TSD - The Sitting Dead

piddy3825

Hushed River Valley 
Day 3 into my exploration of this backwoods wilderness and I stumbled upon this frozen corpse.  Hard to tell what the causes for death were, but it looks like he froze to death whilst hunting or evading the wolves that patrol this region.  There was nearby firewood, an empty tin can was strewn about as well as a hunting rifle with 3 rounds laying on the ground.  I dunno what he was trying to do, maybe clear a jammed bullet in this rifle, or perhaps reloading.  Either way, he died where he sat with this rifle at his feet.  I liberated him of a pretty tattered sports vest and his boots had seen plenty of mileage considering their worn condition.  As I turned out his pockets, I found a can of Summit Soda and a new package of beef jerky.  Considering I only found a single crows feather, it seemed that he hadn't been here for too long.  RIP random hunter.

screen_361c283d-d4ce-46bd-adf5-3eb63d02fe6c_hi.thumb.png.1ba1408188bceb727411e6931bb4c433.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

HRV's sitting dead continue to surprise me when I find them.  This poor chap doesn't appear to be anywhere ready to survive the rugged climes of this region.  I suspect he may be the unfortunate survivor of one of the plane crashes that I've stumbled onto recently.  He looks ill equipped to have otherwise found himself here in this predicament.  My suspicions seem to be confirmed when I turned out his pockets and found all he had was a metal shard that he was using as a knife and a stale package of beef jerky.  The one thing however that he yielded that made my day was a recipe card for Stalker's Pie.  Looks like the card comes with live ingredients roaming nearby.  Just barely managed to avoid a bear that was close by as I made a hasty retreat!

screen_03ff62b0-7d3b-4370-9e50-858a3dc84f90_hi.thumb.png.d865f8b98a92c2f2329a12719ebebe98.png

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

HRV's sitting dead continue to surprise me when I find them.  This poor chap doesn't appear to be anywhere ready to survive the rugged climes of this region.  I suspect he may be the unfortunate survivor of one of the plane crashes that I've stumbled onto recently.  He looks ill equipped to have otherwise found himself here in this predicament.  My suspicions seem to be confirmed when I turned out his pockets and found all he had was a metal shard that he was using as a knife and a stale package of beef jerky.  The one thing however that he yielded that made my day was a recipe card for Stalker's Pie.  Looks like the card comes with live ingredients roaming nearby.  Just barely managed to avoid a bear that was close by as I made a hasty retreat!

screen_03ff62b0-7d3b-4370-9e50-858a3dc84f90_hi.thumb.png.d865f8b98a92c2f2329a12719ebebe98.png

Amazon had just delivered the long-awaited & coveted Stalker's Pie recipe!  In his excitement and haste to gather the ingredients, he failed to properly plan and equip himself.  Stumbling through the wilderness, he became tired and lost.  "Let me just rest for a minute here..."

image.png.85c0231baa990149472182f4ece11c1a.png