Wahoo!

stratvox

Thanks guys. I'd like to thank.. the Academy, my publicist, ....

:P

I'm thinking of firing up a new custom game and streaming it. It's going to be based on Voyageur, with much harsher weather and temperatures and game that flees from far far away, including wolves... no more wolves bringing me snacks. I'm looking at cranking up the blood scent level, so that it will pull wolves from far away for them to flee when they notice you, to help bring up the possibility of an "accidental" wolf encounter (i.e. stalking me by scent but doesn't realise it's me until it's so close to me due to terrain that it attacks me instead of fleeing). The idea is to cause your main food source (deer) to be extremely hard to bag, especially at lower skill levels, to slow skill acquisition, and to make it take longer to get to the good hide clothing that you'll really want for when the weather gets really really bad fifty days in.

I'm trying to figure out if I should do twitch or youtube gaming... thoughts on that anyone? Would folks be interested in picking up on that to see how it would go? It's sort of a different approach to making it harder ... bring on the really bad temperatures and make hunting as hard as possible, with a very low likelihood of checking out from predation.

I don't have a camera so I'll be on audio only, but that's cool from my POV... more of a radio experience than a tv experience seems right for this game... and I don't want folks to see my messy messy apartment ;).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks Stone. To give an update I've been trying out various custom configs and haven't totally nailed down what I'm trying to get across here... I'll keep you all posted if/when I ever get one off the ground that looks like what I'm trying to get at. I'm having problems nailing down the right level of loot...

Archived