Rarest clothing ?

Krait

As in title.. (Apart from TWM summit!)

I've found in my current sandbox run (80 days) Combat Pants at Signal hill (not the first time.. but still, it's the only place I've found them).

My very first Cowichan sweater (PV Farmstead), Exp Parka at (drumroll..) Camp Office!  Last sandbox over 200 days no. zero, nada (!) wool long johns ?

What's your nemesis clothing? (to find, that is!)

I don't think I've ever found a Cowichan sweater in my ~500 days across many runs. Always nice to hit the summit and walk away in double Exp. Parka but it doesn't feel as fun to find there since you expect to come away from the summit geared out.

My current run (430 days) I (fortunately!) found a Cowichan about a week in in the trunk of the car on CH right down to where you transition to the Old Island Connector. I found a second one around day 375 on a corpsicle on the overlook over Monolith Lake in HRV.

To say I was ecstatic is an understatement. First time ever I've had more than one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 11:48 AM, stratvox said:

My current run (430 days) I (fortunately!) found a Cowichan about a week in in the trunk of the car on CH right down to where you transition to the Old Island Connector. I found a second one around day 375 on a corpsicle on the overlook over Monolith Lake in HRV.

To say I was ecstatic is an understatement. First time ever I've had more than one.

How do you remember that??!! :S

On 12-7-2018 at 5:28 PM, Mixxut said:

As an interloper player ski jacket is all I want in my runs, but I find them in maybe 1/5 of my runs:/

Oh I would do so much to get a clothing like snowpants in interloper...

I just want to add someting (apart from giving you a thumps up..)

I feel kinda sorry for 'Lopers going through all the trouble getting to the Summit! (haha).. On my custom stalker run -  that's still ongoing - reaching the summit, I felt like a kid in a candy store ("take what you can carry, son!")

But, hey.. it's a choice to play like that and I will try Loper for real, soon.. Just to see if I can reach 30 days!

I can choose what to wear for pants for example: I wear Combat and Deerskin pants atm and have double Snowpants as backup.. I wear double Cowichan and have multiple Fisherman sweaters as backup.. I wear Moose cloak over exp Parka but can choose to wear double Parkas or Mariner's Pea coat or...

I know I can make over 500 days, unless I'm stupid or drunk.. The meat I have stored at several places alone guarantees that I only have to sleep, pick up meat, boil water, go back to sleep etc... ad infinitum.

I still haven't payed a visit to HRV, but I've found the entrance myself (by accident), not sure I will in this run.. It would however be a nice place to fade into The Long Dark, and be a real Man/Woman and start an Interloper run!

Cowichan sweaters and Mukluks are pretty hard to find, even on a loot-rich Pilgrim run.  Everything else, I can usually find at least two of each item, even things like the Expedition Parka or Snow Pants.  But as a rather dedicated Pilgrim/Voyageur player, I can count on one hand the number of runs that I've found more than one Cowichan or pair of Mukluks.

I did once find two Cowichan sweaters while experimenting with replicating Interloper via Custom settings.  I died from freezing. The irony is extreme.

4 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

I did once find two Cowichan sweaters while experimenting with Interloper.  I died from freezing. The irony is extreme.

Most interesting, I thought that the best piece for that layer that exists in Interloper is the Thin Wool Sweater. A Cowichan would be a huge win for any interlopist. Do you remember where you found them?

2 minutes ago, Drifter Man said:

Most interesting, I thought that the best piece for that layer that exists in Interloper is the Thin Wool Sweater. A Cowichan would be a huge win for any interlopist. Do you remember where you found them?

Ugh quite right, quite right.  Upon reading this, I realized I misremembered what I had done.  I was using a Custom game, attempting to replicate Interloper, to provide some meaning to what the "low" or "very high" translated to.  I will edit my post to be more clear.

7 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Ugh quite right, quite right.  Upon reading this, I realized I misremembered what I had done.  I was using a Custom game, attempting to replicate Interloper, to provide some meaning to what the "low" or "very high" translated to.  I will edit my post to be more clear.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I think a very rare possibility to find an occasional high-quality item would add to the thrill of the Interloper mode, so I was hopeful :)

Just now, Drifter Man said:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I think a very rare possibility to find an occasional high-quality item would add to the thrill of the Interloper mode, so I was hopeful :)

Oh definitely.  I mean I think any Interloper player would be thrilled beyond thrilled to actually find a Rifle, as some kind of 1:10000 spawn chance or something.  Even if they never use it, just finding it would be a huge story to talk about.  Kind of like the uber-rare Sasquatch Raph mentioned they had entertained the idea of introducing, for no other reason than to spark urban legends among the players!  Although to play devil's advocate, I think they'd just be accused of cheating or modding or something, so....maybe best to just leave Interloper alone lol

Archived