PV farm porch

Leeanda

That's actually something that's easy for you to figure out. Drop an uncured gut, hide, or sapling in the porch. If it starts curing, it's an indoor location. Otherwise, it's an outdoor location.

I'm pretty sure the porch is an outdoor location, however.

The porch counts as an indoor location for the purposes of curing materials, getting cabin fever, and being unable to rest or pass time once you get it. However it does have the outdoor benefit of being able to read by moonlight.

The back portion of a cave is a good place to earn this badge. Although still materials cure like they would indoors, it's still counted as outside and you can spend as much time as you want back there. In Pleasant Valley there are three caves that have a little bed of pine needles in them that would make great spots to hunker down. You recover slightly more condition sleeping in these than you would a cloth bedroll, although they're not as warm.

• Upvote 4

I got my blizzard badge by making camp in a cave and making a fire on the “outside” line of the cave and sleeping. Also I slept next to fire barrels in blizzards too. ( Hibernia or the barrel in mountain town trailer or signal hill) 

My bedroll is taking serious damage but its helping the sewing level go up quicker!

Half the problem is the blizzards are only happening when I'm nowhere near a cave!

I did read that if it doesn't load to enter then its outdoors hence the question!

15 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Does anyone know if the PV farm porch is counted as outside or inside? There seems to be several different opinions on you tube.

The PV farm porch counts as inside for cabin fever - you cannot sleep there with cabin fever and being there contributes to your cabin fever risk, same as being in the house.  But, the porch counts as outside for food decay.  Meat left on the porch decays at the same rate as when it's left outside in the snow.

As noted above, there are many different dimensions along which a given location might count as indoors or outdoors. Cabin fever and curing hides are just two such dimensions.

One that hasn't been mentioned is whether you can start a campfire or not. For example, transition caves are indoors for most things, but count as outdoors for campfires (you can start a campfire there), while mines count as indoors for campfires (can't start a campfire in a mine). And you can start a campfire in some locations that seem like they should be indoors, like the break room in BI, though that may be a bug.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...