Favourite TLD foods?

7 minutes ago, acada said:

Not sure about toast. Maybe if you like your toast with honey, you will like this. The maple syrup is like not so sweet honey with hint of nuts (to me). And tea. I think so.

Thanks..  yes I like honey on toast,so sounds good😊

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Does it taste good on toast?  Or in tea?    I'm on a very basic diet at the moment.. 

yes and yes.  It’s a great substitute for refined sugar. Make sure it’s pure maple syrup though

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

yes and yes.  It’s a great substitute for refined sugar. Make sure it’s pure maple syrup though

Thank you.... If I'm going to try it I'll make sure it's the best😊

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

What's the difference between Mapeline and regular?

Mapeline is an artificial kind of "maple extract", though no maple trees are involved in its manufacture.  Adding it to sugar and water makes a kind of "budget" maple syrup.

If you're from a part of the world that doesn't really use maple sugar products, try some 100% maple sugar candies.  The flavor is incredible.  If they weren't so expensive I'd buy them every week.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

Mapeline is an artificial kind of "maple extract", though no maple trees are involved in its manufacture.  Adding it to sugar and water makes a kind of "budget" maple syrup.

If you're from a part of the world that doesn't really use maple sugar products, try some 100% maple sugar candies.  The flavor is incredible.  If they weren't so expensive I'd buy them every week.

Oh I see thank you... I did notice a few maple flavoured sauces and things online ..don't remember seeing any candies though but I shall check later..

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Oh I see thank you... I did notice a few maple flavoured sauces and things online ..don't remember seeing any candies though but I shall check later..

Make sure you try the ones that are 100% maple sugar.  The ones that use cane sugar also taste good, but you won't get the full experience.

Maple syrup on toast might be a little weird, but it is wonderful in oatmeal (or porridge).  And it would be good in pastries, like little breakfast pinwheels with apples or nuts. Maybe peaches!  You could make a crumble for on top with the oats and syrup & It's also good on corn fritters.

I wonder if there's any kind of sweet pastry you could make (in RL) with flour, condensed milk, oil and maple syrup?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, twyn1 said:

Maple syrup on toast might be a little weird, but it is wonderful in oatmeal (or porridge).  And it would be good in pastries, like little breakfast pinwheels with apples or nuts. Maybe peaches!  You could make a crumble for on top with the oats and syrup & It's also good on corn fritters.

I wonder if there's any kind of sweet pastry you could make (in RL) with flour, condensed milk, oil and maple syrup?

Porridge is good😊.  Thank you....    Can't stand peaches though but there's a few ideas in there for the game..  

If there's a new pastry I'll eat it lol😁

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

Looking online again I saw maple syrup peanut butter!!!!   That's a thing.....sounds yummy😋

Very Dark Maple Syrup, Strong Taste
This maple syrup is from sap gathered at the very end of the season and therefore has the strongest taste of all. It adds rich, distinctive maple flavor, as well as nose and color, to sauces and glazes

IMG_3400.jpeg.572e45eb8453a87d7509af1f7d439eb5.jpeg

Different times of the season produce different colors and flavors, if you really want the full maple flavor, dark maple syrup is the best IMO

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Very Dark Maple Syrup, Strong Taste
This maple syrup is from sap gathered at the very end of the season and therefore has the strongest taste of all. It adds rich, distinctive maple flavor, as well as nose and color, to sauces and glazes

IMG_3400.jpeg.572e45eb8453a87d7509af1f7d439eb5.jpeg

Different times of the season produce different colors and flavors, if you really want the full maple flavor, dark maple syrup is the best IMO

Thank you.😊.    There are a few dark ones on the site I looked at...

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2024 at 10:05 PM, conanjaguar said:

A bit off topic from the maple syrup tangent but we bought some rabbit meat today! My life will be fulfilled when I try it :).

What a coincidence. We had a rabbit for lunch that day as well. My favourite is to put it on a onion bed and give him blanket from bacon and mushrooms. And I mean really thick layers of onion and mushrooms. Bacon is not so thick. After all, we are preparing rabbit, not a pig.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, acada said:

What a coincidence. We had a rabbit for lunch that day as well. My favourite is to put it on a onion bed and give him blanket from bacon and mushrooms. And I mean really thick layers of onion and mushrooms. Bacon is not so thick. After all, we are preparing rabbit, not a pig.

Sounds amazing 😋.

On 2/3/2024 at 4:22 PM, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

try a creamy mustard sauce :)

Mustard might be a bit too sharp... wouldn't it overpower the flavor?

In-game I just eat venison and drink water and maybe I’ll have a few cat tails on the side most of the time. But I have a sweet tooth irl and could definitely eat pancakes and sirup! Although I would prefer them with whipped cream and strawberry  jam! 

• Upvote 3