TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, PART FIVE is here!!!

Cheating death is really punishing, seriously people that thought this was going to diminish the game really didn't know what they were talking about.

Spoiler

Edit:  Seriously, you're making your current game as bad as Misery but without the exclusive afflictions.  Diminished regen and loss of condition either temporarily or permanently and loss of inventory seems unavoidable in some cases.  Also resetting progress for achievements that require a single save!  Consider these consequences before choosing.

Edited by rush247
Added spoilers
  • Upvote 4
  • Like 1

GOG user here who plays the game since 2017... I just wanted to say thanks again for nothing! GOG users still can only play v2.02 because Hinterland ceased to deliver updates after the DLCs started. I'm fully disappointed and feel very much betrayed.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Luca Loquax said:

Timber wolves taste like chicken!

Yeah, it is!

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Mini update this morning... any idea what is was for?

Also loving the new map so far....  💗

Maybe bugfixes?

Yeah this map I love it too 💓Have you ever glimmerfog on this new map? From my self never! Hopefully it stay so 😁

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

Yeah, it is!

Maybe bugfixes?

Yeah this map I love it too 💓Have you ever glimmerfog on this new map? From my self never! Hopefully it stay so 😁

I did wonder if it was for the custom games,I know the cougar and scurvy option wasn't working properly.

No glimmer fog yet just severely windy and a brief aurora.but I've only been there for a little bit..

I'm still hoping for glimmer fog to be in the accessibility options . It still gives me a raging headache .so I've been lucky in the new map so far.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Polynomial-C said:

GOG user here who plays the game since 2017... I just wanted to say thanks again for nothing! GOG users still can only play v2.02 because Hinterland ceased to deliver updates after the DLCs started. I'm fully disappointed and feel very much betrayed.

I don’t understand this GOG thing.  Is it a program used on Windows, iOS or Linux computers?

If so, why wouldn’t you just download Steam on the computer you are already using and play through that?

It sounds like your version of TLD is so outdated at this point that it would be beneficial to change programs.   

Is there some specific requirement holding you to the GOG system?

6 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

don’t understand this GOG thing.  Is it a program used on Windows, iOS or Linux computers?

If so, why wouldn’t you just download Steam on the computer you are already using and play through that?

It sounds like your version of TLD is so outdated at this point that it would be beneficial to change programs.   

Is there some specific requirement holding you to the GOG system?

GOG was another digital games store the game used to be sold on- GoodOldGames. So, another platform and launcher that people could buy the game on. I don't know what happened that caused HL to pull the game from that store, or if GOG decided to stop selling it. I do know that other games I own on GOG had and still have issues with updates not being delivered in a timely manner, while the same games get the updates on every other platform. I do know that if the base game is no longer sold on that store, you can't buy any DLCs for the game after it is removed from the GOG store.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ThePancakeLady said:

I do know that other games I own on GOG had and still have issues with updates not being delivered in a timely manner

So perhaps the issue is with GOG not supporting players well, and nothing to do with HL…?

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

So perhaps the issue is with GOG not supporting players well, and nothing to do with HL…?

Last I heard talk about GOG.... all their processes were very manual & they were short staffed. Stressing developers who couldn't get in touch with them in a timely manner & couldn't maintain a timely release schedule. Unfortunately dealing with that becomes a question of whether the sales on that platform is worth the aggravation. 

Sucks if you originally bought it there... but I think it got nixed & you're better off rebuying elsewhere. 😓

• Upvote 1

I did get Glimmer Fog in the new region, and yep, I'm another person it affects with headache, I just stayed inside until it passed ... luckily, I had decent food reserves (and I'm grabbing cattails whenever I pass them)

I did not see an update this morning.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, twyn1 said:

I did get Glimmer Fog in the new region, and yep, I'm another person it affects with headache, I just stayed inside until it passed ... luckily, I had decent food reserves (and I'm grabbing cattails whenever I pass them)

I did not see an update this morning.

I got the main update last night but usually there's a smaller one for tales as well..this time though I got a tales one this morning..  

I still struggle inside with some flashing lights, the zone has some  very unpleasant flashing in the mine buildings .   I got stuck inside one for two days and ended up passing time while looking away from my screen..  

There are some workarounds to avoid it though ,for the most part..

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Time to suffer 😁!

Hypothetical question: If the Cougar (A TFTFT feature) is automatically included in Misery Mode (which as I gather is a free addition to the base game), what happens if I start a Misery game without TFTFT installed?

So it seems like you have 10 days only in a region before the Cougar arrives on Interloper. (and not the 20 days that Zak said) That's not enough time to explore a new region, especially when my nemesis the Glimmer Fog takes days out where you can't see anything. Kinda frustrating that I will have to leave so soon to let the timer tick down. I want the Cougar active but not ready to tackle it yet in an unfamiliar region I don't have a base in.

The new region itself is awesome so far though. There for 4 days and mapped a little before Glimmer arrived. The framerate issue is still there with Glimmer Fog though, I was down to 20 FPS at one point and it was giving my wife and I headaches so we had to stop playing for a bit. (Ryzen 5600 + RX6700XT so not a potato rig)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hazelnut said:

So it seems like you have 10 days only in a region before the Cougar arrives on Interloper. (and not the 20 days that Zak said) That's not enough time to explore a new region, especially when my nemesis the Glimmer Fog takes days out where you can't see anything. Kinda frustrating that I will have to leave so soon to let the timer tick down. I want the Cougar active but not ready to tackle it yet in an unfamiliar region I don't have a base in.

The new region itself is awesome so far though. There for 4 days and mapped a little before Glimmer arrived. The framerate issue is still there with Glimmer Fog though, I was down to 20 FPS at one point and it was giving my wife and I headaches so we had to stop playing for a bit. (Ryzen 5600 + RX6700XT so not a potato rig)

This is odd. Were you playing on an old save? Because when I was testing cougars out, the warning appeared on day 20, and the cougar appeared on day 25. On interloper.

Edited by Ghurcb
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hazelnut said:

I wonder if the cougar timer is tuned to how far along you are in the run. The more days survived, the less time you have. OR, the new region has a shorter timer due to the fact that it's an ideal cougar habitat. I've heard several people talk about the 10 day timer in the new region. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Pencil said:

I wonder if the cougar timer is tuned to how far along you are in the run. The more days survived, the less time you have. OR, the new region has a shorter timer due to the fact that it's an ideal cougar habitat. I've heard several people talk about the 10 day timer in the new region. 

I think you might be correct. I'm on an existing 500+ days Stalker run and have just spent the last 10 days in Mystery Lake and just had the '5 remaining days' cougar warning popup (note there was no audio sound, I just happened to notice it worryingly!) so I wonder if it's this short a time because of how long I have survived. Interesting 🤔

I too am not quite ready to be attacked yet so I'm going to 'high tail' it to the Muskeg/BR to let the timer reset before heading back to the Lake. My plan is to build up a supply of spare clothes/items ready for if/when kitty does attack then I have reserves ready. Might also put my variants in storage so kitty doesn't scratch them 😄

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Ghurcb said:

This is odd. Were you playing on an old save? Because when I was testing cougars out, the warning appeared on day 20, and the cougar appeared on day 25. On interloper.

Yes I am, it's a 260 day Interloper run started when part 2 of TFTFT was released. I continued (rather than loading) and so didn't get the chance to disable Cougar or the Scurvy, not that I want to anyway. (however I would be all over a disable Glimmer Fog!)

Maybe not going through the disable checks also means that the Cougar timer is messed up as well then, in which case it's likely a bug that will get fixed swiftly. Glad to hear it actually because 10 days is a bit short IMO.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Hazelnut
Clarify
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Pencil said:

Hmm, could be. I think it's more likely to be a bug in migration, possibly due to using continue which I guess none of their streamer testers use since they juggle many runs at once unlike us casuals who just have one going. 🙂

Easy to miss stuff like that, it really is. (I am a software dev of 30 years myself, so I know how complex things get)

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Hazelnut said:

To be fair though you could then go on an easier difficulty lie pilgrim if you wanted to explore. Otherwise find the cougar den.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

To be fair though you could then go on an easier difficulty lie pilgrim if you wanted to explore. Otherwise find the cougar den.

I want to explore with this run just like we did the other 2 regions. It's fine really. I have a stash of meat back at the depot so will go wait a while there if needs be. My patience is reduced due to excitement is all. :D Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edited by Hazelnut
Clarify
  • Upvote 1