What TLD region would you live in IRL?

PurpleWolf13

What TLD region would you live in IRL  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess Pleasant Valley, I'm not big into wide open farming/meadow areas but it still has remote zones and woods on the side, plus more varied forestry look with larger portion of birch trees than other regions. But more importantly it still has convenience store and whatnot in the "town" so you wouldn't have to travel for ages like you would from ML etc. In the summer and autumn there'd be fresher farm goods in the market there too

Edited by Mistral
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PrincessAutumn said:

Call me crazy but Pleasant Valley because it's wide open and you can see for miles around.. Except when there's blizzards that is lol :D  I'm pretty fond of Broken Railroad too because of the Hunting Lodge. ^_^ 

Ooh, I didn't know the Hunting Lodge was in the Broken Railroad region. And I always thought that people was talking about Trapper's Homestead, didn't know Hunting Lodge was a whole nother thing. Welp, time to do my research on the matter! 📚

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, PrincessAutumn said:

Call me crazy but Pleasant Valley because it's wide open and you can see for miles around.. Except when there's blizzards that is lol

I've never been in a blizzard IRL. I'm sure it would suck to deal with them on the regular.  The first few times I bet would be fun! I envision enjoying a hot cup of tea, sitting on the couch downstairs in the farmstead home while its raging outside, reading something interesting... idk maybe about archery. I'd munch on ketchup chips. Maybe stop and play solitaire to pass the time. Hmm.. come to think of it I would go a little crazy being inside all the time. Better go out to the car for a bit.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I wouldn't want to live anywhere in TLD I don't think. It's too remote and it would not be good for me for a few reasons.

Not for a visit or summer pleasant Valley would be good if I could learn some farming stuff. Broken railroad would be good if people taught me mechanic stuff. If I were not able to study then I think either hushed River Valley or Timberwolf mountains would be good. For a visit.

• Like 1

In a non-apocalypse event I'd probably enjoy living at the Old-Island Connector. 

If the Winter lasts all year I would choose Mystery Lake for the fish and game, and then move to the lonely lighthouse if food runs out. 

If Spring does come, Pleasant Valley has Farmland, Firewood, and sightlines to hopefully be able to spot other people before they become a threat. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PurpleWolf13 said:

Ooh, I didn't know the Hunting Lodge was in the Broken Railroad region. And I always thought that people was talking about Trapper's Homestead, didn't know Hunting Lodge was a whole nother thing. Welp, time to do my research on the matter! 📚

I won't spoil it for you but it's great, one of my favorite locations in the game ^_^ 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, PurpleWolf13 said:

Nice view, big house, not the same standing as trappers... 

Hidden in plain sight 

• Like 1

Desolation Point

Who wouldn't want to live in a lighthouse?  I'm currently playing a vanilla voyager game in DP and have spent 230 days in the region.  The only thing I miss is having a fishing shack...  So far I've had 4 moose show up on the bridge  and that has kept me well fed and clothed.  Plus when I want religion, I just gotta cross the street to get to the old church. 🙏

oh, btw, only averaging a blizzard every 3-4 days 

Edited by piddy3825
spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, Grunt said:

Nice view, big house, not the same standing as trappers... 

Hidden in plain sight 

I always thought that Hunting Lodge was another name or something for the Trapper's Homestead. Now I am wanting to go and see the Hunting Lodge in Broken Railroad. Won't happen for a bit unfortunately, as I am on the other side of the map from the place. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 12:15 AM, ManicManiac said:

My favorite place to live would be Timberwolf Mountain.  I really love the variety of paths and terrain, as well as the abundance of game for hunting (in most cases you have good access to every kind of pelt).  Also, fishing... fishing is always good for the food stocks and lanterns. :D 

Don't get me wrong, Mystery Lake will always be home to me.  I think it will always be home for those of us who've been playing since the days when Mystery Lake was our entire world.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2