Favourite TLD foods?

On 2/7/2024 at 10:50 AM, Fjällröven said:

I would prefer them with whipped cream and strawberry  jam!

Lets start a war :D I think the blueberry jam is the best for pancakes. And I mean reall blueberries. Those you can find in the forest and not in the gardern.

• Upvote 2

Any idea whether pancakes can be prepared as drunk pancakes? I mean mix the maple syrup with hint of rum? Using pure rum would be death sentence since pancakes can soak so much liquid. But adding a hint could be doable.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, acada said:

Any idea whether pancakes can be prepared as drunk pancakes? I mean mix the maple syrup with hint of rum?

Yeah, that could work. Alternatively you could just splash a bit of rum in the batter, that should work as well. Now I'm hungry 😋.

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:51 AM, acada said:

Lets start a war :D I think the blueberry jam is the best for pancakes. And I mean reall blueberries. Those you can find in the forest and not in the gardern.

Yes! Messy blueberries win every time. Purple tongue posse! But I would still like to have some whipped cream. Could be coconut based cream too. No need to ”have a cow, man”. In fact, skipp the pancakes, whipped cream, blueberries and vanilla ice cream.

We need a broken down truck full of ben and jerry’s ice cream in tld! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2024 at 11:51 AM, acada said:

1 minute ago, Fjällröven said:

Yes! Messy blueberries win every time. Purple tongue posse! But I would still like to have some whipped cream. Could be coconut based cream too. No need to ”have a cow, man”. In fact, skipp the pancakes, whipped cream, blueberries and vanilla ice cream.

We need a broken down truck full of ben and jerry’s ice cream in tld! 

Ken and Barry’s ice cream.

in-game description: ”Ooh you’ve found a real treat!”

weight: 1kg

2300 calories

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

And instant hypothermia on top of that ;).

Hahaha 😂. Could be a challenge maybe? Stay Frosty Challenge: You are a post-apocalyptic ice cream man. You must transport a shipment of cat tail ice cream buckets from desolation point to a Mr. Yogi Bear in Timberwolf Mountain within 48 in game hours. If you light a fire ice cream will melt. ️ 

• Upvote 2

On 2/11/2024 at 8:16 AM, Fjällröven said:

You must transport a shipment of cat tail ice cream buckets from desolation point to a Mr. Yogi Bear in Timberwolf Mountain within 48 in game hours. If you light a fire ice cream will melt.

I must say I hated those missions in the Death Stranding. But here in Great Bear you could leave the shipment somewhere far from fire and it will be fine. Unless there are gourmand wolfs trying to get new experience and taste the icecream.

• Upvote 1

I generally prefer my pancakes either savory (with ham and cheese on them and then fried) or with some kind of jam (honey or syrup is good as well)... fruit and whipped cream pair better with waffles in my opinion.

Now I'll just have to make some this weekend, all this talk about pancakes is making me crave them :D.

• Upvote 1

Agree that fruit & whipped cream is better on waffles. 

Not sure about baked beans on pancakes (I have had them for breakfast with toast a few times tho') -- and what is Branston pickle??

I did find a nice recipe (in RL) for pancake muffins & you can add all kinds of mix-ins -- definitely going to do up some sweet ones but also maybe ham, a dry cheese & spinach might be nice. The kidlets (multi-generational household) love having muffins & little pastries to grab when they get hungry.

• Upvote 1

Ahhhh ... I could go with that (I'm assuming it's either British or Australian) ... I love veggie pickles and make them often. But usually the "kimchi" type or spicy dill ... sweet would be something new to try, 

Back to TLD -- Now I'm thinking we need vinegar in the game ... I saw a suggestion of pickled cattails, but you could probably pickle rosehips & burdock too. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, twyn1 said:

Ahhhh ... I could go with that (I'm assuming it's either British or Australian) ... I love veggie pickles and make them often. But usually the "kimchi" type or spicy dill ... sweet would be something new to try, 

British, and available here in Ireland too thank goodness. Cheese and pickle is a very standard sandwich filling. And I did have it on pancakes on Pancake Day this week.

• Upvote 1

i use all food mods that exists because going around to gather (very little) food is what makes my TLD trips worth (on maps that i know so well)... I enjoy store food in my (mindful) cabin. It's what makes the game to be still worth playing.

Regarding the best food ... as an Italian i am waiting for Pizza : flour+salt+oil+tomatoes (crushed from mod or soup)+water+ maybe herbs (from indoor greenery mod).  Of course it will never arrive ...but ...

Edited by Frantz70
  • Upvote 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:19 AM, Semple Fi said:

Very Dark Maple Syrup, Strong Taste
This maple syrup is from sap gathered at the very end of the season and therefore has the strongest taste of all. It adds rich, distinctive maple flavor, as well as nose and color, to sauces and glazes

IMG_3400.jpeg.572e45eb8453a87d7509af1f7d439eb5.jpeg

Different times of the season produce different colors and flavors, if you really want the full maple flavor, dark maple syrup is the best IMO

I am a fan of the light syrup produced at the very beginning of the sugaring season - in the Mid-Atlantic States of the USA it is known as "light amber" - its subtle flavor and sweetness does not overpower tea.

Edited by Blizzard Walker
spelling

On 2/20/2024 at 3:01 AM, Third Try said:

What's wrong with you people?  Maple syrup is the only topping for pancakes.

Personally I have never even seen maple syrup let alone tried it, but in Argentina we have dulce de leche and I tend to go with that for pancakes.