Are the random bunkers in Mystery lake and Pleasant valley still spawning?

piddy3825

Just curious if the random prepper cache  bunkers are still  spawning in Mystery Lake and Pleasant Valley ?  I still look around the spots where I remember finding them in the past versions, haven't seemed to find any at lately.  Just got to wondering if those have been edited out?  

8 hours ago, Erutor said:

I can confirm they spawn. I saw my first one (out of 35 Interloper runs) a few days ago on an Interloper run when I dropped down the rope from TWM to PV. 

sorry , but that one doesnt count.  that is a permanent bunker that always spawns there, in case you werent aware of that.    

3 hours ago, Hawk said:

Personally, I never go looking for any bunkers anymore, except the weapons bunker near the Mystery Lake Camp Office, and I've never found that one, and I've loaded new games hundreds of times. I've never found any of the others.

Of course as @cekivi mentioned, the bunker near the rope to TWM is always there.

I did stumble across the food bunker near Unbamed Pond recently, but that was just a fluke. I wasn't looking for it. I got lost in the fog. LOL!

Yeah, I check that one all the time.  I once launched 57 games in a row  on Mystery lake before i got it to spawn.  ended up with 2 rifles in almost broken condition and 12 rounds.  Was not worth effort required to obtain.  

Wow... how have  I never seen that bunker before, in all the times I've been up there? Thanks for the clarification! I guess the risk of jumping into Interloper without knowing the maps is sometimes you look ignorant (because you are) on the public forums. ;) Small price to pay for the joy of discovery.

11 hours ago, Erutor said:

Wow... how have  I never seen that bunker before, in all the times I've been up there? Thanks for the clarification! I guess the risk of jumping into Interloper without knowing the maps is sometimes you look ignorant (because you are) on the public forums. ;) Small price to pay for the joy of discovery.

lol, i was as surprised as you were when I first found out about it.  I was giddy with excitement thinking I had found an unknown bunker spawn location in Pleasant Valley.  ha ha  Anyways, Kudos to you for jumping into this game on Interloper regardless of how well you might know the map.  That is a tough setting!  

4 hours ago, ChillPlayer said:

There are no random bunkers in Interloper but they still spawn in other difficulties.

I so very rarely play Interloper so I don't know, but has it always been that way since inception or were they removed during some stage of development?

Always that way. The PV cache before TWM is the only cache but a static part of the game. You don’t need them. The Key to Interloper is letting go of the belief you need all those goodies.:)

On 06/06/2018 at 2:45 AM, piddy3825 said:

Yeah, I check that one all the time.  I once launched 57 games in a row  on Mystery lake before i got it to spawn.  ended up with 2 rifles in almost broken condition and 12 rounds.  Was not worth effort required to obtain.  

The Survivor run in my current streaming schedule has 3 rifles on Coastal Highway stashed in the garage and 3 stashed in the Park Office on Mystery Lake but ammo is exceptionally sparse and hard to find.  Those 6 rifles were collected from only CH & ML without going into prepper caches - not yet been out to Broken Railroad for the one at the Lodge.  I got the flare pistol from Ravine Basin too, but again ammo is very sparse.
Mainly I've been using the bow - had a rapid trip to the FM forge to make up a huge batch of arrowheads - sitting on a cache of around 30 of them plus 12 complete arrows, 30-ish bare shafts and over 100 feathers, with cured saplings to make another 6 bows and another 20-ish shafts.
The more I use the bow, the more I prefer it over the rifle ... and the bear seems to not spawn if you're not carrying a rifle in Voyageur mode.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantCrazyOxDancingBanana <- is not wolfbait despite this is my first post.

7 hours ago, Gazbeard said:

The Survivor run in my current streaming schedule has 3 rifles on Coastal Highway stashed in the garage and 3 stashed in the Park Office on Mystery Lake but ammo is exceptionally sparse and hard to find.  Those 6 rifles were collected from only CH & ML without going into prepper caches - not yet been out to Broken Railroad for the one at the Lodge.  I got the flare pistol from Ravine Basin too, but again ammo is very sparse.
Mainly I've been using the bow - had a rapid trip to the FM forge to make up a huge batch of arrowheads - sitting on a cache of around 30 of them plus 12 complete arrows, 30-ish bare shafts and over 100 feathers, with cured saplings to make another 6 bows and another 20-ish shafts.
The more I use the bow, the more I prefer it over the rifle ... and the bear seems to not spawn if you're not carrying a rifle in Voyageur mode.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantCrazyOxDancingBanana <- is not wolfbait despite this is my first post.

I have been playing custom game settings, and yeah, I got lots of rifles...  cartridges are little harder to find, but most recently found some in mailboxes, lots are under furniture and even found my first rifle in a car, ammo in the glove box.  I too prefer the bow ultimately, but it's nice having a boomstick, am I right?

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Luciën said:

I am playing a game on pilgrim at the moment and from all the random prepper caches in pleasant valley, none have spawned. Are there any new locations added, perhaps? Or can it be that random also can mean: none whatsoever?

Hey, they are still there, moved a little nearby in some cases due to enhanced features.  I found the hunter prep cache in 7 launches the other day on Pilgrim mode.

I photo posted the pictures along with the location settings in another post you may want to check out.  See the thread called custom mode bunker by player @MueckE

MueckE

Custom mode Bunker

Started by MueckE, Tuesday at 01:11 PM

Ohhh... I've looked and looked and looked... Thanks for sharing the link. I still need to find out how to work with these links here, but otherwise if the stakes are high, I'll just have an old school navigation stroll and maybe, maybe bump into someones bunker...

Archived