TSD - The Sitting Dead

piddy3825

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bloodskye said:

I literally get lost in threads like this. Almost missed work reading lol. 

Glad to hear you're enjoying this ongoing work in progress.  Next time you come across some of the sitting dead, please grab a screenshot and tell their story here!  

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

I mean, who falls onto stalagmites in a sitting position?

A really unfortunate person who hated every last moment frozen, alone, and impaled. Or they fell though, shattered their legs and sat up to die unable to walk or move beyond sitting.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Can't remember exactly where this person is, but they fell through the top of the cave and got impaled. At least that's my story.

a9444bd7-28ea-4f6f-aed3-915c0c29ea0b (1).png

Looks like the cave system from TWM to AC to me, where you get the spelunker lantern. I see him a lot lol I named him Jack. 

• 3 weeks later...

screen_01cc0029-9337-4969-94e7-84f7616dff05_hi.thumb.png.e7b2bb1a2be7f1c265ebdefc04308b35.png

Found this poor wretch in the fire lookout on Coastal Highway.  He appeared to be uninjured so it's difficult to say what he died of.  I guessing he lost his will to live and just slunk down in the corner after he overturned the furniture in the lookout if a fit of rage or desperation after having discovered there was nothing worth looting. 

He could have just sat down and died comfortably but his despondence was so great he just slumped down and faded into the long dark...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

screen_520614d6-319e-4311-b098-85e00704408e_hi.thumb.png.17fce56142fa0525ae9e1c780a9fe8e7.png

Came across this unfortunate soul.  His mourning was so great that he lost his will to live.  In his despair he slumped off the bench and into the cool embrace of the snow that surrounded him.  With only his thoughts to torment him, he quietly slipped into the long dark.

I took the opportunity to say a few words and then I turned out his pockets.  He had nothing...

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

screen_f8648fc0-a7f7-427a-828a-97ea4a70c16e_hi.thumb.png.85d1fe389781063b2bf7503d9965e2c6.png

Found this guy while venturing thru the Muskeg.  He was sitting propped up against this tree with no sign of foul play.  His revolver was loaded with three rounds only the remaining cylinders empty in his gun.  A box of cartridges lay next to it unopened.  As I turned out his pockets, I found a can of Stacy's grape soda and a dented can of sardines.   Hard to say what the cause of death was, as there were no marks on his body. 

I'd venture to guess that perhaps he had fallen thru the thin muskeg ice and after making his way to the safety of this ridge was able to make a fire.  It looks to me like he musta have dozed off as he was sitting there, no doubt hypothermia had set in and in his state of stupor he fell asleep as he was warming by the fire.  It musta been a particularly deep sleep, the kind where you're so tired you don't realize the fire has gone out and your slowly freezing to death.  I think he died in his sleep counting sheep...

• Upvote 1

screen_a313b188-2e96-4300-899f-f791307eb27c_hi.thumb.png.8cf51e44218c31ca1b31fb77e0878909.png

Found another victim of the event apocalypse when I reached the transmitter tower in Mountain Town.  Not sure what happened here but it appears this guy maybe had the same idea but didn't have any of the necessary resources to complete the task.  I dunno if out of desperation the used the knife on himself but when I picked it up, I noticed it was rusty and dull.  I turned out his pockets to find nothing.  This poor guy was definitely not prepared to survive the hardships dished out by the island.  

• Upvote 2