TSD - The Sitting Dead

piddy3825

On 11/6/2020 at 6:32 PM, piddy3825 said:

The Sitting Dead

Wintermute Episode 1

Dead guy at tower in Mountain Town.  Will quips... 
"hey is that a dead guy just sitting there?"

screen_87837f67-1239-4b0f-9777-10efa8e3c86b_hi.thumb.png.933ab9da11862906ab277eff810c7f0c.png

yeah, that's a dead guy all right...  

This is probably one of the more brutal scenes I think you'll see in the game.

screen_6f6855c8-4a16-42f4-bb73-fea0014960d1_hi.thumb.png.37a1e4f02ac2f8b6d6f28c0d783c1753.png

this dude struggled frantically before finally succumbing  here.  I think whatever it was might have severed his left hand in the process although I 
didn't bend that close down examine him.  Kinda looked like a pretty guy too.  Think he was maybe one of the convicts?  Blood trail leads to/from the old woman's door.
Did she maybe shoot him or did he get jumped by a roving pack of wolves at the doorstep?  we'll probably never know.

I’m betting Grey Mother let him have it when he tried to rob her, he ran outside to flee and the wolves caught him by the shed and finished him off.  
Moral of the story, don’t rob old ladies…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

No, I haven't in my own gameplay other than when I did the Archivist Challenge.  Wasn't thinking about TSD so much at the time of that adventure so I don't have a screenshot of that occasion.
However, another player here on the forums @Lohaan did post that shot here on this thread.  You should check that out if you haven't done so already.  

I found it! Thanks for that.  Happiness is only found when shared or something like that.  Love it.  I love the haunting feeling behind a number of the notes left behind.  

• Like 1

I think we all know what happened to this one... 

He decided to go exploring and came across a cave to take shelter in. However, this cave had already been explored; by the Old Bear. After feasting on a fresh wolf carcass, the Bear was still hungry. The man is now dead, but not eaten quite yet. 5 seconds after I found this dude, I became the Bear's next meal. 

Movies & TV 9_21_2021 1_20_36 PM.png

44 minutes ago, Pencil said:

I think we all know what happened to this one... 

He decided to go exploring and came across a cave to take shelter in. However, this cave had already been explored; by the Old Bear. After feasting on a fresh wolf carcass, the Bear was still hungry. The man is now dead, but not eaten quite yet. 5 seconds after I found this dude, I became the Bear's next meal. 

hmmm,
dead yes, but not sitting...  
oh, maybe you died in a sitting position?

• Upvote 2

hmmm,
dead yes, but not sitting...  
oh, maybe you died in a sitting position?

Yeah, I guess I was the one who was actually sitting here while I died. I never clarified who I was actually talking about and which one of us was the explorer lol 

Edited by Pencil

I would have died a little too...

screen_3eeaf91e-a683-4c9f-86b2-49cec192a1d1_hi.thumb.png.a7fda29cfbd88711370101e35f6229d5.png

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sweeping thru Mystery Lake on a mission, chased by wolves,
I decided to seek shelter in an abandoned boxcar.

screen_e5a6946b-a1b1-427d-8074-6ed7a0d1a44e_hi.thumb.png.fd21e6e2a1c5bca1a5689653b6bdd48a.png

Whom do I find?

BoxCar Bob

In what must have been a drunken stupor, this poor soul thought he could "Ride the Rails" and escape his fate.
Little did he know he was on a one way ride into oblivion.
After wearily allowing himself to slump to the floor, poor Bob, fell into a deep deep sleep.  As the weather drew colder and colder, so did Bob...

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

On a Hopeless Rescue speedrun, I found myself faced with a life or death decision. Stop at the Prepper's Cache in Pleasant Valley, or push on. With the thought of reaching the Lonely Lighthouse in record time and 2 stims in hand, I decided to push on...to my detriment. At the bridge just beyond Point of Disagreement, the wind picked up and I could feel my strength draining. Coffee offered only momentary relief as the blizzard started taking its toll. Alas...by the time I reached the Derelict Cabins I was spent. As I fell down, I threw my flare out of frustration and dissapointment...only to realize I wasn't alone. There he was, the sitting dead. #TSD

I don't know what his name was, or why he died there, but he offered me some comfort in my last moments...

screen_d96378ef-2e73-4bd4-ae65-8339cf7018c1_hi.png

Edited by Lohaan
Im a writer. I edit everything
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lohaan said:

185502783_tld2020-06-0422-17-08.thumb.png.d487aa309abeec9ff172d764f4e4bcfe.pngPoor teddy...

that is sad.  poor teddy sitting alone, dead and forgotten.  Toys only come to life when they are loved and played with, their life force fueled by the love and imagination that only a child can have for their toys.  I wish Teddy were a static object so that I could pick him up and save him from an eternity of loneliness in an abandoned old house on an abandoned old island.  

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

that is sad.  poor teddy sitting alone, dead and forgotten.  Toys only come to life when they are loved and played with, their life force fueled by the love and imagination that only a child can have for their toys.  I wish Teddy were a static object so that I could pick him up and save him from an eternity of loneliness in an abandoned old house on an abandoned old island.  

I'm glad you think of it in a better way than I do! I just find it damn creepy!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leeanda said:

I'm glad you think of it in a better way than I do! I just find it damn creepy!

It's only creepy when you go up there in semi-darkness during an aurora and the green light is streaming in the windows, then you notice the bear's eyes are glowing with a weird yellow light...  
and then you hear a voice saying,

“Blood is really warm,
it’s like drinking hot chocolate
but with more screaming.”

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

It's only creepy when you go up there in semi-darkness during an aurora and the green light is streaming in the windows, then you notice the bear's eyes are glowing with a weird yellow light...  
and then you hear a voice saying,

“Blood is really warm,
it’s like drinking hot chocolate
but with more screaming.”

Lol😂😂

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've been to BI but this poor soul's story is yet to be written

screen_f0ed4944-2653-423a-8121-6e05601556ac_hi.thumb.png.966d26767da5d30d43a3959e9e29c495.png

I can't imagine why he would seek refuge in this wrecked trailer on the middle of a bridge with a multitude of cars available for shelter.  Not to mention that he either had to pass the cannery and all the shelter it provided, or he had to pass the cabins that housed the cannery works on the other end of the bridge.  I'd speculate that he was one his way to one of those areas when either he was menaced by a pack of timberwolves or was caught in a sudden but fierce snowstorm.  Either way this makeshift shelter became his final resting place.  yes he was out of the wind, but still cold.  very cold.  I suspect he just wanted to close his eyes for a few moments but those mere minutes turned into an eternity.  Rip my good man and thanks for letting me have your boots...

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Here's few I've found during my travels:

screen_d4ad55e3-cb62-48b1-8f93-791a6b3b9023_hi.thumb.png.7a40e87fccb48a5272f066769f82734f.png

Found in the Ash Canyon, Homesteader's Respite. Just below Fire Overlook.

This dude have been lying here a long time. I'd guess since summer if I'd go by the way he's dressed.
Chap was out climbing when he slipped and fell. Hopefully it was quick and painless. No pain. just a thud and then the big sleep before even realizing what happened.

Inside the house found nearby, one can find various clothes that this chap obviously did not bring.

(I know. Not sitting. But still worth mentioning considering the circumstances...)

screen_98c3df4f-f3b7-4ae2-8271-5dbdda99ecf1_hi.thumb.png.f6d32563c0c5e754fe34ffff8c2c9aa8.png

Found at the Bleak Inlet. Inside Last Resort Cannery. It's the warehouse just beside the ship named "The Harbinger".

Not that badly dressed so being poorly dressed shouldn't have been the reason of their demise.
Beside them there's a can of soda. By the time I found the can it was already ruined.
Barely any clues on what's been going on. But if I'd guess:
No blood or attempts to bandage up wounds so it shouldn't have been wolves.
The way they're sitting I'd guess they died of hypothermia, and that despite being well dressed against the cold.
Sooo... they fell through the ice, climbed back out and took up refuge here. But too late.

Edited by SysGhost

@SysGhostinteresting pic of the dead guy at the bottom of the rope climb.  I've been out there many times and climbed that up and down in that area, I have never seen this corpse before.  I'd have to agree he looked like he was dressed for warm weather.  Judging from his hip-hop appearance, it looks like he was a drunken frat boi who fell to his death when he lost his grip on the rope and plunged to the ground below.  I agree he deserves some recognition on The Sitting Dead regardless of his prone position.  I think the moral of the story here is "dont drink and climb."

Keeper's Pass South

Found this poor soul a short way from the fishing shack.  Although I could not see him from the bridge, nor from the fishing shack, his presence was loudly noted by the murder of crows flitting about overhead.  Their caw echoing off the canyon walls almost as loudly as the thunderous roar of the twin streams of icy cold rushing water falling relentlessly into the deep cold depths of the river below.

I carefully examined the body and could not find any outward signs of trauma.   His clothing was untorn and his pockets were empty.  I suspect that he was taken in by the beauty of the falls as he was crossing the bridge and came down to the waters edge for a better look.  Either he was too mesmerized by the magical beauty of the falls or failed to notice the ice was too thin to hold his weight, but I think he may have fallen in the water, possibly as the ice gave way.  He probably fought valiantly against the rushing current and somehow managed to work his way out of the freezing water, but was so physically exhausted that when he reached this spot he was too cold to move any further.  

screen_94c05d12-ae25-4337-93fe-59b5c339370a_hi.thumb.png.b1d53411c44fd127e2b2d0c5972aca4c.png

His view of the falls was indeed breath taking...

screen_628b5de1-7e81-4d91-adc6-d82c7645ed3e_hi.thumb.png.26dd5495a9e1a68b09574e9382ee7505.png

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...

Tromping thru deep snow in the back country of Pleasant Valley,
I came across this poor soul huddled against an old uprooted tree.

screen_4642441b-2e92-47a2-b93f-95fcb480ba22_hi.thumb.png.1842f20e5138ddd15727bac43995feac.png

Far from any structure and way off the beaten path,
makes me wonder what were the circumstances that lead to
his demise?   Curiosity having gotten the better of me, I slowly
approached this unfortunate wretch and turned out his pockets.

The only thing he had in his possessions besides the clothes he
wore was a single old faded polariod. 
Interesting, but useless.  At least there were a few crow feathers...

• Upvote 1

9BDB1F2D-7FDB-449A-AA43-2DBC8D0D0941.thumb.jpeg.dec7e470577d3d7a2a301474821b0627.jpegThat’s my queue! 

This poor soul was found on a small island in Mystery Lake. He had nothing whatsoever on or around him, except for another frozen corpse near the entrance to a fishing hut. I imagine that the frozen corpse was his friend, who got killed by one of the wolves that prowl the area. This guy probably sat down to grieve, and cried himself into the long dark...

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Affirmative. What regions have not been extensively combed for corpses yet?

Ash Canyon and BlackRock practically have not been touched upon
but don't let that stop you from contributing to the thread whenever
you encounter "the sitting dead..."

• 2 weeks later...

My brother found another one!

This poor soul was slouched over in the tram car in Mystery Lake:0E114316-0011-4DA0-AF0B-F77AD2C51FD6.thumb.jpeg.71b9ce2b97562afa7aafbb7d680e1fdd.jpegOn his person he had a tinder plug, and in his backpack was a box of rifle ammunition, a granola bar, and a box of matches. How did he die? He probably didn’t starve to death with that granola bar in his pack, and he probably had a rifle at one point. However, some light was shed on his demise when we gave the headline newspaper he had been reading (and thrown into the corner) a look:

BLEAK INLET WOLVES LOSE TO PLEASANT VALLEY RABBITS IN EPIC FINAL MATCH OF GREAT BEAR CUP!

This man was obviously a Wolf fan. In the fading days of the world, the last thing you want to read is that your favorite soccer team has lost the most anticipated game of the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1