Faithful Cartographer Achievement Locations in The Long Dark [SPOILERS] - Updated w/ Bleak Inlet

Admin

Yesterday I completed the Faithful Cartographer in the new DLC version of TLD.  I have now lost count of the number of times I've completed the FC.  It must be around ten times.

I wish HTL was more consistent in its design of TLD. No count is made of locations visited in Blackrock, the Airfield or its connector routes. There are no locations to be surveyed in these regions either.

I hope that these omissions are a temporary loss and that locations and survey counts will be included in an update.

Edited by peteloud

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, Ahatch said:

My main run completed mapping everything and yet no achievement ???? Do I need to map Blackrock to get the achievement???

TLDFC1.png

BlackRock isn't included in that achievement..  it could be bugged though. 

But congrats ,it takes some doing to get it👍😊

• 1 month later...

I'm the kind of player that likes to survey locations as I play to better learn each location and region even after getting the faithful cartographer achievement. Therefore I find it kinda frustrating that I can't track my mapping from locations like blackrock & forgotten airfield.

Is there a reason why those locations aren't included in the surveys locations tab? 

1 hour ago, Africanboi7 said:

I'm the kind of player that likes to survey locations as I play to better learn each location and region even after getting the faithful cartographer achievement. Therefore I find it kinda frustrating that I can't track my mapping from locations like blackrock & forgotten airfield.

Is there a reason why those locations aren't included in the surveys locations tab? 

Hinterland felt (rightfully so) that the Faithful Cartographer challenge was getting to be a bit unfair in terms of competition, when it started you only needed the maps out at the time and each new region added to the requirements meaning it was easier (minus the hang up bugs) to complete the sooner you did it this didn’t sit right so they stopped adding to the list, I would like to tack on your comment though I also very much appreciate the mapping and the effort the art department puts into the maps aesthetics and I wonder why there so many named locations that don’t show up when map as written in black what the name is, conductors dropoff, mystery lake “lookout” surfeit trestle, Ect.? 

Edited by Enigmaecho
Added context