Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

Been spending some time in HRV. I had just started a new game to try some tweaks to the way I build custom games, but as soon as I found out the December date for the DLC and the stuff that would be coming with it, I switched back to my current long run, currently up around two years in.

I find the late game to be interesting in a lot of ways; a large part of this is predicated on the idea that I move on from a place after I've lived there for about a month or so, and as I move around GBI I build an archipelago of caves and houses with all the necessities for life, even a comfortable one, and I just travel around to a new place, live there for a while, and move on to the next one.

At any rate, on this particular run I started in HRV but was only in there for a few days before I left because of needing ... stuff. HRV can be a really good start but there's some luck involved there. When it comes to natural resources (berries, omb, shrooms, etc) it's a treasure house. The fact that you have to leave to go to make more arrows is actually kind of good. 

Anyway, took a few pics over the last few days in game that I thought came out all right. Here they are.

Midmorning:

screen_5cf0138c-a6eb-4585-bf1b-809cd093ef51_hi.thumb.png.15dd0c5607a81c844cb32737a3288934.png

Afternoon fog near my preferred living place in HRV, the cave on the southern wall between the ice cave exit in the big granite obelisk and the bear den on its other side.

screen_dbc32f57-aa7c-4f6d-945f-db56d402ee70_hi.thumb.png.030c22a95c73500de901d6e0137509d0.png

Went travelling across the valley in the afternoon and scored this early evening look across the valley towards the cave in pic number two, and catching a glimpse of the Twin Sister Falls and Little Bear and Cub Falls. It's a little foggy and dim but the spray from the falls shows particularly well in the late twilight gloaming: 

screen_87fcbf82-0203-4bb4-ada0-01252bd351ea_hi.thumb.png.2ee26b0459a50cbd6931b80fe97bcece.png

• Upvote 6
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jeffpeng said:

screen_ab23011e-cb8e-4510-be09-fd4fa3839411_hi.thumb.png.0acc87901965cdeb9368eb5d67e9ef14.pngDo I stay or do I go?

That's Crumbling Highway, isn't it? Quick death from the dogs out there I'd expect; you could maybe make it to the basement by hugging the landward cliff without setting one off. Maybe. You'll definitely be encountering a wolf before you make it to Coastal Highway I'd expect, and then of course if you make it to Coastal you're going to be dancing with the Cottages bear. While it's true that all these tales will be gone, soon, like tears in the rain... it's still a good two months away before Roy dies of old age on that roof. Might be worth keeping them alive for a while yet.

• Upvote 2

Guest jeffpeng
33 minutes ago, stratvox said:

That's Crumbling Highway, isn't it? Quick death from the dogs out there I'd expect; you could maybe make it to the basement by hugging the landward cliff without setting one off. Maybe. You'll definitely be encountering a wolf before you make it to Coastal Highway I'd expect, and then of course if you make it to Coastal you're going to be dancing with the Cottages bear. While it's true that all these tales will be gone, soon, like tears in the rain... it's still a good two months away before Roy dies of old age on that roof. Might be worth keeping them alive for a while yet.

Almost. It's the DP's internal mine, the exit towards the light house. So all that was waiting outside were two assassination wolves. But I waited it out. Update or not, I don't want my "training Interloper" to die just yet.