Faithful Cartographer Achievement Locations in The Long Dark [SPOILERS] - Updated w/ Bleak Inlet

Admin

Currently, it says that there are 28 locations to survey in Mystery Lake. I am not sure if this is a result of the episode 4 update. This is the only thing that is preventing me from receiving this achievement. I know there are only 22 locations but it shows that I have 22/28. Please respond with feedback if possible.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:59 PM, Noah Moss said:

Currently, it says that there are 28 locations to survey in Mystery Lake. I am not sure if this is a result of the episode 4 update. This is the only thing that is preventing me from receiving this achievement. I know there are only 22 locations but it shows that I have 22/28. Please respond with feedback if possible.

Hi there -- this is a known bug. We're working on it, thanks! 

On 10/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, Corso said:

Location Trigger - Lower Raven Falls isn't showing up for me - am i doing something wrong - i've surveyed from above and below - did'nt even get the location marker?

Lower Raven Falls doesn't have a place you can survey from above. This makes me think you have the wrong location entirely. There are 3 other unnamed waterfalls slightly west of Lower Raven Falls, you might be trying to map one of these. 

Edited by andy1985

ya i know, glad I came here

But there's 1 in ML (cave system) and another in AC (can't remember the name) that have shown up too. I previously had 100% so IDK about those two. (I'm on day 370 or so in one run alone right now, all maps fully revealed/mapped, have faithful cart. achievement too, even have 100% of the cairns, too!) So it feels like it's more than just the bear ones.

Edited by Kranium

The hud shows I have 26 out of 28 in ML but aside from the 6 old bear locations 3 locations are unchecked:

To Ravine
To Forlorne Muskeg
To Cavesystem

I am missing the mountain town exit but I have the exit to FM and Ravine mapped, it shows as "Leave ML" on the map. Not sure what I'm missing here, Cavesystem could be MT or PV but the other two I have mapped, to my knowledge there's only one exit to FM and one to Ravine. Is this a bug too?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ChillPlayer said:

The hud shows I have 26 out of 28 in ML but aside from the 6 old bear locations 3 locations are unchecked:

To Ravine
To Forlorne Muskeg
To Cavesystem

I am missing the mountain town exit but I have the exit to FM and Ravine mapped, it shows as "Leave ML" on the map. Not sure what I'm missing here, Cavesystem could be MT or PV but the other two I have mapped, to my knowledge there's only one exit to FM and one to Ravine. Is this a bug too?

If you try to chalk too close or too far away they won't register as done! The cave system is MT! If they still don't work after the old bear location fix, I'd suggest reporting it!

5 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

To Ravine
To Forlorne Muskeg
To Cavesystem

Same here, but only "To Cave System". I've just tried mapped over a dozen times all around the general cave entrance area, to no avail. Driving me nuts!!!!!!! Must be a bug. Anyone else?

8 minutes ago, Kranium said:

Same here, but only "To Cave System". I've just tried mapped over a dozen times all around the general cave entrance area, to no avail. Driving me nuts!!!!!!! Must be a bug. Anyone else?

I just mapped Cave System and it was indeed the Mountain Town exit. Still don't know what to do about the other two.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kranium said:

Damn, good to know, but now I'll have to go back again & try to find the 8 square inch patch of ground where it'll work! 😞

Please share where it is, I need only that spot too for completion. Well, if the 6 old bear locations ever go away. I assume its the cave behind Trapper's Homestead, right? I've already used 75 charcoal all over that cave from every possible angle and can't trigger it. I get the cave symbol but not the exit arrows.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lefty815 said:

Please share where it is, I need only that spot too for completion. Well, if the 6 old bear locations ever go away. I assume its the cave behind Trapper's Homestead, right? I've already used 75 charcoal all over that cave from every possible angle and can't trigger it. I get the cave symbol but not the exit arrows.

If it helps what I do is walk up to the cave and stop as soon as the enter cave comes on! When it does I just take small steps backwards until the writing disappears.  Then I draw! 

On 11/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, ChillPlayer said:

To Ravine
To Forlorne Muskeg
To Cavesystem

So this is funny. After I mapped Mountain Town exit in ML I was left with FM and Ravine. I then went to MT and HRV to map all that was left there. It showed 18/24 unmapped locations in HRV but after mapping 4 of them, HRV was complete.

I returned to ML then and mapped the FM exit - and this was it, now I have a checkmark on all locations in ML including the 6 possible old bear locations. Somethings definitely buggy here.

1000740394_screen_(76539-143)_0055a422-92b9-4fb8-9a35-16a28713f2c8.thumb.png.22cdc0df93985e38959ce4f417b68471.png1129730971_screen_(76539-143)_d98aa769-2de2-4292-88a2-3ca177639e53.thumb.png.f733ea31feca02e6b3d6045c015f61a3.png

Edited by ChillPlayer
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got my Faithful Cartographer achievement today!! Was a bit nerve-wracking at the end because I started getting the "game not saved" message (I play on X-Box 1).

I just kept going, without shutting the game down -- finished the last location in HRV then went back to MT & slept 1 night in the trailer. Then in one game day went from MT,  to ML (took a little nap in the Camp Office there), & over the Ravine to CH.  The last location I needed was the tunnel entrance from the Ravine to CH ... It was heart pounding as I made that scary trip across the one-rail area of the Trestle! Whew!!

427 Day Game (it was a previously saved game). I started trying for the Achievement on Day 349, and had all of TWM and a few other areas almost done already. Almost nothing in FM, BI and BR. Nothing at all in HRV and the Ravine.

Proud and ready for a break -- Astrid is now back in her little blue house on the Coast, enjoying a cup of tea and putting her feet up.

(Hope it was okay to post this here... if not, please let me know and I'll delete)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if this is currently bugged on Xbox?  I have green checkmarks on each of the surveyed locations for each zone with no achievement. Each zone shows 0/x, but I believe this is a known visual issue.

I synchronized my save to PC and used the (unsupported) save editor to extract this information for the "mapped regions":

image.png.6f63a36b4164cc1b8ed824ab4339196b.png

This seems to indicate the issue is with RuralRegion (Pleasant Valley).  I went back and basically revealed the entire map, even those not listed in the first post, to no avail.

I started a new survival mode and mapped Pleasant Valley entirely once more (getting all the green checkmarks) and RuralRegion is still showing false.  I submitted a bug report but haven't heard anything back yet.  Anything else I can do to finish this, or should I wait for an update?

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize in advance for my english and for not being laconic. Not a native english speaker.

I assume that I'm still not the only one having the same problem, but I never noticed any solutions here or somewhere else, so...
Yes, the Faithful Cartographer trophy (PlayStation). Never happened before and yet here we go again — not popping up for me as well...
Mapped every location and even more (320 of needed 212), everything checked (although the 'visual bug' with 0 surveyed locations persists even after starting a new run), 100% explored no trophy recieved. And that's my only missing achievement in this game. I've been playing Survival (Stalker) for more than 200 hours, plus aprox. 150 hours of Story and Challenges, and TBH I'm kinda tired of this game already. I mean, I loved it, but the idea of having to start another run just to work on Faithful Cartographer not even being sure that it will pop up this time doesn't really make me happy. The goal was to beat my platinum first and then, maybe, start an Interloper run (didn't straightaway because of the Skilled Survivor trophy) for a chill and leisure play, and not to have to focus on trophies anymore. But now, being so frustrated, I'm not sure I want to keep playing it and wait for Season Passes or any other new stuff. Besides that, the game recently started to crash like every 20-30 mins. In addition, the latest v2.00 (91441) update didn't fix for me (as mentioned in patch notes) the missing key to the Paradise Meadow farmhouse, as well as the absence of Jace at the end of Episode 4 (had to replay to trigger it).
So, I'm asking the community for help with this bugged trophy. If anyone knows how to fix it or has any ideas, I'd be grateful.
And, Hinterland, please...

Edited by ReanuKeeves

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2022 at 7:18 PM, peteloud said:

How many locations are there to be found?  I have got 344, but for all I know there cpould be several more.

212, if I'm not mistaken. But seems that the latest patch v2.01 fixed that issue. At least for me, the trophy popped as soon as I loaded my latest Survival savegame (the one with all locations already mapped).

On 5/12/2022 at 4:20 AM, ReanuKeeves said:

I apologize in advance for my english and for not being laconic. Not a native english speaker.

I assume that I'm still not the only one having the same problem, but I never noticed any solutions here or somewhere else, so...
Yes, the Faithful Cartographer trophy (PlayStation). Never happened before and yet here we go again — not popping up for me as well...
Mapped every location and even more (320 of needed 212), everything checked (although the 'visual bug' with 0 surveyed locations persists even after starting a new run), 100% explored no trophy recieved. And that's my only missing achievement in this game. I've been playing Survival (Stalker) for more than 200 hours, plus aprox. 150 hours of Story and Challenges, and TBH I'm kinda tired of this game already. I mean, I loved it, but the idea of having to start another run just to work on Faithful Cartographer not even being sure that it will pop up this time doesn't really make me happy. The goal was to beat my platinum first and then, maybe, start an Interloper run (didn't straightaway because of the Skilled Survivor trophy) for a chill and leisure play, and not to have to focus on trophies anymore. But now, being so frustrated, I'm not sure I want to keep playing it and wait for Season Passes or any other new stuff. Besides that, the game recently started to crash like every 20-30 mins. In addition, the latest v2.00 (91441) update didn't fix for me (as mentioned in patch notes) the missing key to the Paradise Meadow farmhouse, as well as the absence of Jace at the end of Episode 4 (had to replay to trigger it).
So, I'm asking the community for help with this bugged trophy. If anyone knows how to fix it or has any ideas, I'd be grateful.
And, Hinterland, please...

It seems that the patch v2.01 (98664) fixed the problem for me.

• 1 month later...