The Crippling Fear of Fluffy

codfish107

After spending over 50 days in PV i had finally made my way through the lower section of Carter Hydro Dam. As i approached the door to the upper dam in the middle of the night, i had to remind myself that i had long known and witnessed several times that Fluffy was no longer a resident of the dam.

I was fully healed, well supplied and armored,  and had slain countless wolves and bears in PV leading up to this, but as i entered the room and looked into the dark abyss that she once called home, i was stricken with a crippling fear of the memory of her and my many deaths by her. I fled in terror, unable to face the empty room in the dark. Even as i returned with daylight pouring through the windows, rifle in hand, i still hesitatingly crossed the room and it was only until i was upstairs that i felt sure she wasn't there. 

Truly a terrifying memory.

R.I.P. Fluffy

I took a hiatus from the game within which Fluffy was removed.  I didn't know this when I started playing again.  My first return to the Dam had me sneaking around, braced to be jumped by the old girl.

Was kind of disappointed to learn she had escaped.  I always thought she was a wonderfully terrifying surprise.

7 minutes ago, NardoLoopa said:

I took a hiatus from the game within which Fluffy was removed.  I didn't know this when I started playing again.  My first return to the Dam had me sneaking around, braced to be jumped by the old girl.

Was kind of disappointed to learn she had escaped.  I always thought she was a wonderfully terrifying surprise.

She moved on to a newer map I believe to terrify those exploring.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:14 PM, nicko said:

She moved on to a newer map I believe to terrify those exploring.

Before Fluffy vanished, I only recall ever seeing one wolf in Winding River below the dam.. and now there are two.. I like to think the second one is Fluffy, reunited with her mate.

3 hours ago, JAFO said:

Before Fluffy vanished, I only recall ever seeing one wolf in Winding River below the dam.. and now there are two.. I like to think the second one is Fluffy, reunited with her mate.

I recall that as well. The wikia entry for Fluffy actually makes the same speculation.

Too bad they removed Fluffy. Her spirit is still haunting the dam, and those who met her there in another life can feel her presence. Her stalking the dark actually reminded me of the game Alien:Isolation. One of the best games ever made in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, Drifter Man said:

I hope one day they will find a way to fix her pathing problems in the cluttered dam - and return her to where she belongs!

There is also the problem of how to deal with a wolf running around in the dam during an aurora.. what happens (or should happen?) if she steps on a live wire?

I appreciate that she's either died or escaped, but has not been retconned as though she was never there. Because there's still a bandaged body, with arrows in the door by her room, to remind us all of her terrifying power. 
Be well, terrifying ol' girl. 

3 hours ago, greatwhitegamer said:

I never even got to see Fluffy. Oh well, it was probably for the best. :wolf:¬¬ It's still kinda creepy to wander through the dam with all those creaks and creepy music.

I didn't even know about Fluffy when I first visited the dam, retrieving the medicine for Jeremiah, in Wintermute.  I was worried that the bear might be inside.  -Kinda like the Raptor in the power station, in Jurassic Park. 

Actually, for most of that chapter of Wintermute, I was worried that the bear was hunting me, no matter which map I was in. 

On 2018-09-19 at 9:55 AM, JAFO said:

There is also the problem of how to deal with a wolf running around in the dam during an aurora.. what happens (or should happen?) if she steps on a live wire?

Instant 3.3kg cooked wolf meat and everything cured? Joking aside good and terrifying point to either witness that electric shock happen or have an aurorified wolf inside a pitch black industrial compkex :S

Archived