that excitement as I prepare. Of course, all of these are based on the assumption that there will be a regional pricing.
And hopefully there is regional pricing. Because people in Turkey work more than 2 days for 20 dollars. Surely there are other similar countries. The situation of retirees like me is even more pathetic.

• Upvote 1

Random start, but not Interloper this time -- maybe Voyager?  I want to get a feel for the character of the changes to loot and animal spawns, cooking, fishing.  (Not sure all of those changes are in for the first batch of content.)  Also get a feel for the new affliction and the new teas if they're already in game.  Then reroll, gear up and start a trek into the Far Territory.

Edited by Ruruwawa
wrong word

Haha see if any of my long list of preferred mods still work.  I actually run the game on two systems, one of which now has a bug with my mods and custom settings (can't clean, maintain, read, or repair anything) while the other doesn't. 

And I start all my runs (sort of Stalker+) in random regions anyway, so especially with the spawn and loot refresh making plans before start is largely impossible, right?  No plan survives the line of departure, we used to say.

Which is kind of the point, to me 😅

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Edited by Foxhound6

14 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

BR to find the new transition. 

Do we know for certain the Forsaken Airfield transition will be there?  I know Far Range Branch Line will.

FAR RANGE BRANCH LINE & TRANSFER PASS (HUB)

Travel down the Far Range Branch Line and arrive at Transfer Pass, the railway hub providing access to the foothills of the Far Range. The journey is a long and harrowing trek from Broken Railroad region, deep into the heart of Great Bear.